• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sark back to Bama as OC?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Enos is better because of what he accomplished at Arkansas. Sadly Enos just strikes a cord with me because he is a power football schemer who uses power sets and finds ways to attack through the air.

Sark definitely has a longer history of success but how much of that is due to him being in the PAC 12? Still think he is a solid coordinator, just felt like Enos’ style fits what Alabama wants to do.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read from someone who knows way more about the X's and O's than I do that Matt Ryan had trouble with RPO's. No clue if it's true or not, but Tua runs them pretty good.

I see a good bit of Alabama fans losing their shit and I think it's pretty dumb.
Yea no one should be losing their minds. Hell, LSU fans will take him if yall don’t want him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Enos is better because of what he accomplished at Arkansas. Sadly Enos just strikes a cord with me because he is a power football schemer who uses power sets and finds ways to attack through the air.

Sark definitely has a longer history of success but how much of that is due to him being in the PAC 12? Still think he is a solid coordinator, just felt like Enos’ style fits what Alabama wants to do.

I'm not a big fan of RPO's and that whole style of offense, but Saban wants that according to insiders, so that's what we're gonna get.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of RPO's and that whole style of offense, but Saban wants that according to insiders, so that's what we're gonna get.
Agreed. I’ve always said the same thing, that I like power football. Hell I coach middle school and want to be power football team but I mostly run spread because it’s what needs to be done. Nick’s always changed with the times, that’s why he is successful. Hence why as a fan of LSU it ticks me off when all these teams are changing offensively including the best coach of our generation changing to a style of offense he fought against.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about the RPO you don't care for? It's pretty much mandatory to use if you have even a remotely athletic QB because of the numbers game. As long as college still allows linemen to go 3y upfield on a passing play, there really is no reason to not like what it brings. Because of the plays you can setup out of it you can freeze the LB's and safeties keeping them from jumping routes and plays.

I'm not a huge fan of using it much at the pro level since they can only go 1y upfield on pass plays which removes a ton of true options. But at the college level? I'd love to see UW running more of it next year if it's either Eason or Yankoff that end up starting.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read from someone who knows way more about the X's and O's than I do that Matt Ryan had trouble with RPO's. No clue if it's true or not, but Tua runs them pretty good.

I see a good bit of Alabama fans losing their shit and I think it's pretty dumb.

I’m good with Sark, Petrino, or Long. I WOULD like to have someone for a couple of years. The carousel is getting old.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean obviously it requires a QB that can make the right reads out of it and is capable of making the downfield throws that really make it deadly, but still.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about the RPO you don't care for? It's pretty much mandatory to use if you have even a remotely athletic QB because of the numbers game. As long as college still allows linemen to go 3y upfield on a passing play, there really is no reason to not like what it brings. Because of the plays you can setup out of it you can freeze the LB's and safeties keeping them from jumping routes and plays.

I'm not a huge fan of using it much at the pro level since they can only go 1y upfield on pass plays which removes a ton of true options. But at the college level? I'd love to see UW running more of it next year if it's either Eason or Yankoff that end up starting.

I understand why it's here and will stay, I just don't like the style of football etc. I'd love to see some NFL rules.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fun to give Sark shit since he was only the OC for 1 game and we lost. But in reality, he put us in the lead on our last true possession, and he did it with what is now our backup QB. Clemson's defense was not better that year statistically, or really any other way. It was a bunch of shitty and terrible play calling this year.

We sure as hell didn't only score 16 points and get shut out the 2nd half with a much better QB and offense in general.

The biggest worry is that he won't run the ball enough.

Overall I'm glad to see Saban kind of said "Fuck these internal promotions" since we still lose them anyway. I didn't feel or think Locksley was a great hire to start with. It was pretty obvious to me and most Alabama fans that we promoted him and also Tosh to higher positions in the hopes they would stay a few years rather than having to replace them every single year like lately mostly because they recruited well.

Good hire to me.

Yeah, all jokes aside. Sarks failures have been as a head coach. Not as an OC.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have the right QB, it can be a great weapon in the arsenal.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why it's here and will stay, I just don't like the style of football etc. I'd love to see some NFL rules.
I'm in favor of anything that requires a QB to think and gives them the tools to punish mistakes by the defense. I do think there are a lot of teams running RPO that probably shouldn't be, but bama has a QB that can run and pass and has made good decisions off the snap.

The Seahawks run some RPO and it's kind of boring. Even if it produces a first down it's not very sexy. The 1y upfield lineman rule means you can't have a version that develops into an intermediate to deep route unless it's a busted scramble play.

The college game just allows those deep throws out of it and can still keep it exciting. Not to mention how much of a huge platform it is with any sort of hurry up offense because you can crash the line quickly with the same play call and run either out of it.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in favor of anything that requires a QB to think and gives them the tools to punish mistakes by the defense. I do think there are a lot of teams running RPO that probably shouldn't be, but bama has a QB that can run and pass and has made good decisions off the snap.

The Seahawks run some RPO and it's kind of boring. Even if it produces a first down it's not very sexy. The 1y upfield lineman rule means you can't have a version that develops into an intermediate to deep route unless it's a busted scramble play.

The college game just allows those deep throws out of it and can still keep it exciting. Not to mention how much of a huge platform it is with any sort of hurry up offense because you can crash the line quickly with the same play call and run either out of it.

It can put a LOT of pressure on a defense. At that point, you can run predetermined “option” plays that force the D to respect the possibilities.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's too much of an offensive advantage. I'm not opposed to Saban taking advantage of the rules, far from it. But I would prefer the NFL rule on this one.

It seems more like it takes mistakes from the offense to prevent it from working rather than the other way around.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too much of an offensive advantage. I'm not opposed to Saban taking advantage of the rules, far from it. But I would prefer the NFL rule on this one.

It seems more like it takes mistakes from the offense to prevent it from working rather than the other way around.
I mean if you have the talent Saban does sure, but there are all kinds of mistakes average college teams make out of it.

The only real difference with the pros is that lack of ability to setup longer developing plays out of it.

If it's defensive battles you are missing, I'm afraid that ship has sailed and there really is no turning back. The targeting and defenseless player rules along with PI at times for just brushing up against a WR have made low scoring games a thing of the past.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's defensive battles you are missing, I'm afraid that ship has sailed and there really is no turning back. The targeting and defenseless player rules along with PI at times for just brushing up against a WR have made low scoring games a thing of the past.

tenor.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Clemson for going back to back.
Back-to-back what?
Last season Alabama beat Clemson in the 1st round.
Right now the two of them are playing leap frog;

Alabama
then Clemson
then Alabama
then Clemson

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good with Sark, Petrino, or Long. I WOULD like to have someone for a couple of years. The carousel is getting old.
To me neither Petrino or Sark seem to be a hire for stability. They both jump around a lot in their careers. They will always be looking for their next job. To me Saban is probably looking for a guy that will coach 2 years because I think his coaching career will be over soon because of his age. But we will see.