• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday, July 13th Conversation:Dbacks vs. Brewers

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how hard is it to put in ziegler gibby....
fucking idiot
should have been closing a month ago

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BP gives up zero runs two days in a row? Unbelievable!!!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might just make a fake facebook to comment on the boards on espn. But I will use sports SportsHoopla for forums.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BP gives up zero runs two days in a row? Unbelievable!!!

I know I may be in the minority here, but I really don't want them to trade much of value for a bullpen arm......

I know they've sucked ass most of the season, but I think the talent is there.....biggest question is Bell and Putz and age, but are you going to release them? Before the season started I would argue with anyone that we have one of the best bullpens in the league......granted, they have performed to be one of the worst at the break, but with bullpens, it's such a small sample size in innings pitched. That's why bullpens are so damn hard to predict what they will do......for me, the biggest disappointment so far has been with Hernandez......I've been telling everyone he's the best pitcher in the pen (and I still think he is) but how the hell is he giving up gopher homerun balls so damn often?? :noidea:

SnakePhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might just make a fake facebook to comment on the boards on espn. But I will use sports SportsHoopla for forums.
Is it hard to make a fake one? Can you use usernames or do you have to make up fake "real" names?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: 50 games before the all star break. That other stat makes us seem like the cubs or Astros!

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it hard to make a fake one? Can you use usernames or do you have to make up fake "real" names?

Not hard at all. I have a "fake" account on facebook, if you wanna call it that. I needed the account to sign up for free stuff & watch UFC events a few years back. It's my only account. If you see Marvin Marshall commenting anywhere, it's me.

SnakePhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hard at all. I have a "fake" account on facebook, if you wanna call it that. I needed the account to sign up for free stuff & watch UFC events a few years back. It's my only account. If you see Marvin Marshall commenting anywhere, it's me.
good to know.. Thx!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time the dbacks have won 50 games since 2003! Great job, boys!

Correction: 50 games before the all star break. That other stat makes us seem like the cubs or Astros!

LOL....was gonna say I drink a lot, but thought we've not sucked so bad as your first comment would lead one to believe.....good correction, sir!!!

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've done the same. I've had an alter ego for some time for testing and other stuff and it was easy to just use it for that purpose. Fact is I abandoned my original account on ESPN more than a week ago and setup using the new linked about already (this uses the same username).

However, I am not convinced that the new ESPN is going to be what it is today and might end up being more Facebook like. A bunch of extra crap without the basic features that made the current system usable.

So... after looking around and not really seeing anything out there I really care for, I've decided for fun to build my own chat system. I've created, managed, hosted Forum based systems since before they were called forums (BBS's). I have also created some one on one chat systems in the past but not really what I have in mind.

Will see what the ESPN stuff turns into before putting too much time in on it, but I am pretty sure the new system will be lacking some of the features the old system currently has. I can also think of a number of simple improvements that have been lacking from the current system as well.

It will start out pretty simple, but once I get the basics done it will be easy to expand it to add more of the common features that I would expect and suspect others would want to see. Really simple stuff like Ignore, dislike/thumbs down etc...

I have enlisted my Son who is a game designer in helping me with it and should have something in a week or so or maybe even earlier. I've already done some experimenting and found a great communications platform for publishing the data to many devices so eventually it will work with not only common browsers but also tablets and smart phones something none of the other systems really do well at now. The ability to pop into the system with different devices based on where you are and what you are doing seems like a basic thing to do now days.

Will send out some invites to play with it as soon as I get the basic system up and running.

Might not go anywhere, but then again... who knows.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done the same. I've had an alter ego for some time for testing and other stuff and it was easy to just use it for that purpose. Fact is I abandoned my original account on ESPN more than a week ago and setup using the new linked about already (this uses the same username).

However, I am not convinced that the new ESPN is going to be what it is today and might end up being more Facebook like. A bunch of extra crap without the basic features that made the current system usable.

So... after looking around and not really seeing anything out there I really care for, I've decided for fun to build my own chat system. I've created, managed, hosted Forum based systems since before they were called forums (BBS's). I have also created some one on one chat systems in the past but not really what I have in mind.

Will see what the ESPN stuff turns into before putting too much time in on it, but I am pretty sure the new system will be lacking some of the features the old system currently has. I can also think of a number of simple improvements that have been lacking from the current system as well.

It will start out pretty simple, but once I get the basics done it will be easy to expand it to add more of the common features that I would expect and suspect others would want to see. Really simple stuff like Ignore, dislike/thumbs down etc...

I have enlisted my Son who is a game designer in helping me with it and should have something in a week or so or maybe even earlier. I've already done some experimenting and found a great communications platform for publishing the data to many devices so eventually it will work with not only common browsers but also tablets and smart phones something none of the other systems really do well at now. The ability to pop into the system with different devices based on where you are and what you are doing seems like a basic thing to do now days.

Will send out some invites to play with it as soon as I get the basic system up and running.

Might not go anywhere, but then again... who knows.

Sounds awesome... keep me posted on this. I'll definitely look into it.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds awesome... keep me posted on this. I'll definitely look into it.

This is definitely interesting. If you could have it similar to ESPN's game boards & add in an ignore button, thumbs up/down, edit/delete, & collapse comment. Also, could you manage to incorporate a twitter feed into as well? I don't use twitter but I do enjoy getting live updates to the Dbacks & their beat writers twitter feed.

I know, I ask for a lot...

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dweeber I know you were already kind of telling me about this but my response is the same, doooo it! :D