• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sean taylor trial

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Death Penalty has proven that it is NOT a deterrant.... The legal system of putting guys in jail for life and treating them with kid glovs doesnt work either....room, board, doctors, cable tv..etc....this for some people, is an upgrade and a good thing over their current life....

Are you sure it isn't a deterrent? Just because people still commit murders that may give them the death penalty doesn't mean it doesn't deter the same behavior in those who didn't commit those crimes. Also, so few are given the death penalty, many feel the odds of actually getting the death penalty isn't a deterrent because the odds are so remote.

I dont pretend to know the answers I dont...but I would think getting back to the hard labor, non-cushy prison life would be a better determent for people......

This should definitely be a part of it. That being said, doing that to somebody for life is a waste of tax-payer money. If they are going to die in prison, save the tax-payer money and help them with that.

Bottom line is.....No matter what the legal system has...it will never be fair to his child that will grow up without her daddy around...Not fair to Sean's parents that had to burry their Son...

This is true but it's also not something you can make fair...unless you take away the rights of all fathers to be with their kids. It's more fair but stupid...fairness to effect negative change is a liberal ideal.

the kid one day will have to be accountable for his actions......and that will be a hard account to overcome....I am confident When I am up there...I wont be bumping into him!!! he will be in the Elevator to the GROUND FLOOR!!!!

What if he finds God in prison? You may very well see him again. Ted Bundy may very well be in Heaven.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look in context. What you are referring to is Jesus saying to "turn the other cheek." That isn't referring to punishment from society...that's referring to me personally taking things into my own hands. It's saying let the "system" make it's judgment and God make his final judgment.

An eye for an eye was referring to punishments for crime and was simply stating, let the punishment fit the crime. Both still hold true.

I'm not saying I want to take things into my own hands...I am saying I want the system to be harsher on criminals.

please dont tell me what i am referring to . you have no idea . the new covenant does not preach an eye for an eye . your original statement was to sever his femoral artery . the same injury (shot ) taylor got hence i took it as eye for an eye

i am perfectly OK with 1st or 2nd degree murders and how they are punished or separated and i am happy with the US constitution and the state constitutions

57 years in prison isnt a day at the beach

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont tell me what i am referring to . you have no idea . the new covenant does not preach an eye for an eye . your original statement was to sever his femoral artery . the same injury (shot ) taylor got hence i took it as eye for an eye

i am perfectly OK with 1st or 2nd degree murders and how they are punished or separated and i am happy with the US constitution and the state constitutions

57 years in prison isnt a day at the beach

You apparently did not like my response. So what exactly does it teach?