• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheduling quirk

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
We are facing our second consecutive opponent off of their bye week. The Pats are getting healthy and Belecheck (sp) is one of the best game planners in the business and he has an extra week!
I know our offense will play better. Hopefully our D will keep it up.
That was an amazing Defensive performance yesterday. Also There were some key drops by our WRs yesterday that could have made a difference.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that wasn't the Niners best apple either. But to go to Candlestick and beat them after they went to the Super Bowl last season was absolutely huge. The Panthers are gaining confidence and for the Patriots, that's dangerous.:nod:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye weeks can go either way. Statistically, there's not that much difference between how an NFL team performs with/without one. I do think it's a little more significant with the Pats, though, since Gronk and Amendola are going to be closer to 100%.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the schedule, I started wondering which one of the football gods we pissed off to get SF and NE back to back with both coming off bye weeks. I think this game is going to be even tougher than SF. Let's be honest, the Pats have the better offense, just because of Tom Brady. We are close in rushing but they are way ahead in passing. The good news is that, again our D is superior. They are 30th in the league against the run. Which is what our offense does best. And we are better against the pass. This is going to be another game where our Defense has to carry the load. Stuff the run, keep Brady under pressure and force him into mistakes. Then our offense can play smart. Control the tempo with the run, don't make mistakes, and keep their offense off the field. Should be another good one.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
What we have going for us we know we can win.
Also, we should be able to run the ball on the Pats as you guys have pointed out. Another plus is I do not fear their pass rush. Give Cam a little time and we get those great 7 - 8 minute drives.

Then the paranoid side of me says we are due for an Arizona type let down