• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sea and SF least passes thrown in league this year

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy, considering the other side of the league has Brady v Manning. New school qbs with old school mentality in NFCCG. Old school qbs with new school "throw it around" mentality in the AFCCG.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also combined to rush for over 1000 yards together.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning & Brady combined had -14, lol.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy, considering the other side of the league has Brady v Manning. New school qbs with old school mentality in NFCCG. Old school qbs with new school "throw it around" mentality in the AFCCG.

eh, it's not really crazy. both coaching staffs know they can't put a lot on the shoulders of these young qb's or their chances of failing would increase greatly. the 2 young qb's will thrive for now if defenses are focused on containing their running games, giving them easier reads and more time to make a decision and make the pass.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no, the new school guys don't have old school mentality. They are told not to throw that much because they simply aren't good at it and the teams strength is running.

its not a QB driven league anymore so as long as you are strong in other areas you can survive and succeed because the quality of play league wide is not as good.

give the NFC QBs Manning's playbook and they wouldn't win any games because they aren't that a good at passing right now.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are told not to throw that much because they simply aren't good at it ................

............and they wouldn't win any games because they aren't that a good at passing right now.

well, i think you and i are saying generally the same thing but you took it to more of an extreme. i wouldn't say wilson and kaep 'arent good' at passing. they both have some strengths (but they both also have some weaknesses). They can thrive (and are thriving) in a run-heavy offense, for now, where they have less coverage and less blitzes to make their reads/decisions more accurately while they are still adjusting to the NFL.

i am in agreement that if you put wilson or kaep in a pass-heavy offense like dallas, Indy or new orleans, they would not appear nearly as effective and people would have a much different opinion of them.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, the new school guys don't have old school mentality. They are told not to throw that much because they simply aren't good at it and the teams strength is running.

its not a QB driven league anymore so as long as you are strong in other areas you can survive and succeed because the quality of play league wide is not as good.

give the NFC QBs Manning's playbook and they wouldn't win any games because they aren't that a good at passing right now.

Simply aren't good at it? Whatever hater. Simply isn't good at throwing is the Chad Henne, Brandon Weedens of the world. Not qbs in the nfccg

I think an interesting thing to think about is the amount of money tied to the qb position. Seattle plays a run it and win with Defense. Cause thats their strength. NE and Den don't have that strength large part to the fact their paying their qb's 20 mill a year while seattle pays wilson 500k.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having two of the best running games adds in that stat for obvious reasons.

Also, having two of the best defenses does as well. Neither team has been in too many positions this year where they are behind by 2+ scores and need to catch up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply aren't good at it? Whatever hater. Simply isn't good at throwing is the Chad Henne, Brandon Weedens of the world. Not qbs in the nfccg

I think an interesting thing to think about is the amount of money tied to the qb position. Seattle plays a run it and win with Defense. Cause thats their strength. NE and Den don't have that strength large part to the fact their paying their qb's 20 mill a year while seattle pays wilson 500k.

The Broncos and Patriots both have done pretty darn good running the football when needed. The Divisional Round is a great showing of that in both relied on their running games to win them the game and pass when necessary.

Defensively they struggle some but I would put that more on injuries than anything else. Both have lost about half the starting defense with All-Pro caliber players among those. Before those injuries Broncos finished last season top 3 in defense and New England was top 5 this year before all the injuries.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos and Patriots both have done pretty darn good running the football when needed. The Divisional Round is a great showing of that in both relied on their running games to win them the game and pass when necessary.

Defensively they struggle some but I would put that more on injuries than anything else. Both have lost about half the starting defense with All-Pro caliber players among those. Before those injuries Broncos finished last season top 3 in defense and New England was top 5 this year before all the injuries.

Im sure they have. Theres no team that gets here that hasn't dealt with injuries during the year. Depth is something the good teams have.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, ram was a little extreme in his wording. When i think of guys who are not good at passing i think of guys like Tim tebow, Blaine gabbert, and mark Sanchez. Obviously, wilson and kaep are on a higher level. However, they are not elite passers yet. Both of them still have some glaring weaknesses, which is one of the reasons their coaches protect them and make their jobs much easier with the play calling.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure NE had over 2k rushing yards this year. Denver wasn't bad either.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have the defenses like we do the NFC west, you got to pound the rock a lot to move the chains. End of story.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesn't need to pass to win. That doesn't mean Wilson can't do that. He's had a QB rating over 100 in both of his firsts two seasons. Manning and Brady can't say that.

It doesn't matter anyhow because it isn't Seattle's game plan to throw, throw, throw. Rich Gannon was kind of teasing Pete Carroll yesterday on a sports talk show. Gannon was asking Carroll if he was concerned that Wilson's number of throws per game has been low in the past month. Carroll laughed and said "Well, When Russell throws 20 times or less per game he is 11-0 so I think he's doing fine."