• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Expectations

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, the season is here. The roster is set. The new head coach is the old head coach. What are your expectations for the season?

I think we finish 8-8. Too much talent to completely tank (which might be nice). I expect the defense will be particularly good.... There will be a lot of chatter about Teryl Austin and the 'changes' he made to an aggressive D led by their line. These changes will look even better as Paulie G. struggles with his crappy unit in Oakland.

On the other hand, I'm just not buying an offense that is dependent upon a pass heavy attack with Dalton, Green and a bunch of unknown factors. Sure, Eifert could be healthy for once.... Boyd might fulfill some potential... Ross might make some big plays. Malone might actually do something. But these are unknowns. I'm afraid they will struggle.

All in all I think it will be a typical Marvin season... Enough to be exciting here and there, but largely a flawed team without any real chance.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will win 9 games. No playoffs, but they will play better. Only health stands in their way of doing better than this. If key guys stay healthy, they have a chance. If not, I still think they can get 7-8 wins. The defense is going to keep them in a lot of games.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-7 or 10-6 is my expectation.

But if we can't beat a dreaded Colts team, I'm checking out early. Got better things to do.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense could be badass if healthy. I like Teryl Austin. An aggressive, pressure happy defense will be a breath of fresh air after 5 years of Paulie G’s soft zone, bend but don’t break schemes. They’ll be competitive with most everyone.

The offense is a mystery. I’m not drinking the kool-aid on the passing game either. The idea of Andy Dalton throwing 10,000 times doesn’t excite me. Eifert could go on IR any week. Ross is exciting but still raw. Still a lot of unknowns. The offensive line is still a huge question mark. If Cordy Glenn goes down things will get ugly once again. The running game is gonna be ass again. I don’t understand why this organization keeps drafting all these RBs without providing them any blockers.

8 wins is a good number. Based solely on overall talent it’s should be a 10 win roster. But it’s the Marvin Lewis Bengals. They’ll win a couple surprise games, then come up lame whenever there’s any expectations.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea on the record, as that always is determined by injuries, time at which we meet that team, etc.

I will just say, I expect playoffs this season and if we do not accomplish that I will be disappointed as I expect good things from this team, especially if we can figure out the oline and running game as the season wears on.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game could be a bit easier ... per reports, LT Castonzo is not practicing, and is going to be a game-time decision.

The OL of the Colts is not very good to begin with, and if he missed week 1, that is a big bonus for this defense.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game could be a bit easier ... per reports, LT Castonzo is not practicing, and is going to be a game-time decision.

The OL of the Colts is not very good to begin with, and if he missed week 1, that is a big bonus for this defense.

Frankly, if the Bengals are worth a shit this season they should probably win on Sunday. I realize Indy might get a jolt from having Luck back, but they are starting fresh with new schemes and a guy that hasn't played on Sunday in a long time. And they don't have a lot of talent on that roster. Then again, that same team pretty much had us beat in PBS last season before one defensive play saved the day.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, if the Bengals are worth a shit this season they should probably win on Sunday. I realize Indy might get a jolt from having Luck back, but they are starting fresh with new schemes and a guy that hasn't played on Sunday in a long time. And they don't have a lot of talent on that roster. Then again, that same team pretty much had us beat in PBS last season before one defensive play saved the day.

Oh no doubt. If the Bengals are going to march to a winning season, this is game #1 they HAVE to win. Whether Indy is healthy, or not, is really irrelevant. Of course, it helps that one of their best OL may not play, and it happens to also coincide with the strength of this defense in the DL/DE play.

Agreed about the game last year, but last year was such a mess that it's hard to compare that team to the one who is starting the season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton offense preview:

3 and out
3 and out
FG
3 and out