• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam is a Ram 4 life

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per roto

Coach Jeff Fisher said Sam Bradford (torn left ACL) "will be back [in 2014] and he's our quarterback."

"The knee itself is in really good shape, with the exception of the ACL," Fisher added. "We expect a full and complete recovery." Bradford will undergo surgery in 2-3 weeks once the swelling subsides, and then the rehab process will begin. Fisher said "there's no reason to think otherwise" when asked if Bradford would be ready for the season opener next year. At this moment, Bradford is tied for fifth in passing touchdowns (14) and sports a 90.9 quarterback rating. He was on his way to having the best season of his young career. The Rams could save over $10 million by cutting Bradford after the season, but they seem more interested in committing to the former No. 1 overall pick long-term. The Rams are a near lock to pick in the top five in the 2014 draft. They have plenty of other holes.

For better, or worse. He's all yours. Interesting stuff.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per roto

Coach Jeff Fisher said Sam Bradford (torn left ACL) "will be back [in 2014] and he's our quarterback."

"The knee itself is in really good shape, with the exception of the ACL," Fisher added. "We expect a full and complete recovery." Bradford will undergo surgery in 2-3 weeks once the swelling subsides, and then the rehab process will begin. Fisher said "there's no reason to think otherwise" when asked if Bradford would be ready for the season opener next year. At this moment, Bradford is tied for fifth in passing touchdowns (14) and sports a 90.9 quarterback rating. He was on his way to having the best season of his young career. The Rams could save over $10 million by cutting Bradford after the season, but they seem more interested in committing to the former No. 1 overall pick long-term. The Rams are a near lock to pick in the top five in the 2014 draft. They have plenty of other holes.

For better, or worse. He's all yours. Interesting stuff.
I've been saying this for along time!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP, Jeff Fisher stated as much today in the news conference. See my thread under the same name for more details.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is of course as long as Fisher is the coach. If he leaves, another coach might not be so..."deluded" shall we say. Reading quotes from anonymous sources around the league, apparently there are many who aren't as enamored with Bradford as Fisher is. Those two are so much in love, I wonder if gay marriage is legal in Missouri.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the things he is suppose to say, doesn't mean that that will happen. Of course he's not going to say we are giving up on him, and actually I'm not a Bradford lover, but I'll give Bradford the benefit of the doubt going into next year. Let him actually "win" the job.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So In The Short term

So the rest of the season The Rams will be hammered even more once Clemens starts playing. Oh how fun that will be every freaking week. I can't wait to hear Gruden spit and choke on his own saliva while calling the Rams Seahawks game, hell they may have to remove him from the booth if he went as crazy as he did tonight with the Vikings-Giants game! LOL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was interesting Ramtim. He was really telling like it is. It'll be interesting to listen to his assessment of the Rams because Gruden has a tendency to be truthful and right on. I am looking forward to the broadcast.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:/ good it would be a sad day if my clearance Sam Bradford cheapie jersey that my folks got me for Christmas didn't have a purpose anymore. It took me 3 years to get that jersey……

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was interesting Ramtim. He was really telling like it is. It'll be interesting to listen to his assessment of the Rams because Gruden has a tendency to be truthful and right on. I am looking forward to the broadcast.

Retro, I'm not looking forward to it, it could get really, really ugly!:L:

We finally have a little hope and get a Monday night game, and this is the team all of America will see. Hopefully the defense steps up and plays like last year, which I still think they are capable of. Wilson has been sacked 20 times already this year, hopefully we have a sackfest!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher won't coach this team in 2014... I bet he will bail after the season.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Sam being the same, or even better after this injury. He's always gonna have that fear of taking a shot and re-injuring himself.

RAMS need to re-evaluate the QB position, and think is SAM the MAN, or is someone else in the RAMS future.

Don't get me wrong Sams a good guy, but in 4 years at the helm of the RAMS offense, I'm sorry, he hasn't impressed me one bit.

I'm not bashing Sam, just stating My Opinion on him.

