• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sake goes 7 2/3 shutout, the Royals future is NOW baby!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone want to inform me on who the fuck teal is, beyond what he typed today? is he someone i'm supposed to remember from a past site?

i'd say PM me.....but ya know.......i can't do that either

PH

positive hype/hector

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now, for a thread recap:

jwoww-sammi-jersey-shore-fighting-gif.gif

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has become a whiny bitch fest every fucking day

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be interested in us doing a vBookie event for whether Teal posts in this thread tomorrow? I'm giving odds.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone want to inform me on who the fuck teal is, beyond what he typed today? is he someone i'm supposed to remember from a past site?

i'd say PM me.....but ya know.......i can't do that either

Positive Hype from CBS back in the day...not sure when you joined us over there so you may not remember him...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies announced that they have designated Delmon Young for assignment in order to clear a roster spot for Casper Wells, who was claimed off waivers from the White Sox this week.

Young, 27, is hitting .260/.301/.397 in 291 plate appearances for the Phillies this season after signing a small, one-year $750K contract this offseason. That contract contained plenty of performance bonuses, and Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer points out (on Twitter) that Young was just nine plate appearances from earning another $150K -- less than the amount they'll owe Wells for the remainder of the season. Young hit lefties reasonably well (.286/.361/.397) but ranked 22nd out of 23 right fielders with at least 500 innings in UZR/150 (-20).

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only get's this way when Hammer comes in here convinced he has to flex his e-authority to give his life meaning...

It just fills such a huge void in my life. My e-authority means everything to me.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday, July 31: at Los Angeles Dodgers

I've been back on the field for three games now. All systems go. I'm healthy and finally playing. As far as anyone's concerned, the quad's at 100 percent if I'm in the lineup. There are no excuses. I don't care if it's the fifth inning and suddenly I feel something warm in my jersey and I peek inside and see that my intestines are exposed because a takeout slide cut me open like a side of beef on a meat hook. You just have to pretend you didn't see your organs in a weird meaty pile, hike up your belt a few inches to keep everything in place, and take care of business. You stay out there at your position until the third out. Then maybe between innings you can sneak off to the locker room without telling anybody and get the trainer to truss you up with some gauze and athletic tape to get you right back out there as quickly as possible. To do anything less is to disrespect the game and all it has given you.
So maybe you can understand why you're going to play through a strained quad without making a big deal out of it. It's against your code to lie about it if you're asked directly, but there's nothing in that code that prevents you from pretending you didn't hear the question because you got distracted by the batboy bringing you your gear, hey, you're on deck now, better get out into the circle, sorry, Skip, let's circle back after I score.
And maybe you can also understand why when your manager and your GM ask you to take it easy and play at, say, 65 percent if possible, or not to run out every ground ball like you're being chased by a hungry bear made of failure, well, that's just not going to happen. A healthy respect for that failure-bear is what got you where you are, and not even five rings or 3,000-plus hits convinces him not to chase you up the baseline every single time. You've seen it eat too many guys whole to do that. You've seen the claw marks on Robbie Cano's back from the times he didn't bust it down the line. You've seen it sitting on top of Joba's chest and gnawing on his throat in the showers after a messy inning. But it's never gotten you, and you're not about to let that change just because you're worried about reinjury. You can't play that way, and you won't play that way. Let them lift you for a pinch runner late in the game if they have to. You're not taking yourself out.
We leave L.A. tonight with a split in the two-game series. Kuroda was great again. I looked in his eyes as he walked off the mound in the seventh.
That guy's seen the bear. He gets it.
Thursday, August 1: Off day

Every channel in the hotel in San Diego is showing Anchorman. Even the pay-per-views. It's weird.
I fall asleep during a third consecutive viewing and dream about a bear. I can't remember if it's the movie bear or my bear. It probably doesn't matter. You have to respect it either way.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandy's back. The team's inching closer to what it was supposed to be all along. It's been a tough year for him, too, getting hurt when hit by a pitch in spring training, finally returning for a few games in May, and then breaking his finger when hit by another pitch. Maybe last year you would've been tempted to blame all the freak injuries this team has suffered on an angry gypsy, especially since the Orioles continue to play well, but this season has had its own curse. And that curse is that its Captain was away for too long. No black magic. It's that simple. Let Buck Showalter or Joe Maddon or whoever's managing the Red Sox have a thousand gypsies. We have to take care of our business and not worry about that stuff. The injured guys are all returning and it's time to start running off a win streak. Beginning tomorrow, because CC had another rough one tonight.
You wish you could figure out what's going on with him. It's just not the same pitcher out there. He's always been the guy who takes the ball out to the mound in the first and won't give it back to you until he walks off with a "W" in the ninth, but it's not working out that way. You hate to bring up the weight thing again, but maybe if you're headed out to war with only half your bullets in the chamber, you're not going to be able to gun down everyone coming at you. There's not much you can do but pat the big guy on the stomach after a tough game and ask where he left the other half. Or whisper that his nutritionist is stealing from him. Or leave a love note in his locker from Cap'n Crunch, who misses him terribly and can't wait to get together for a big bowl of deliciousness. Any of those things should work, but nothing has so far.
But that doesn't mean you'll stop trying. Not when the big fella needs his Captain the most. And his Cap'n.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrissey, and therefore the Smiths, are for tone deaf uppity hipsters that need to think they're smarter and more refined than everyone else...

They say stuff like:

"you listen to teenager music"

images

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous...

"Meat is Murder"

you_are_gay_get_the_fuk_out.jpg

Morrissey, and therefore the Smiths, are for tone deaf uppity hipsters that need to think they're smarter and more refined than everyone else...

They say stuff like:

"you listen to teenager music"

you_are_a_faggot_court_dismissed.jpg

I don't define it as brilliant, it defines itself as brilliant.

images

Oh...and hammer...since everyone is universally convinced you're full of shit, unless you're next post on the subject refutes that?

original.gif

th

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER make fun of the Smiths again