• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sando And Williamson Rank NFC West by Position

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, I would take our running backs, Gore, Hunter, James, and Miller over Lynch, Turbin and Mrob.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The reaction Culliver received as a result of his gay bashing likely affected his play. He wouldn't be human if that week and all the turbulence it involved didn't affect him. I'm not saying that's the only reason for his struggles, but I don't think it's entirely coincidental that he had his worst game of the year by far on the heels of that week.

I'm mostly just giving you shit on this one. Obviously Peterson is better than Culliver, though I'm not sure I'd take him right now over Sherman - I might if we're talking careers from here on as Sherman already lacks top recovery speed. I just find it kind of funny that you'll excuse several bad performances by Peterson as one of those things that "just happens" given your view of Culliver.

C'mon sick. C'mon man. Really?

He deserves it. He makes plays. He catches, interceptions, scores touchdowns, and has may deflections/pass breakups. He literraly shuts his men down (he has his glitches with Crabtree). So when he gets beatup by Crabtree, one should then be somewhat more lenient towards his bad play for a given game. For someone who plays limited snaps, Culliver gets exposed way too much to warrant the same type of treatment. Last year I wasn't hard on him even though he played bad (he was a rookie, I don't pick on rookies). We were dominating the Saints in the playoffs game until Coltston made Cully look like a b*tch and that was how the momentum of the game started to switch in the Saints favor - but I never bashed Culliver for it. Believe it or not, Culliver has not made any strides from year 1 to year 2. It's just that coaches put him in stiuation that would limit his flaws as a corner. Unfortunately, there's only so much a coach (scheme wise) can do to limit one's deficiencies.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have a very underrated player in Jerraud Powers. I believe they also signed Antoine Cason as well who's a very good slot corner. Cason had somewhat of a bad year, but years past he had shown promise. He belongs in the slot IMO. Last year, their unit basically outplayed our unit. BTW, please refrain from using Cully's name in any conversation we have with regard to the cornerback position. You just made me puke!

Cason was drafted with partial intention to play the slot but hasn't played more than 30 snaps in the slot in a single season since 2009 because he struggled there for the Chargers. Donald Strickland (former Niner), Dante Hughes and Marcus Gilchrist all played the slot for them since Cason was benched.

I would expect Jerraud Powers to line up in the slot the most this season but I could be wrong. It's possible Cason could or very well may be able to handle the slot better in Arizona than he did in San Diego because it's a new system, but right now I'm not real concerned about it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
C'mon sick. C'mon man. Really?

He deserves it. He makes plays. He catches, interceptions, scores touchdowns, and has may deflections/pass breakups. He literraly shuts his men down (he has his glitches with Crabtree). So when he gets beatup by Crabtree, one should then be somewhat more lenient towards his bad play for a given game. For someone who plays limited snaps, Culliver gets exposed way too much to warrant the same type of treatment. Last year I wasn't hard on him even though he played bad (he was a rookie, I don't pick on rookies). We were dominating the Saints in the playoffs game until Coltston made Cully look like a b*tch and that was how the momentum of the game started to switch in the Saints favor - but I never bashed Culliver for it. Believe it or not, Culliver has not made any strides from year 1 to year 2. It's just that coaches put him in stiuation that would limit his flaws as a corner. Unfortunately, there's only so much a coach (scheme wise) can do to limit one's deficiencies.

First, I'm Crimson, not Sick. I always confuse you and Sick myself, though, so no hard feelings there. And again, I primarily posted that to get your goat. That said, I think you have a tendency to see what you want to when viewing certain players.

Since you bring up the Saints game, I feel inclined to point out that your statement above only serves to reveal just how ridiculous your bias is when it comes to Culliver.

First, the TD pass to Colston that you are presumably referring to occurred about five minutes into the second quarter. It capped a two-drive "comeback" to get the Saints back into the game, and made the score 17-14. However, the Saints failed to score again for the next 26 minutes of game time. Given that, it's tough to say that that play started to shift the momentum in the Saints' favor. It's possible - and I realize this is probably crazy - that the offense ending six of seven drives during that span without scoring any points (the lone exception came after Sproles fumbled the punt on the Saints' 26 and we gained three yards before settling for a FG) was the bigger factor in "shifting momentum" in that game.

Second, the bigger play in terms of momentum was the first TD, where Willis got beaten for the TD to Graham, allowing the Saints to get back in a groove of sorts. Graham's long TD in the 4th quarter was the play that really started to shift momentum.

Third, Culliver was actually in good position on that play, but one of the best QBs in the history of the game threw a perfect ball to one of the tallest WRs in the game.

It's very telling that in your mind, that's the play that almost cost the Niners the game. You have an impressively selective memory.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First, I'm Crimson, not Sick. I always confuse you and Sick myself, though, so no hard feelings there. And again, I primarily posted that to get your goat. That said, I think you have a tendency to see what you want to when viewing certain players.

Since you bring up the Saints game, I feel inclined to point out that your statement above only serves to reveal just how ridiculous your bias is when it comes to Culliver.

First, the TD pass to Colston that you are presumably referring to occurred about five minutes into the second quarter. It capped a two-drive "comeback" to get the Saints back into the game, and made the score 17-14. However, the Saints failed to score again for the next 26 minutes of game time. Given that, it's tough to say that that play started to shift the momentum in the Saints' favor. It's possible - and I realize this is probably crazy - that the offense ending six of seven drives during that span without scoring any points (the lone exception came after Sproles fumbled the punt on the Saints' 26 and we gained three yards before settling for a FG) was the bigger factor in "shifting momentum" in that game.

