• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Hall on life support

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one sticks in you.

He was someone who did something the lesser men , like me, can dream about. Conquered his demons and changed his life.

He was Pioneer and a innovator. Those Ladder matches with Shawn, the NWO etc..........

I loved him because he was a good hand who never got his just due

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remember he had the coolest vignettes leading up to his WWF debut. He had some legendary matches and promos. In an era of lame-ass, over the top cartoon/comic book gimmicks, Razor Ramon definitely got over whether he was face or heel. And of course, who could forget his return to WCW in 1996 that kicked off the NWO angle. RIP Scott Hall.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remember he had the coolest vignettes leading up to his WWF debut. He had some legendary matches and promos. In an era of lame-ass, over the top cartoon/comic book gimmicks, Razor Ramon definitely got over whether he was face or heel. And of course, who could forget his return to WCW in 1996 that kicked off the NWO angle. RIP Scott Hall.
I feel like he himself was a lame ass over the top cartoon of Tony Montana that he was able to sculpt into something else.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first saw Scott Hall when he was the Diamond Studd back in WCW. He never left an impression on me back then but really thought that he was really good as Razor Ramon and made it work.
Does anyone know of any matches prior to his first WCW run that are worth seeking out? I haven't ever watched any AWA stuff so don't know much about his run there or anywhere else for that matter.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. Even in retirement, listening to his interviews he was always entertaining. Although I thought this would have happened 10 years ago it's still shitty.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remembered him in his EARLY AWA days when he and Hennig were put together. WAY prior to both Mr Perfect and Razor Ramon.

His turn around through his work w/ DDP was actually quite inspiring. When Hall showed up on DDPs documentary, I was shocked because I was certain that Hall had already left us.

while I no longer follow the sport, I still defend wrestling as real to anyone who ignorantly calls it fake. It is predetermined and somewhat scripted. It is NOT fake. Mick Foley really falls 30 feet onto a table. RVD really jumps 20 feet into the air and lands on his stomach. Sid Eudy really had the most gruesome sports injury I have ever seen.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remembered him in his EARLY AWA days when he and Hennig were put together. WAY prior to both Mr Perfect and Razor Ramon.

His turn around through his work w/ DDP was actually quite inspiring. When Hall showed up on DDPs documentary, I was shocked because I was certain that Hall had already left us.

while I no longer follow the sport, I still defend wrestling as real to anyone who ignorantly calls it fake. It is predetermined and somewhat scripted. It is NOT fake. Mick Foley really falls 30 feet onto a table. RVD really jumps 20 feet into the air and lands on his stomach. Sid Eudy really had the most gruesome sports injury I have ever seen.
they are mostly doing stunts...but the fights are not real...scripted acts where you attempt to look like you are hurting the other person.

so yes, they are "fake" in that sense, but that doesn't make them not athletic.

it's like going to a play and saying "this isn't real"...because it isn't.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit older when the whole WCW NWO came out but I almost enjoyed that era as much as I enjoyed the Hulkamania/Wrestlemania era of the mid 80's. He was one of the best characters of era.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are mostly doing stunts...but the fights are not real...scripted acts where you attempt to look like you are hurting the other person.

so yes, they are "fake" in that sense, but that doesn't make them not athletic.

it's like going to a play and saying "this isn't real"...because it isn't.
I compare it more to gymnastics. No one claims gymnastics is fake.

Reactions: ill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit older when the whole WCW NWO came out but I almost enjoyed that era as much as I enjoyed the Hulkamania/Wrestlemania era of the mid 80's. He was one of the best characters of era.
The Monday Night Wars were epic. DX vs NWO was some of the best entertainment going at the time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by fake they just mean that they aren't really fighting.
Calling it fake is an insult to the incredible athletic feats and insane work these guys go through.

You will never be able to convince e me it is “fake”. It is just very different from other athletic endeavors (I will grant calling it a sport would be a slight stretch, though)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it fake is an insult to the incredible athletic feats and insane work these guys go through.

You will never be able to convince e me it is “fake”. It is just very different from other athletic endeavors (I will grant calling it a sport would be a slight stretch, though)
but it is "fake"

they are not really fighting each other...they are acting and acting is "fake"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it is "fake"

they are not really fighting each other...they are acting and acting is "fake"
And they really are jumping off 30 ft cages causing their teeth to come out of their noses, or off 6 ft turnbuckles shattering their shins.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they really are jumping off 30 ft cages causing their teeth to come out of their noses, or off 6 ft turnbuckles shattering their shins.
again, not saying the stunts aren't real. They are definitely FOR REAL DOING STUFF

but the feuds and the fights are not real

Boxing and MMA is real in that they are really doing those things...but it (hopefully) isn't scripted and therefore not "fake"