• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SE Division Death Trap.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been losing sleep over this potential "easy" match up for at least a week. It's such a death trap. I'm sure some people will that that we should crush Florida/Washington, blah, blah, blah. Just by thinking something like that, you yourself, have fallen into THE TRAP. I almost wish this team had to play a team they were afraid of.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will take this team lightly. I don't see them mailing it in the way they did against the Lightning a few years back when Vinny L and St Louis almost beat us by themselves. I think the fact that they have beaten us this year helps our cause because we know what they are capable of. I think we win this series, unless somehow we pass Philly or fall back and Ottawa passes us.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Florida did win the season series against the Devils.

It seems like its either Florida or Pittsburgh so there really isn't any great matchup. The Devils choked the last time they were the 'favorite' against the #3 southeast team in the playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought the series was tied at 2?

anyways, i definitely agree that it could be a deathtrap. Not so much on them but on us and how we approach the game.

It's Carolina all over to me....

But FWIW, it's not vs a Penn team in the first so i'd take it.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Florida won it 2-1-1.

My preseason expectations from this team was making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round. Even if they lose to Florida, it will be what I had expected from the start.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably should call it prediction. IMO, real expectations should be higher than this, at least based on team's potentials.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Devils can't lose this series, but I just think the comparisons to Carolina and other years are silly. The only similarity is that we will face a team from the SE. Florida is a good team. They have 6 less points than us with a game in hand. This isn't like against Carolina where we were significantly better than they were. I don't see us underestimating this team. As I stated in another thread, Florida has a -23 goal differential. That stat comforts me as we head into this series.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget folks, Washington is still a serious possibility to have to play in the first round. They're only 2 points back of Florida (although the Panthers have 1 game in hand). Washington does own the first tiebreaker. AND they still play each other one more time.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not saying the Devils can't lose this series, but I just think the comparisons to Carolina and other years are silly. The only similarity is that we will face a team from the SE. Florida is a good team. They have 6 less points than us with a game in hand. This isn't like against Carolina where we were significantly better than they were. I don't see us underestimating this team. As I stated in another thread, Florida has a -23 goal differential. That stat comforts me as we head into this series.

Its eerily similar. Kevin Weekes was a crapy backup goalie for most of the season but for some reason dominated the Devils. Clemmensen is a crappy backup goalie for the Panthers that for some reason dominates the Devils. Of course they may not play him at all which would be good for the Devs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how some fans might fear Florida but lets get real here..those Hurricane teams were a lot stronger then the Panthers are this year..Cam Ward kills us. Theordore or Clemmenson in all likelyhood wont. If the Panthers win a series against us it will be because the Devs played horrible.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the devils suck against backups in the playoffs. or maybe not backups but just no name goalies.

i really can see them going to clemenson much like carolina did with weekes and he will be lights out. then again thats just my past fears. i think a kovalchuk who has something to prove might be the game changer come playoff time we havent had since 2000.

kovalchuk in that cane series wouldnt have went 7 games. we had mandden and pando out there playing the most mins. i really see the devils ending this in 5 or 6 against the panthers.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be the time for Kovy to elevate his NHL mark by really coming on in the playoffs.... something he's rarely done on limited opportunities....

Could be a fun playoff run for our guys.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully there are no easy matchups this year in the east.

That said I'd rather play Florida than any other playoff team except Washington and while it's still possible for them to go past Florida it ain'y likely

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would def rather play Florida in the first round. What we need is the flyers to win one game and florida to get at least a point... that will make the matchups us against florida and the cryers vs pens in the first... that will eliminate one of them there.... I am all for that... just a win by the flyers (or loss by us) and a point for florida and it will be set....

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boston scares me more than any other team. They stomped the hell out of us this season.

Also, there's an interesting stat that I saw on Fire and Ice the other day, about all these first round losses lately. Pretty much every year, going back to the Carolina 7 game loss, the Devils have lost the season series against the teams that beat us in the first round. The Devils have already lose the series against Florida this season.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Flyers - PLEASE beat whoever you play in the first round. If you are the sixth seed, that means you'll probably be playing the Rangers in the second, and god knows we can't beat them this year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really dont see the rangers getting out of the 1st. if they do it will be in 7.

but yeah i wouldnt mind that matchup in round 2. IF WE MAKE IT

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahahaha I can't believe the panthers might actually blow this! They might not even get into the playoffs! Or how's this....if everything goes how it is so far tonight. devils take 5th flyers get the caps and the rangers end up with the cakewalk panthers! Worst case scenario and watch it happen. Esp since the rangers play the caps the final day of the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers still have the Canes at home on Saturday..but seeing as how the Canes always do something to piss me off I would bet they beat Florida and the Rags lay down against the Caps to give them the division.

Anyone watching the Panthers on NHL Network though knows just how bad of a team they really are..they have 18 OT and SO losses this season. Thats bad. The fact that they might win a division in this league is a joke.