• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: San Francisco loses HFA because of Seattle 5:25 NBC

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe and maybe not. No guarantee they score from the 1. And they still had 7 shots from the 10 yard line in and 3 shots from the 6.

1st and goal from the 1 is better than the other scenarios and more conducive to scoring the go ahead TD

just sayin

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and goal from the 1 is better than the other scenarios and more conducive to scoring the go ahead TD

just sayin

im just saying Seahawks on the 1 yard line is far from a sure thing:L

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its both for sure. But I think you should default to the head coach first as they were making substitutions. This one of the reasons they blew the Super Bowl 5 years ago at the end. They had to burn a TO when the clock was stopped after Kearses catch because they couldnt get lined up with a play in time. 5 years later its still killing them in crunch time. Unfortunate but this coach and QB have done enough and been through enough together that it shouldn't be happening
The way I understand, is the Hawks had a hurt player on the field and tried to get him off. They probably should have just let the refs allow for a hurt player to be attended to.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just sayin
The clock and no timeouts were their enemy, even from the one yard line.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I firmly believe this time the Seahawks would have given the ball to Lynch on the 1 yard line. Penalty ruined their entire plan.

But what a game. wow.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all can debate the what ifs all day. All I know is the game lived up to all the hype and billing that started week 10 when the Hawks handed the 9ers their first loss. It was a damn good way to finish the decade and the 100th NFL season. And although I dare not hope too much a third game between these two teams in a couple weeks would be fantastic. Hawks have to go beat the Eagles this week and the Saints take care of business. I'm really hoping for a rubber match in this affair. If it happens, all of you have the heart medication ready.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all can debate the what ifs all day. All I know is the game lived up to all the hype and billing that started week 10 when the Hawks handed the 9ers their first loss. It was a damn good way to finish the decade and the 100th NFL season. And although I dare not hope too much a third game between these two teams in a couple weeks would be fantastic. Hawks have to go beat the Eagles this week and the Saints take care of business. I'm really hoping for a rubber match in this affair. If it happens, all of you have the heart medication ready.

I think that’s the likely scenario. As a Niners fan, that’s the scenario I fear most. Both teams are so evenly matched. The Niners were a missed overtime FG away from sweeping the Seahawks and literally inches away from being swept. Russell Wilson is amazing and no fourth quarter lead is safe with him in the game. It’s gonna be interesting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why blame Carroll for the delay of game. IMO that penalty was all Wilson's fault.
Coaches took way too long getting the play and personnel in. Lynch was back and forth for 20 seconds. That's on the staff. They were not prepared and did not get their people in position.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comment, the Hawks have played better (7-1) on the road then (4-4) at home. I have a good feeling that the Hawks will beat the Eagles next Sunday.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Seattle bring back Lynch just so they could fuck up ANOTHER game winning score from the 1 yard line?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never know.

I’m sitting there with an over bet (the o/u was 47) and I was like... cmon man!!

couldn’t help but recall this commercial!

Lynch is hysterical man. Good luck this weekend.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches took way too long getting the play and personnel in. Lynch was back and forth for 20 seconds. That's on the staff. They were not prepared and did not get their people in position.
I re-watched just that play a couple of times last night (because I read a couple people say they thought there was a shorted playclock):

#1 - The playclock was not short; it started immediately after the play at :40 (I thought the rule might have been from setting the ball but looked it up and it was administered correctly)
#2 - Fant was definitely injured, but he did not go down for attendance like he should have; if I understand the rules correctly, doing that would not have cost them anything (including a 10 second run-off, because the clock was not running)
#3 - Immediately prior to that play, Lynch had his helmet off and his beanie cap on; I don't think that the Hawks were planning on a scenario where they would put an RB, back in... particularly not BEASTMODE... I don't think they were prepared for a play to happen at the goalline, given the circumstances

When it happened live, I thought they may have been intentionally taking a delay to have more space for the play(s) they wanted to run from there (since running up the middle even once might have been the last play of the game if it got stopped) :noidea:... re-watching, I do think they were just caught off-guard by the situation that happened.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I re-watched just that play a couple of times last night (because I read a couple people say they thought there was a shorted playclock):

#1 - The playclock was not short; it started immediately after the play at :40 (I thought the rule might have been from setting the ball but looked it up and it was administered correctly)
#2 - Fant was definitely injured, but he did not go down for attendance like he should have; if I understand the rules correctly, doing that would not have cost them anything (including a 10 second run-off, because the clock was not running)
#3 - Immediately prior to that play, Lynch had his helmet off and his beanie cap on; I don't think that the Hawks were planning on a scenario where they would put an RB, back in... particularly not BEASTMODE... I don't think they were prepared for a play to happen at the goalline, given the circumstances

When it happened live, I thought they may have been intentionally taking a delay to have more space for the play(s) they wanted to run from there (since running up the middle even once might have been the last play of the game if it got stopped) :noidea:... re-watching, I do think they were just caught off-guard by the situation that happened.
#2- that's a good point. If that's the case Fant not going down really cost them. But I thought I saw Lynch ready to come in but maybe that was after it was too late.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think to comment on 2 and 3. I wont on #1 since I havent checked but I have no reason to believe it was incorrect.

I think Fant was injured on the 4th down conversion to the 1 yard line. So the clock was technically running because that was before the spike. Now I guess he could have gone down after the spike but I dont know if it gets tricky there.

Regarding Lynch not being prepared to enter the game. Thats not on him at all. I think the reality is the Seahawks werent prepared in the situation of converting a first down but not a touchdown on the 4th down play. Which is unacceptable, you have to be prepared for all scenarios. I will never buy they intentionally took a delay of game tho.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to comment on 2 and 3. I wont on #1 since I havent checked but I have no reason to believe it was incorrect.

I think Fant was injured on the 4th down conversion to the 1 yard line. So the clock was technically running because that was before the spike. Now I guess he could have gone down after the spike but I dont know if it gets tricky there.

Regarding Lynch not being prepared to enter the game. Thats not on him at all. I think the reality is the Seahawks werent prepared in the situation of converting a first down but not a touchdown on the 4th down play. Which is unacceptable, you have to be prepared for all scenarios. I will never buy they intentionally took a delay of game tho.

Agree its not on Lynch; I definitely saw him with no helmet and a beanie on when they were on the 5 or 6, before the play to the 1. I thought it was weird, but figured they were only planning on passing plays from there on out, so he had no role (any RB plays would be with Homer).

I think Fant was injured on the 4th down play, but he got himself in position for the spike. He went halfway to his knees after the spike, squatted for a moment and waved off a sub, but was clearly not healthy.