• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scenario for CLE & CIN Trade?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati is basically done this season after their miserable start. Cleveland just lost their #1 WR in Beckham for the year, a year in which they are looking like a potential playoff contender. Cleveland is also looking at discontent with their young TE Njoku. A suggested trade between Cincinnati and Cleveland (not rumored anywhere, just thinking out loud):

Cincinnati Trades WR AJ Green to Cleveland for TE Njoku and a 6th round pick.

Cleveland gets their #1 WR for the season now that Green is coming out of his season funk and getting back to the AJ of before, minus the top end speed.

Cincinnati gets a young former top TE prospect that has struggled to get his feet under him in th e NFL and has had a lot of playing time removed from him because of Austin Hooper and Harrison. AJ is only signed through this year as well, so he doesn't present long term monetary issues for Cleveland outside this year, but is a top WR talent, so a pot sweetener of a 6th round pick.

Plus, Cleveland and Cincinnati are done playing for this year, so they don't have to have former player drama in games for the remainder of the season.

Thoughts?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does the Browns need another WR? True they lost their #1 guy, but they do just fine without him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Cincy throws in a mid round pick this more reasonable but still not worth it imo. Njoku when healthy is a nice option to have on the field and very athletic AND most importantly he is still on his rookie contract for two more years (2020 - $3M, 2021 - $6M). AJ Green is only on a one year deal but he is still over the hill. I would say Higgins and DPJ are better and cheaper options at this point and have chemistry with Baker now. Plus always that injury concern with Green. Seems like the Browns are giving up too much, there are better, cheaper options out there imo.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would want green? He can't stay on the field

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Cincy throws in a mid round pick this more reasonable but still not worth it imo. Njoku when healthy is a nice option to have on the field and very athletic AND most importantly he is still on his rookie contract for two more years (2020 - $3M, 2021 - $6M). AJ Green is only on a one year deal but he is still over the hill. I would say Higgins and DPJ are better and cheaper options at this point and have chemistry with Baker now. Plus always that injury concern with Green. Seems like the Browns are giving up too much, there are better, cheaper options out there imo.
True, I think Landry is the better of the two players at this time in their given careers, but Green is starting to look like the Green of old minus the top end speed. Could be a very good possession type receiver especially since Cleveland had 3 active WR's on the roster last week once Beckham went down.

Njoku has expressed displeasure with his playing time, has vocally requested a trade and there is turmoil there. He has also been a disappointment in Cleveland up to this point. AJ is a #1 type of WR, he is just at the downside of his career. Yes, always a chance of a injury with him, but you are playing for a playoff spot and hoping to go beyond that first game as well. There are younger WR's out there, and some with better overall upside than Green perhaps. Will Fuller comes to mind. However, I also see him being more expensive to acquire and he is also on the last year of his contract. I have seen rumors of Adam Thielen from Minnesota, but I really don't think Minnesota will trade him as he is a fan favorite.

So there are indeed options for Cleveland, but it also jettisons a player that has shown dissatisfaction on the organization, while acquiring a player that fills their biggest need at this point with a big time career in his rear view mirror yes, but still has some talent to draw from and experience within the division and its defenses.

Just thoughts to think about.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would want green? He can't stay on the field
He has played in all 7 games this year. Granted, he did get a little dinged up in one game and had to sit out the second half. He also had a slow start. New QB, basically had the last two years off due to injury, and trying to get his legs back under himself with no regular training camp and preseason. He has started coming out of that the last two weeks. Started really producing and helping his offense and Burrow. Could be the right time for a playoff contender to buy low on the last half of the year on AJ Green who is in need of a WR.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I think Landry is the better of the two players at this time in their given careers, but Green is starting to look like the Green of old minus the top end speed. Could be a very good possession type receiver especially since Cleveland had 3 active WR's on the roster last week once Beckham went down.

Njoku has expressed displeasure with his playing time, has vocally requested a trade and there is turmoil there. He has also been a disappointment in Cleveland up to this point. AJ is a #1 type of WR, he is just at the downside of his career. Yes, always a chance of a injury with him, but you are playing for a playoff spot and hoping to go beyond that first game as well. There are younger WR's out there, and some with better overall upside than Green perhaps. Will Fuller comes to mind. However, I also see him being more expensive to acquire and he is also on the last year of his contract. I have seen rumors of Adam Thielen from Minnesota, but I really don't think Minnesota will trade him as he is a fan favorite.

So there are indeed options for Cleveland, but it also jettisons a player that has shown dissatisfaction on the organization, while acquiring a player that fills their biggest need at this point with a big time career in his rear view mirror yes, but still has some talent to draw from and experience within the division and its defenses.

Just thoughts to think about.

He might be getting closer to old form but still an injury risk. Giving up Njoku...with injuries, CoVid, etc. you need depth in this league. The Browns need depth at the TE position, it's a key for them. Plenty of WR options available that are cheaper and they give up less. IDK just doesn't seem like a Browns move at this point.

Yeah it would take even more to get Thielen but I feel he is a much better WR than Green so it makes sense. I don't see him getting traded either.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has played in all 7 games this year. Granted, he did get a little dinged up in one game and had to sit out the second half. He also had a slow start. New QB, basically had the last two years off due to injury, and trying to get his legs back under himself with no regular training camp and preseason. He has started coming out of that the last two weeks. Started really producing and helping his offense and Burrow. Could be the right time for a playoff contender to buy low on the last half of the year on AJ Green who is in need of a WR.

7 th round pick at best. Anyone who gives more than that is going to regret it

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be getting closer to old form but still an injury risk. Giving up Njoku...with injuries, CoVid, etc. you need depth in this league. The Browns need depth at the TE position, it's a key for them. Plenty of WR options available that are cheaper and they give up less. IDK just doesn't seem like a Browns move at this point.

Yeah it would take even more to get Thielen but I feel he is a much better WR than Green so it makes sense. I don't see him getting traded either.

Would love a Thielen trade. Would harpoon OBJ's trade value though. They'd basically have to give him away.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love a Thielen trade. Would harpoon OBJ's trade value though. They'd basically have to give him away.

Potential out next year if something were to happen to Thielen. Would you give up a 2nd for Thielen?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on the AJ/Cle deal if I were Cleveland. Maybe if the TE absolutely wanted out of Cleveland and was pulling a Dunlap, but he's not (at least not that I can see/tell). Cin would also have to pay a good chunk of the remaining money on AJ - you're not getting a #1 - you're getting a #2/3 that has almost no back end speed. He's a possession slot guy at this point.

As for OBJ - his trade value is already shot with his knee injury, and quite frankly, he's not been the same guy he was 3-4+ years ago, either. Not sure I'd trade for him if I were any other team.