• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney for Breach of Contract Over Black Widow Release

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this story even a thing?
A rich ass woman is suing a rich ass company about her contract and people are acting like its dooms day or something.
rich people have rights to earn money too

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rich people have rights to earn money too
I didn't say anything against that. Why do people do that. They take a question and create their own interpretation and come back with an asinine statement of their own. Why do you care that she is suing Disney, maybe that would be an easier question for you.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the bottom line, imho.

Her contract specifically stated the movie would be exclusively released in theaters. Period. Her compensation was tied to that fact.

No matter the situation, if Disney is to not exclusively release it in theaters, they have to address ScarJo’s contract. That did not happen. Now they have to deal with the fact they are in breach of contract.

How much she has made to this point is 100% immaterial.
BOOM

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this story even a thing?
A rich ass woman is suing a rich ass company about her contract and people are acting like its dooms day or something.
First…

No one is acting like this is a doomsday event. It is just a pop culture event that people bored at work are wasting time talking about.

Second…

So if some one (or a company) is rich, they shouldn’t fight to defend what was previously agreed upon? If they do that, they won’t be rich for very long.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really can't go into court saying that they didn't fully comply with the contract and expect to fight it now can they?
Yes they can. Disney stated they lived up to the terms of the contract. If they did I would think the Disney lawyers are confident in that. She is making a claim that does not appear to be accurate

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they can. Disney stated they lived up to the terms of the contract. If they did I would think the Disney lawyers are confident in that. She is making a claim that does not appear to be accurate
Please explain.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch that garbage?

I saw a few episodes while holed up in the hospital a few weeks ago. You should watch it. Pretty funny when the guy tried explaining to his doctor why he failed to lose a bunch of weight and said something along the lines of “When I eat chicken breasts I don’t eat just one I eat like four.” and the doc just looks at him like “Dude, you aren’t 600 fucking pounds because you eat too many chicken breasts.”

:pound::pound::pound:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss Johansson states that they did not fulfil their agreement. I am sure Disney and their lawyers are confident they can afford to not abide by contracts. It appears as though Disney is not being truthful.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a few episodes while holed up in the hospital a few weeks ago. You should watch it. Pretty funny when the guy tried explaining to his doctor why he failed to lose a bunch of weight and said something along the lines of “When I eat chicken breasts I don’t eat just one I eat like four.” and the doc just looks at him like “Dude, you aren’t 600 fucking pounds because you eat too many chicken breasts.”

:pound::pound::pound:
every time i try to watch that show, i immediately cringe to the point where I HAVE to change the channel lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every time i try to watch that show, i immediately cringe to the point where I HAVE to change the channel lol

At one point the dude threw all of his Eggo waffles, Froot Loops and candy into a fire. Then he went to do karate alone at night in a dojo where he just sat on a stool and slapped a punching bag around. It was crazy. The whole time I’m thinking “I can’t wait to see what this dude looks like at the end.” and in the end he just stayed enormously fat and the show just ended.

Reminded me of that show Intervention where you get all invested in it - the person goes to rehab and you’re like “oh man good for them” then the show ends and they’re like “Ya Paul died in rehab 40 days after this show you just watched for a full hour aired.”

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point the dude threw all of his Eggo waffles, Froot Loops and candy into a fire. Then he went to do karate alone at night in a dojo where he just sat on a stool and slapped a punching bag around. It was crazy. The whole time I’m thinking “I can’t wait to see what this dude looks like at the end.” and in the end he just stayed enormously fat and the show just ended.

Reminded me of that show Intervention where you get all invested in it - the person goes to rehab and you’re like “oh man good for them” then the show ends and they’re like “Ya Paul died in rehab 40 days after this show you just watched for a full hour aired.”
I mean, shit, dude...you weigh 600+ lbs, the feeling of "where do I even begin??".. has gotta be so overwhelming...but then again, to be able to get THAT big in the first place, is just unfathomable to me...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, shit, dude...you weigh 600+ lbs, the feeling of "where do I even begin??".. has gotta be so overwhelming...but then again, to be able to get THAT big in the first place, is just unfathomable to me...

This is why the show exists. It’s great drama. You’re constantly torn between feeling sorry for the guy and feeling sorry for his wife/the docs etc...everybody trying help him.

You cheer the guy on to beat it then get mad at him when he won’t do his part.

A lot of these guys just want “the surgery” and really have no motivation to eat right and exercise.