Second, the bigger play in terms of momentum was the first TD, where Willis got beaten for the TD to Graham, allowing the Saints to get back in a groove of sorts. Graham's long TD in the 4th quarter was the play that really started to shift momentum.

Third, Culliver was actually in good position on that play, but one of the best QBs in the history of the game threw a perfect ball to one of the tallest WRs in the game.

It's very telling that in your mind, that's the play that almost cost the Niners the game. You have an impressively selective memory.

HUGE understatements!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Okay Sick, whenever he gets beat, it's always the same thing. You have a tendency to say the same thing all the time about this dude..."He was in perfect position..."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay Sick, whenever he gets beat, it's always the same thing. You have a tendency to say the same thing all the time about this dude..."He was in perfect position..."

No, he's not always in good position. Though as I've said before, I find Culliver's biggest weakness is his ability to play the ball in the air. I find that he is often in pretty good position, he just doesn't make a play on the ball. I was thinking of this play in part when I said that.

On this particular play, the coverage was tight. Culliver was right there, but Brees dropped it in over his 6'5" receiver's outside shoulder. Not many DBs will successfully defend that play IMO. There is no doubt that Culliver has a lot of room to improve his instincts and feel for the position. But you are VASTLY overstating the significance of this play.

The Saints scored four TDs in this game. Frankly, there is a strong argument that the Colston TD had the LEAST effect on the momentum of the game. Saying it was the play that began the shift in momentum is factually incorrect. Though I note you didn't actually address that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best QB? We could argue Wilson & Kap are washes but I would take Colt over Quinn & Tolzien over who ever is their 3rd string.

I'll take Kaepernick over Wilson.
I believe Kaepernick will be better than Wilson but I don't take issue with Wilson being #1 on lists for the preseason.

Sounds like they didn't even consider backups and as expected they feel Kaepernick will be better long-term but Wilson has more experience. I'm starting to hate that word. Oh well. Williamson also indirectly questions Kaep's passing in the pocket - another reason I don't like Williamson - just because Kaep can run does not mean he suffers or lacks in comparison to Wilson in passing.

West QB ranks: Debate from top to bottom - NFC West Blog

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it's tough to rank these two guys right now. But I wouldn't bet against Kap. He had to transition into an offense on the fly, and he did it extraordinarily well. With an offseason of work - and his level of commitment - the sky is really the limit. Very exciting to think about.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they didn't even consider backups and as expected they feel Kaepernick will be better long-term but Wilson has more experience. I'm starting to hate that word. Oh well. Williamson also indirectly questions Kaep's passing in the pocket - another reason I don't like Williamson - just because Kaep can run does not mean he suffers or lacks in comparison to Wilson in passing.

When I read their explanation I understood it at least, Wilson was more polished out of college, split the reps in training camp, and started all 16 games. He is farther along, but I bet after training camp Kaep will be just as good and by the end of the season I think he will be better because his physical tools will push him over the top. And I also think Harbaugh is the best coach to get the most out of his qb, not Pete Carroll.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

When I read their explanation I understood it at least, Wilson was more polished out of college, split the reps in training camp, and started all 16 games. He is farther along, but I bet after training camp Kaep will be just as good and by the end of the season I think he will be better because his physical tools will push him over the top. And I also think Harbaugh is the best coach to get the most out of his qb, not Pete Carroll.

Kaep has a less regular season games than Wilson, but he played the NFC Championship plus SB. don't think the experience card is a big difference?

it'll depend on who continues with good passing skills?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how we have the worst d-line when it features McDonald, J.Smith and a former top 5 pick in Dorsey. I expect our coaching staff to get more out of Dorsey than the Chiefs did and J.Smith is one of the top linemen in the game.

And how do we have the worst DB's?
Rodgers was a pro-bowl player 2 years ago and was not that bad last year. Brown is getting better, and we just signed Nnamdi who might have struggled on the Eagles bad offense, but 2 years ago was thought to be the best corner in the league by some.

We are weak at Safety though right now. I hope we fix that in the draft and whoever we get turns out to be a stud, but even before then I don't see how we have the worst DB's in the division.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like how for WR he talks about Percy being a return man. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with playing WR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get how we have the worst d-line when it features McDonald, J.Smith and a former top 5 pick in Dorsey. I expect our coaching staff to get more out of Dorsey than the Chiefs did and J.Smith is one of the top linemen in the game.

And how do we have the worst DB's?
Rodgers was a pro-bowl player 2 years ago and was not that bad last year. Brown is getting better, and we just signed Nnamdi who might have struggled on the Eagles bad offense, but 2 years ago was thought to be the best corner in the league by some.

We are weak at Safety though right now. I hope we fix that in the draft and whoever we get turns out to be a stud, but even before then I don't see how we have the worst DB's in the division.

i'm ok with these rankings cause i know its "only on paper". its a team game and we'll see which team plays better as a team? which team has better scheming. ie Coaching?

two years is a long time by NFL standards, so based on what they seen last season, Rogers didn't keep it up and Asomugha wasn't good. don't know about Dorsey but they shouldn't base it on what we EXPECT this season?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Are you purposefully not addressing him by the correct name? Peterson I am assuming you mean.. as in Patrick Peterson.