• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schedules are not all equal

Kingdome fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Arizona has 5 - 11:00 am (their time) starts, Seattle has 5 - 10:00 am (their time) starts and SF has 2 - 10:00 am starts their time. I guess someone in NFL scheduling is betting on San Francisco.

:wtf2:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately teams have to play the schedule they are given, some are harder than others, but that's the way it goes, I guess. Take another look at the schedules and you will find that many of the 49ers "tough" opponents are at home, while Seattles are on the road. Of course when Seattle overcomes the tougher schedule with a better record than the 49ers, it will show how much better they are.

Go Hawks!!!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's a byproduct when a team become relevant on a national level because they tend to wind up with more primetime games. It helps that the 49ers are bigger on a national scale in terms of fans than the Seahawks and Cardinals.

If the Seahawks have another great season they'll more than likely see more primetime games thrown their way as they become more established as a marquee matchup.

It wasn't that long ago that the 49ers were holding the short stick when it came to scheduling like the Cards and Seahawks and I've been saying for years all the 10am start times are crap by the NFL.

So basically the NFL's response to all the 10am start times to teams is to get real good and we'll schedule you more primetime games.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately teams have to play the schedule they are given, some are harder than others, but that's the way it goes, I guess. Take another look at the schedules and you will find that many of the 49ers "tough" opponents are at home, while Seattles are on the road. Of course when Seattle overcomes the tougher schedule with a better record than the 49ers, it will show how much better they are.

Go Hawks!!!

And hey, even if they don't have a better record you will have a pretty good excuse for it ;)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that Arizona has 5 - 11:00 am (their time) starts, Seattle has 5 - 10:00 am (their time) starts and SF has 2 - 10:00 am starts their time. I guess someone in NFL scheduling is betting on San Francisco.

Yeah it's a bunch of BS. Not SFs schedule compared to Seattle's but the fact that the NFL bent over backward for the poor EC teams limiting their west coast trips to 2 (that's 2 max, most teams don't even have that many) per year, but not limiting the amount of 10AM starts that WC teams have on the EC. Way to play favorites NFL.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article from 2011 discussing this exact thing. Apparently Goodell and the NFL didn't care then and still don't care if it is fair or unfair to West Coast teams. The interesting part is the table at the end of the article that shows wins and losses since 2005-2010.

West Coast teams' uphill fight with NFL - NFC West Blog - ESPN

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article from 2011 discussing this exact thing. Apparently Goodell and the NFL didn't care then and still don't care if it is fair or unfair to West Coast teams. The interesting part is the table at the end of the article that shows wins and losses since 2005-2010.

West Coast teams' uphill fight with NFL - NFC West Blog - ESPN

There have been a few similar articles over the years. The problem is that, even if all the west coast teams banded together and protested, the league probably still wouldn't do anything about it because the majority of the teams in the league are east of the pacific timezone and thus aren't impacted by it. Frankly, I'm surprised that the league hasn't tried to move the prime-time games up an hour because east coast fans have to stay up until almost midnight to watch the whole thing sometimes.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that drives me crazy is when a team like the Patriots gets the late slot for their home games because its the CBS "prime time slot." Here is an example
10/13 vs New Oreleans 4:25 ET
11/3 vs Pittsburgh 4:25 ET
12/1 @ Houston 4:25 ET

Seattle also plays @ Houston but plays in the 1 ET slot but when New England plays them its at 4:25 ET. How does that work? Every week at least one or two games on the east coast get the later slot and its too bad the NFL doesnt do a better job of making sure that one west coast teams playing east gets one of those slots.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to sound like an ASS, but if you did just a little bit of fact checking you'd find out that 90% of Arizona doesn't switch times for DST. In the summer they are on Pacific time and in the winter they are on Mountain. Therefore their 11:00 is your 10:00. Same thing goes for 90% of Indiana.

FYI all games are based off of east coast times for TV. Has noting to do with favoritism.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where your complaint should be is why do any of the West Coast teams play a 10am game. The 1:00 PM game is when you should be kicking off.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
49ers travel more than any team in the NFL this year. It is what it is.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's life. We have 4 primetime games which is sweet. Of the 4, 3 were going to be late starts regardless. It would've been nice if 3 of the 4 were going to be early but oh well.

Of the final 11 games, we only have 2 scheduled early starts and one is at Atlanta that can't be flexed.
In week 15, we have an early start at NY but that has solid 4:15 flex since FOX only has 1 scheduled game. If our @ NYG game gets flexed, we'll have 11 of our final 12 games at normal biorhythm or later time.

SF has a more favorable schedule with their difficult games at home while we have our more difficult games on the road but over time, it evens out. Last year, we had the tough games at home.

