• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Darnold traded

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold to Panthers for a 6th round pick, 2nd (2022) and 4th (2022). Wow, I would have done this trade for the Bears. What is Pace doing?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold to Panthers for a 6th round pick, 2nd (2022) and 4th (2022). Wow, I would have done this trade for the Bears. What is Pace doing?

I'm glad he didn't trade draft picks for another never will be...Just let the Dalton thing sink our ship and retool from there with the new regime. Pace and Co. are finished by next January. This upcoming season will flesh it out.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he didn't trade draft picks for another never will be...Just let the Dalton thing sink our ship and retool from there with the new regime. Pace and Co. are finished by next January. This upcoming season will flesh it out.

Yep let it sink and retool.....Even BS has to happy with this outcome.....Its called tanking.....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep let it sink and retool.....Even BS has to happy with this outcome.....Its called tanking.....

Seriously...If they traded for Darnold, we wouldn't be drafting a QB in this year's draft. (Granted, we may not anyway with the way things are looking with so many teams looking for QB...but such a move would have guaranteed it). F*ck that. If you're going to go after a franchise QB, don't let it be a trade for somebody else's retread. Just make the play for the young guy out of college again and hope we get it right this time.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. It's one half dozen or the other. Explicit tanking is apparently bad but implicit tanking is..good (rolls eyes).

You can't argue with idiots.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously...If they traded for Darnold, we wouldn't be drafting a QB in this year's draft. (Granted, we may not anyway with the way things are looking with so many teams looking for QB...but such a move would have guaranteed it). F*ck that. If you're going to go after a franchise QB, don't let it be a trade for somebody else's retread. Just make the play for the young guy out of college again and hope we get it right this time.

And what QB do you want with our 20th pick that would have been blocked if we got Darnold? Getting Darnold and draft a young QB (if one was miraculously available at 20) is not mutually exclusive.

If you want to go for a franchise type of QB you need a really high pick which means you need to really suck. Fat chance with this current lineup. Or you could....tank

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading picks for Darnold is literally flushing them in the toilet.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sam Darnold is still relatively unknown with a lot of upside. Panthers didn't give up much to acquire him so I don't understand why Pace wouldn't take a shot at him. Apparently the Panthers were the only team inquiring about Darnold.

Of all the rumored choices out there I'd take a cheap shot at Darnold than overpaying for Wilson and Watson (esp with his legal issues now) or picking up the impotent Dalton. As it stands now, next year will be a joke.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's one half dozen or the other. Explicit tanking is apparently bad but implicit tanking is..good (rolls eyes).

You can't argue with idiots.
Hey Mensa, there's a HUGE difference between teams trading away existing talent for hopefully future talent, which often results in fewer wins for a given number of seasons. Teams with losing records in all major sports do this all the time. But they still coach to win each and every game and they still put the best talent available each and every game, and of course the players PLAY to win each game. They don't THROW the games purposefully (just ask Doug Pederson how that worked out for him). And they certainly don't risk league sanctions, management, coaching, and player future contracts just to gain some spots in the draft.

You still don't get it, you never will get it, which is a by product of linear thinking. Oh, and BTW, I have you at 41.5 as the over/under during this coming season as to how many times you're going to whine about us not tanking. You must already be up to 8 or 9 times. I obviously severely undervalued that number. You'll hit it before the season even starts.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what QB do you want with our 20th pick that would have been blocked if we got Darnold? Getting Darnold and draft a young QB (if one was miraculously available at 20) is not mutually exclusive.

If you want to go for a franchise type of QB you need a really high pick which means you need to really suck. Fat chance with this current lineup. Or you could....tank

Whichever one the Bears think is the guy. I don't watch every college QB and make assessments on them. I have no time, desire nor care to do that...The best I get out of such an exercise is an "I told you so" whereas the worst is someone like you yapping on and on like you do about Jordan Howard. God knows I don't want to pull the string on your back too often at this point especially on that level.

All I know about the college door #3 is that it isn't some scrub that DID fail at the NFL level. I don't want Darnold or anyone like that. None of 'em. Gimme the mystery and I'll hope for the best. I've said it before: the move FOR Mitch was a fine move. I remember people hating it. I liked it. Why? Because we took the quarterback we believed and made our best run of it with him. We might have gotten duped in trading for him...but if Mitch had been legit, we wouldn't give a sh*t. Because he sucked, AND the ones we passed were good, it turns into an all-time f*ckup. But if you want to ask me again: "Jiddy, ready to risk another f*ckup of epic proportions by getting a quarterback via trade?" The answer is yes. Every time.

And you're going on and on and on about the 20 pick. For God's sake man...Let it go. Yes genius, a higher pick makes it harder to score a certain QB...but not impossible. If we really must have a QB on the list that we can't attain...You just trade up again. Always for QB....ALWAYS. Would it look dumb after f*cking up with Mitch and our salary cap? Yes...but if the player panned out it would be a footnote in history. And if management doesn't think they can avoid f*cking it up...They shouldn't be management. So it's a "just do what you gotta do" thing. Take the young guy you think gets us there. Double bonus if that guy is at #20 or later and we don't need to trade up. If there isn't one available at our pick or later, and we can't make a trade for one, find one next year. End of story. No thanks to a multi-year Sam Darnold epilogue to the 2018-2020 Chicago Bears tragedy.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol not reading that

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you answered your own question when you stated only 1 team seemed interested. That should tell you something.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can get Cody Parkey back? I hear the man is sheer clutch.