• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost’s new slogan apparently

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the narrative is changing. It was originally about Frost inheriting a losing culture. Bo inherited the same losing culture. No you guys are changing it to the NFL talent that was on that 08 team. Well, we don’t know how much NFL talent is on this team yet. I see 5-6 currently with a potential of more with these young guys.

My original point was about everyone, not just on here, talking about the losing culture as if that is a new thing coaches around here have had to deal with.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thought that this was a two year process is clueless. Many here, like myself, were merely looking for improvement of the product on the field. Two games in and I think we have seen that. It's far from a finished product.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Craig Bohl! :lm:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Bo was able to get 9 wins right away, I'm saying he had Senior NFL draft picks that year (4) 2 of which were bookend DE's Carriker and Jay Moore. Plus a young Suh in the middle. That's a big deal. We don't got that. I don't see 5-6 getting drafted this year, I got Morgan and that's it for now, maybe Mick
I recall the 07/08 offenses were not great and the defense kept us in the game often scoring more points than our offense did. The culture of the team hadn't fell off the map at that point

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 years minimum to really get things turned around. I said the same for Riley but he was worse off in year 3 at the start of the year, he didn't have it, Frost does but we don't have the OL. Unfortunately it's a down year so far for HS cornfed instate OL
I predicted we would be lucky to see a bowl this year, at this point it's not even a possibility imo

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know who isn't buying in, call them out on it . Put them on blast. Drive them out.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know who isn't buying in, call them out on it . Put them on blast. Drive them out.
I would hope the captains would step in, in Farmers case he has some splaining to do if he leads by example.
Not having Barry in there at the end might have made the difference in the middle, Honas just wasn't fast enough a few times

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat sticking with the subject.... I've seen a lot of schools losing players this week due to the recent red-shirt 4-game rule. Players deciding to sit out for the rest of the year to red-shirt and transferring after the season is over. I'm wondering how much of that we're going to see after the Purdue game.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat sticking with the subject.... I've seen a lot of schools losing players this week due to the recent red-shirt 4-game rule. Players deciding to sit out for the rest of the year to red-shirt and transferring after the season is over. I'm wondering how much of that we're going to see after the Purdue game.

hopefully a lot

its not like the NFL where we can just start waving people like its Christmas. GTFO if you don't like frost. go play for the San Antonio shitstains…..

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish people would understand that Scott Frost and his staff have only been here for 9 months. During that time he has somehow landed a top 25 recruiting class.

These are the results you get when you are not held accountable in the weight room for 3 years. I love how Tanner farmer has all the sudden found a fire under his ass and now he wants to be this great vocal lleader.Well where the hell was he the past 3 years and then he gets on the mic and he speaks real slow and deliberate like it means something. Go out there and fucking pancake a guy 5 times a game.

These are also the results you get when you don't consistently build depth that quarterback, o-line, Dline. Secondary.
These are the results you get when you have five coaching changes in the last 20 years. And not just coaching changes completely flipping the script every single time you make a coaching change. I don't think the average fan realizes that when HWSNBN was hired Nebraska completely blew up the recruiting pipelines that we had built over the last 40 years in high schools. I also don't think that the average fan realizes that it takes a very long time for High School coaches to become comfortable with new head coaches enough to send their players to play for them. So when you're constantly blowing up and rebuilding inroads with high schools. Your recruiting is going to suffer greatly. It is already hard enough to recruit to Nebraska we don't need the added stress of trying to rebuild the brand with a new offense every four years on average.

HWSNBN possibly being the one outlier with his 1st years recruiting class.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go out there and fucking pancake a guy 5 times a game.

These are the results you get when you have five coaching changes in the last 20 years. .
Pancake isn't a term we have heard for a long, long time, bur then again like you said the in-state "Pipeline" was destroyed.

Isn't the saying every time you hire a new coach it sets the team back so many years - I don't recall how many.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's true. Maybe 3-5 years IMO but I could definitely see more then that.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the really crappy o-line play is the biggest problem. that's why i was real surprised the way Austin was talking when he first came in the door and up until the first game. it's clearly still a huge problem. i really wanted to look at film between Mich/NU and Mich/UCF from SF's first year at each and just check some comparisons between how the O-line played in each game but haven't had time.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem pointing the finger at the players for not hold themselves and eaxhoeach accountable for not lifting.

If you think that all of memorial stadium and 300+ sell outs 3 Heisman winners Outland trophy winners. The list goes on. Was built off "earned days off" you are sadly mistaken. You know when JP and Winstrom had a earned day off? When they retired from the game!