• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sando And Williamson Rank NFC West by Position

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like they didn't even consider backups and as expected they feel Kaepernick will be better long-term but Wilson has more experience. I'm starting to hate that word. Oh well. Williamson also indirectly questions Kaep's passing in the pocket - another reason I don't like Williamson - just because Kaep can run does not mean he suffers or lacks in comparison to Wilson in passing.

West QB ranks: Debate from top to bottom - NFC West Blog

Williamson is a pretty big Kaepernick homer so I don't think he feels that passing in the pocket will be an issue for long.

Kaepernick got strong in the pocket as time went on and I think with a full offseason and 1st team reps it'll be guns blazing when the season starts.

Now that I think about it the speed of Kap's progress is quite impressive. I recall being disappointed last preseason in him for not pushing Alex Smith harder for the starting job and being more polished than what he showed but from that time and the time of the first Rams game till the SB his growth has been amazing really.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Williamson is a pretty big Kaepernick homer so I don't think he feels that passing in the pocket will be an issue for long.

Kaepernick got strong in the pocket as time went on and I think with a full offseason and 1st team reps it'll be guns blazing when the season starts.

Now that I think about it the speed of Kap's progress is quite impressive. I recall being disappointed last preseason in him for not pushing Alex Smith harder for the starting job and being more polished than what he showed but from that time and the time of the first Rams game till the SB his growth has been amazing really.

There is only so much you can learn from the sidelines. Sometimes a guy just has to be thrown into the fire and things will start to click.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haven't gotten through this one, but this struck me:

I didn’t penalize the Seahawks in the rankings for Clemons' injury. He is still a really good player who will factor in at some point.

Compare that with this from the WR thread:

I'm not sure Mario Manningham even counts.

So two players, effectively with the same injury, except Clemons' was later and he plays a contact position, and you don't penalize one of the, but don't count the other at all? That seems more than a little silly. There's little doubt Clemons is comparatively better than Manningham, but Manningham is a good third receiver. More significantly for this conversation, it's likely that neither will play more than half a season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haven't gotten through this one, but this struck me:

I didn’t penalize the Seahawks in the rankings for Clemons' injury. He is still a really good player who will factor in at some point.

Compare that with this from the WR thread:

I'm not sure Mario Manningham even counts.

So two players, effectively with the same injury, except Clemons' was later and he plays a contact position, and you don't penalize one of the, but don't count the other at all? That seems more than a little silly. There's little doubt Clemons is comparatively better than Manningham, but Manningham is a good third receiver. More significantly for this conversation, it's likely that neither will play more than half a season.

For that matter, Manningham is almost five years younger.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like posting them all, but they have similar ones on TE, DL, OL, etc. on the NFC West Blog right now. Obviously, the later you click on this the farther down it'll be until it's on a new page. I'm having trouble putting my saved page on here and I don't really care.