Either way, if we want to become the bullies on the block we're going to have to go through SF and beat them twice. They are NFCW and NFC champs. I'm not sure splitting with them will get it done.

Week 2 is a must game, obviously and then it will come down to game #13 which will be for the division which we will have to show we're capable of going on the road and beating SF. Bare with the "ifs" here but it relates to having to knock out the bully to become the bully. Don't want to discount Rams here but for this, I am.

Go 2-0 vs San Fran. Go 10-4 vs the rest of our schedule. That would force SF to go 13-1 vs the rest of their schedule to win the division.

Go 2-0 vs San Fran. Go 9-5 vs the rest of our schedule. That forces SF to go 12-2 vs the rest of their schedule to win the division.

If we are a SB winning caliber team, taking 2 from SF is imperative to getting a guaranteed home field game and possibly more. Splitting leaves too many variables in play for my liking.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is problem of our own making. Early starts suck, but the reason everyone keeps bringing it up is because the Seahawks specifically have come out flat on the road consistently for the last few years. I think the caliber of the team had something to do with. Before we got rolling at the midway point last year we just weren't a very good offensive football team and needed HFA to beat a decent team. Hopefully those days are over. These guys are professional athletes. They should be able to handle starting 3 hours earlier and beat the teams they're supposed to beat. How hard is it to try to adjust your sleep schedule starting Friday so you don't look so cansado come Sunday? Ant it isn't like they're traveling to Beijing or something.

flight104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think the Seahawks had a tougher schedule than the 49ers because the Seahawks play all the playoff caliber teams away and the 49ers play those same teams at home, but after the off season and watching both teams in preseason, I now know that the 49ers have the tougher schedule. They have to play the Seahawks twice.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this is a silly thing to complain about. 4:15 ET(/1:15 PT) games are a step down from prime time, and the better teams get showcased, because that is what sells. If you want a later schedule win the games you are given.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those early kickoffs are nothing a couple pre game adderall wouldn't take care of. ;)

Just kidding of course. You guys got hosed on scheduling, but you are good enough to overcome it. No need to fret.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this is a silly thing to complain about. 4:15 ET(/1:15 PT) games are a step down from prime time, and the better teams get showcased, because that is what sells. If you want a later schedule win the games you are given.

Yeah sure thing, slick! It was your Pats that whined and cried to the NFL about having to go to the west coast too often. And they get their way? Let them make 4 trips to the west coast a year and see if it's still silly then.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sure thing, slick! It was your Pats that whined and cried to the NFL about having to go to the west coast too often. And they get their way? Let them make 4 trips to the west coast a year and see if it's still silly then.

Seriously. We've been force fed Patriots hype for years and he's saying just win games. Maybe going 18-1 the wrong way will get us more prime time slots.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's life. We have 4 primetime games which is sweet. Of the 4, 3 were going to be late starts regardless. It would've been nice if 3 of the 4 were going to be early but oh well.

Of the final 11 games, we only have 2 scheduled early starts and one is at Atlanta that can't be flexed.
In week 15, we have an early start at NY but that has solid 4:15 flex since FOX only has 1 scheduled game. If our @ NYG game gets flexed, we'll have 11 of our final 12 games at normal biorhythm or later time.

SF has a more favorable schedule with their difficult games at home while we have our more difficult games on the road but over time, it evens out. Last year, we had the tough games at home.

Either way, if we want to become the bullies on the block we're going to have to go through SF and beat them twice. They are NFCW and NFC champs. I'm not sure splitting with them will get it done.

Week 2 is a must game, obviously and then it will come down to game #13 which will be for the division which we will have to show we're capable of going on the road and beating SF. Bare with the "ifs" here but it relates to having to knock out the bully to become the bully. Don't want to discount Rams here but for this, I am.

Go 2-0 vs San Fran. Go 10-4 vs the rest of our schedule. That would force SF to go 13-1 vs the rest of their schedule to win the division.

Go 2-0 vs San Fran. Go 9-5 vs the rest of our schedule. That forces SF to go 12-2 vs the rest of their schedule to win the division.

If we are a SB winning caliber team, taking 2 from SF is imperative to getting a guaranteed home field game and possibly more. Splitting leaves too many variables in play for my liking.

1 down 1 to go. A ton of football left until game 13 but it was imperative to win last night.

10 more games until the rematch but wanted to keep Hawk goals in front of us. 10-4 including a win in SF should give us the division. Every Sunday/Monday/Thursday, I will expect to win.

Seems unlikely but that is how I feel about our squad.

I'm already looking forward to going to Houston where we force Schaub into picks w ET to the house.

With Gus Bradley coming to town, PC won't bury 'em but won't let us look past them and onto Houston like I Am.:suds: