• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Andreas (2015)

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda reminds me of 2012

Same here. When I saw the trailer, the first person I thought of was Roland Emmerich, the director of 2012, and The Day After Tomorrow. San Andreas seems like it would be right in his wheelhouse.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going for sure. The tsunami scene gave me chills.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a sucker for these movies.
Me too, but 2012 fell short of what could have been. Nevertheless, San Andreas looks pretty good. I may try to go.

And let me admit now. I get a perverse sense of yes and lol when crappy things happen to the left coast. I may go in this movie expecting the "feel good film of the year". But will she'd a tear for the valley folk.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. And it's.....well.........they are saying it's the best acting The Rock has ever done.....and......well.....the dialogue......the wife.......

P.S. If you like seeing buildings crumble and collapse, this is your movie.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. And it's.....well.........they are saying it's the best acting The Rock has ever done.....and......well.....the dialogue......the wife.......

so it sucked

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what these type of movies are all about. Nothing more.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deadspin hilariously categorized this as a "replacement level action movie", and we all know it's true. I think I'll re-watch "The Day After Tomorrow" on TBS again, instead.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it sucked

It was a fun movie at times. But it's just that they almost went with a couple cheezy lines on purpose just to camp it up because it was a disaster movie. Like they were paying homage to them or something.

The movie wasn't god awful. I'd call it a slight step up from 2012. They didn't go with a massive ensemble cast with this one which helped. Plenty of action. Movie gets started pretty fast. I'm actually impressed they had the wife end up being useful in the last act. Usually they just say a lot of stupid crap about the relationship breakup/divorce, cry, and then cry even more when the male lead saves everyone at the end.

I don't know. I'd give this movie a 7.5. Mad Max will be hard to top this summer movie season. That was a home run to me.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INSULTINGLY BAD 2/10

*visuals good though

daughter hot/nice rack

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the daughter was a B cup,* this may have been the worst movie I'd ever seen. There were about twenty times I just couldn't stop laughing.

My favorite was the scene where the daughter had about six inches of air as the water level slowly rose in the building she was trapped in. Then they zoom out and show the building collapsing at least five floors. Then they zoom back into the building, and she still has three inches of air left. How lazy can they be? Also, the fifteen times where characters have sweet goodbyes for 10 seconds AS THEIR FAMILY IS DYING. Even for a disaster movie, this was disgraceful.

*Seriously, I spent about 20% of the movie staring at Alexandra Diddario's tits. I really think the director focused on them because he knew his movie was god fucking awful. And I love the fact that a black samoan dad and a dark-skinned Italian mom had an (apparently biological) daughter who was lily White. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad she was there, but come on. Save your money and watch her nude scene from True Detective on a **** site.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to compare this with The Expendables.

Reality is, this movie was horrible. The storyline was horrible and the characters were horribly written. If they didn't make The Rock's character too much of a crazy hero right away. I think he did as good as he could with the character. The acting in The Expendables was horrible too. The characters were horribly written in that movie as well.

In both movies, there were many suspenseful movies. However, in Expendables, the climax of the movie was the most suspenseful. By the time the climax of San Andreas came, it was the same scene you have seen 100x and many of the other suspenseful moments in the movie were more intense.

The Expendables was a horrible movie, but it was the ultimate "guy" movie. San Andreas was a horrible movie, but it was a good CGI movie. There were some great editing graphics in the movie. If you liked 2012, you will like this movie. There is definitely an audience out there for this movie.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I think this movie should have ended.

I think The Rock's character and the British love interest both save her, but The Rock's character dying to save her. I think a tear-jerking ending would be better than a fairy-tale ending.

Just think how different Armageddon would be if Bruce Willis's character didn't die at the end or if Leonardo DiCaprio's character survived in Titanic.

I don't think The Rock dying would make this movie great, but I think it would be better.[/SPOILERS]

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this in 3D today and loved it. Bad ass. It's exactly what I expect from these type of movies. Gugino and Daddario are both smoking hot.