• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Servias is the new manager

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand some uncertainty with the new manager, but after this coming season, we will find out how we rate their Servais.

(Bad joke, I know, but I wanted to get that out of the way before I forget to use it after '16)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting when the Mariners and Angels play. No love lost between Servais and Scioscia.

Add the Weaver-Seager feud and we will have a good ole bean-brawl.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the Weaver-Seager feud and we will have a good ole bean-brawl.

If Weaver's even still in the league. That guy has nothing left. He's throwing softer than Moyer did without the command or filthy changeup.

When your stuff makes Bartolo Colon look like he's still throwing 95, it's time to hang em up.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Weaver's even still in the league. That guy has nothing left. He's throwing softer than Moyer did without the command or filthy changeup.

When your stuff makes Bartolo Colon look like he's still throwing 95, it's time to hang em up.
No kidding... Its shocking how slow he throws. That guy is all used up.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will be back...he has $20M left on his contract for next year...:pound::pound::pound::pound:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We owe him at least seven years, right?
Ha ha. I get what you are saying. But, no. Keeping Jack Z three years too long is not a good excuse for doing the same with DiPoto.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does, courtesy of the current Mariner GM.

Wrong GM.

"The Angels were represented by chairman Dennis Kuhl, president John Carpino, general manager Tony Reagins, assistant general manager Ken Forsch and pitching coach Mike Butcher as well as Scioscia. Club owner Arte Moreno was in New York for Major League Baseball meetings."

Jered Weaver signs five-year extension with Angels

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Less like Jered Weaver, more like Jeff Weaver, ah?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things that seemed to be stressed the most in the Servais/Dipoto pressers were getting on base and outfield defense. Obviously easier said then done but hopefully they are serious about it

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually more excited about this group of misfits than in the more baseball logical hires in the past. I liked what they had to say like the comments you posted. Along with those comments, I like the part about,

"Coaches often use the concept of “competing” in press conferences, but Servais had an interesting take on the popular cliche. He suggested trying hard is not enough, he will require a mental and physical commitment from the Mariners next season. An emphasis on developing the mental side of the game has been a common thread in all of the people Dipoto has hired with Seattle."

The mental breakdowns last year killed me as a fan. Just killed me. I know talk is cheap, but at least they are putting their requirements out there to be accountable to the fans and to the players accountable to management.

The things that seemed to be stressed the most in the Servais/Dipoto pressers were getting on base and outfield defense. Obviously easier said then done but hopefully they are serious about it

Better than Jack's cry of; Hit.More.Homers.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a big fan of "smart" baseball. I absolutely hate the mentality of hitting through a shift. How about be a versatile hitter and get an easy base hit, helping your team immensely, by going the other way. Seager has done a good job with this recently. Gonna give me a huge hole to hit through? Thanks

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a big fan of "smart" baseball. I absolutely hate the mentality of hitting through a shift. How about be a versatile hitter and get an easy base hit, helping your team immensely, by going the other way. Seager has done a good job with this recently. Gonna give me a huge hole to hit through? Thanks

I've never understood why the hell they don't just bunt...I get the whole ego thing but damn, David Ortiz could have an extra 50 hits to his resume if he just laid down a hard bunt.