• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SE Division Death Trap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 3-2 now..just get a point Florida!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday is gonna be pretty nuts..still a chance the Rags could play Ottawa in the 1st round. Thats a crazy hard matchup!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the SE. Marty plays the way he did tonight, and has been for the past month, I like our chances against anybody. Top line has to be better.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top line needs to step up and be a threat....

Finally won at Detroit... DAMN, seriously since 1996???

sh*t

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
after watching tonight i am 100% convinced that anyone who gets florida will have a cakewalk to the 2nd round. that team just reminds me so much of the rangers in 06 they lead all the year fell apart towards the end then just mailed it in come playoff time.

i want the panthers!!!!!!!!!

caps goalie did get hurt toinght though they were down to the 3rd string. not sure how bad the injury is.

lets go hurricanes! come on j mac do something good for this team for once!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Panthers still have the Canes at home on Saturday..but seeing as how the Canes always do something to piss me off I would bet they beat Florida and the Rags lay down against the Caps to give them the division.

Anyone watching the Panthers on NHL Network though knows just how bad of a team they really are..they have 18 OT and SO losses this season. Thats bad. The fact that they might win a division in this league is a joke.

i just noticed the otl and was amazed at that! thats 18 "free" points. compared to the team chasing them washington who only has 8 otl. thats a 10 point swing and the division right there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the rangers would obviously want to face the panthers but a lot has to happen for that to come true. i think they want to avoid the senators who are 3-1 against them this year? they might just be happy with the capitals who i think will beat them.

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Theodore isn't play well right now. First time he's struggled this year. Clemmensen's last 3 games have been very good. Wouldn't be surprised if he got Game 1 in the playoffs in a potential matchup between the two teams.

I really don't care anymore. They made the playoffs. Can't believe it. Feels like they won the Stanley Cup.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags are gonna be in a tough position on Saturday..if Im them I would want to face Florida which means they gotta lose to the Caps and then hope the Canes beat the Panthers.

But if they do that they lose any hope of the Presidents trophy (might not be a bad thing in the big picture but I know some of their fans want that) .. also Lundqvist will most likely be in net against Holtby. Big advantage for NYR.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who wins the tie breaker against the caps and florida if they both finish with 92 points, ei the panthers lose and washington wins? I take it that Washington will be third and panths will be 8th? That would suck... I want the cakewalk, not the Rags... lol

So I guess the only thing set in stone is Pitts vs Cryers in first round.... I am happy with that... one of the tough teams will be gone...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well the devils game is early. If the devils win then a caps win will move them to the 7th and ottawa gets 8th. This is assuming the panthers win or get a point.

So if the rangers let the caps win can come back to haunt them if they get the sens.

Injury to the caps goalie looked bad but I still want the panthers.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So who wins the tie breaker against the caps and florida if they both finish with 92 points, ei the panthers lose and washington wins? I take it that Washington will be third and panths will be 8th? That would suck... I want the cakewalk, not the Rags... lol

So I guess the only thing set in stone is Pitts vs Cryers in first round.... I am happy with that... one of the tough teams will be gone...

Unless I'm wrong, the first tie breaker is ROW. Which the caps have.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I'm wrong, the first tie breaker is ROW. Which the caps have.

I believe you are correct. Injury to the Caps goalie did look bad, I hate those awkward twist/people falling on legs type injuries. Florida looks out of it at the moment and the Caps have been playing better of late. Bottom line is we should beat whichever team it is, if we don't it's because we lost not because they beat us.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are correct. Injury to the Caps goalie did look bad, I hate those awkward twist/people falling on legs type injuries. Florida looks out of it at the moment and the Caps have been playing better of late. Bottom line is we should beat whichever team it is, if we don't it's because we lost not because they beat us.

Agree here. It is our hands and we all know how this team can really play if they give it their all for 60 minutes.
We are def the sleeper team in the east.

Pitts & Philly are going to kill each other, which will knock the wind out of their sail with whomever makes it to round 2.

Then we have Boston who will be a difficult opponent but we can win.

Rags have good d and lundquist is well lundquist but I think they are beatable.

One thing, do we rest players the last game or play them? I'm not sure but feel if any of them have minor knocks, then they should be rested.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If somebody is bruised up, I would rest them tomorrow. Also, I probably wouldnt double shift any of our top players tomorrow.
Rest is common sense I hope. I don't want to see Kovy getting into a fight or anything like that.

As for who we play, agree with posters, I don't think it matters. Goal of our team should be to get to cup, not 2nd round and call it a successful year.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the devils game is early. If the devils win then a caps win will move them to the 7th and ottawa gets 8th. This is assuming the panthers win or get a point.

So if the rangers let the caps win can come back to haunt them if they get the sens.

Injury to the caps goalie looked bad but I still want the panthers.

I meant who wins the tie breaker between Florida and Caps, is it the caps... if Florida loses and caps win, then are the caps in 3rd and florida in 7/8 depending on if we beat Sens or not?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is what happens. panthers get 1pt they get 3rd no matter what happens in any games.

if the panthers lose caps win then the panthers get 8th and the caps get 3rd sens stay at 7

if the panthers get a point or win and the caps win and the sens lose then the sens fall to 8th and the caps take 7th florida 3rd.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree no double shifting please tomorrow. would like to see everyone get equal amounts of ice time.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So many people are falling into the death trap! Anyway, I did the series preview for the Devils/Flyers series two years ago, who's going to do this one?