It's gonna be hard watching the RAMS falter the rest of the season without a proven QB.

Power Ranking have the RAMS 28th. Remember when Fisher said "I hope the RAMS enjoy this draft picking at No. 2, because this is the last time we will be picking from this spot.

Looks like if not 2 at least a top 5 pick this next draft.

I'm frustrated because I thought we would contend for at least a share of the NFC WEST, Didn't expect to make the playoffs, but thought it was a possiblity.

Amazes me how QB's such as Luck, RGIII, Kapernick, Wilson have shined, but Bradford has never steped into that tier of QB's.

I don't think he ever will :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Smed55, that aspect of the contest is frightening but I am interested to get Gruden's take on the Rams because his assessments are indeed objective similar to Mike Mayock's. I think the Rams are going to come out swinging and I see Clemons having a decent managerial type game just as SJ76 as been suggesting. WE may even win this one as well.

Shane C. Fisher's future remains a mystery. He is pretty good at not leaking information. I suspect if the Rams have a really krappy season, he may bolt. But as of yesterday, he made it clear that the USC rumors and the Tebow rumors were a lot of BS concocted by the media.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane C. Fisher's future remains a mystery. He is pretty good at not leaking information. I suspect if the Rams have a really krappy season, he may bolt. But as of yesterday, he made it clear that the USC rumors and the Tebow rumors were a lot of BS concocted by the media.

Again retro, those are the things he is supposed to say. Do you think he would honestly come out and say " yeah I am considering the USC job"?? Of course not. My money is that if Haden offers him Sabin type money, he is gone as soon as the season ends... like Tuesday morning after week 17 gone.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree KSUDodgers. I was making a point that Fisher's ability to play the media is pretty adept and he keeps things very close to the vest. So yea, he is going to say those things. If Haden offers him Saban money and massive control, he'll bolt especially if the Rams finish 4-12 or 3-13. And, I even think that they are still going to bring in Tebow in the next couple of days with a bevy of QB availables just as he stated that he wasn't interested in Tebow several days ago. So yep, I totally agree with you.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Clemens can be the game manager we need him to be? If we can run the ball versus Seattle and if Clemens can throw it deep with accuracy - that is my #1 question, then we can at least keep that awesome defense honest. But I don't know Clemens can be that game manager we need, especially against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

As far as keeping Bradford, that sure is rolling the dice if your sitting great with 1 top 10 pick and another top 15 pick in the draft with ALOT of good QBs coming out.

:L

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at an updated mock draft on Draftsite.com and they have us taking Matthews at #5 and Manziel at #12 and leaving Watkins sitting out there. Please no... :wtf2:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would much rather have Sammy Watkins over Johnny football. Johnny is Drew Brees height w/o the arm. Yes he's mobile, but the kid has it coming to him. I don't want Manziel. I would rather have a healthy Bradford than Manziel.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have a healthy Bradford than Manziel.

Was that statement made as part of the "can't bad mouth Sammie for 3 weeks" bet or are you just not feeling yourself?? :omg:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA. You really think I hate Sam don't you?? :doh:

I hate football players with no nuts and others that look like a deer in the headlights. Sam had his bonehead moments in the past, but poor Sam was getting better. Yeah I said it!

I really think he would benefit from a competition. The kid was given the keys to the porche and also a mansion right out of the gate.

Then again, look at Luck. He's making good money. But look at his weapons! I'm anxious to see how good he is without Reggie Wayne. My guess is that he's like Aaron Rogers with Cobb out. They just get the next guy in line, plug him in to the system, and make him look good.

That was the one thing I never really saw from Sam. Some of these QBs now make any Jack, Tom, Dick, Harry, and Beaver look good!!!

And it's not about bad mouthing Sam. It's nothing "negative" about Sam. But the past 2 weeks he looked fine. Managed the game fine. The pick 6 was not smart, but the rest of the Panther game was ok besides the dropped passes.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a funny feeling we have seen Bradford take his last snap for the Rams. I know what the front office and coaches are saying just a hunch.