• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints Fire Sale

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the New Orleans Saints are in a complete fire sale mode right now. Everyone except Brees and Brandon Cooks are said to be available.

With that in mind, who would you want from that roster if the price is right?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We picked up Tyrunn Walker last night. Not sure who is really salvageable on that defense that is still available. The person the Saints should have gotten rid of is Rob Ryan. I still think he is one of the worst DCs in the NFL.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB:
Ryan Griffen- I'd give up a 7th for him and send Dan-O packing. He's a big, young QB with a strong arm. Has better longer-term back-up potential than Orlovsky, imo.

WR:
Kenny Stills- I can't believe they're shopping him. I'd take him and his deep speed in a heart beat.

Nick Toon- I'd give up a 6th or a 7th to add the big-bodied Toon to our WR corps.

Brandon Cooks- A 6'6" monster who I'd give up a 7th to bring in to compete for a spot.

OT:
Terron Armstead- Another guy I'm very surprised would be available. He'd be a welcome addition to our line.

C:
Max Unger- Thye just traded for him, but reportedly everyone is available. If that's the case Unger at center and Swanson at LG (or vise-versa) would be a nice pairing for us.

DT:
Akiem Hicks- a 6'5" 324 monster who can stuff the run and has a little pass rush ability as well. Not a house-hold name, but would be an above-average starter for us next to Ngata.

DE:
Cameron Jordan- Another big fish that I'm surprised they'd be shopping. He'd be a helluva addition to our D-line, but his price tag might be a bit higher than I'd go for (if it were up to me, of course).

OLB/DE:
Junior Galette- has some pending legal troubles that might make him a "no" but if that's cleared up he's a stud pass-rusher.

CB:
Keenan Lewis- I'd love to pair him across from Slay for the foreseeable future.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste- Rookie last season with great size. He'd be welcome depth at the position for us.

Safety:
Kenny Vaccaro- He's been up-and-down in his short time in the league, but he's a DB I'd love to have for Austin to work with.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they part with any of the young guys.

Stills would be worth a flier. The only other vet I would look at is Hicks. Considering we signed Walker my guess is the Lions wanted him instead, otherwise we would have just taken Hicks instead.