• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Safety Louis Delmas Released

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the physical side of the game goin' on but I don't know much else about him...he's only 26.

The report said it was for cap reasons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very injury prone, draws a lot of penalties as he looks to light players up, and can play reckless. All that said he is still a very good player and one that if you are looking to add some physicality to your defense he is the guy. He is just hitting his prime so the next few years he should do very well if he can stay healthy. Broncos actually tried to sign him last year so hoping they try again.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The release of Delmas comes less than a week after the team's new defensive coordinator Teryl Austin highlighted the safety as one of the team's top playmakers.
"I know Louis Delmas, watching him play, he can be a difference-maker," Austin said.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very injury prone, draws a lot of penalties as he looks to light players up, and can play reckless. All that said he is still a very good player and one that if you are looking to add some physicality to your defense he is the guy. He is just hitting his prime so the next few years he should do very well if he can stay healthy. Broncos actually tried to sign him last year so hoping they try again.

Physical safeties are a missing ingredient on the Pats...if he's teachable he might be a good pick up.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats can sure use the help:suds:

Lions released FS Louis Delmas.
The move frees $6 million in cap space, and including the release of Nate Burleson, gives the Lions $11.5 million in new room. Delmas was due a $500,000 roster bonus on March 15. Delmas has been injury prone throughout his five-year career, but appeared in all 16 games for the first time in 2013. He was an every-down player, tallying 64 tackles, two sacks and three interceptions across 1,058 snaps. Delmas' injury history and salary make the move justifiable, but it's surprising for a team that's had so much trouble in the secondary. On the open market, Delmas immediately becomes a top-six option in a free agent safety class led by Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, and Chris Clemons.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends IMO we have to keep Talib and have room to maneuver. But if the price is right we won't have to draft a SS. Aren't we also developing a few?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends IMO we have to keep Talib and have room to maneuver. But if the price is right we won't have to draft a SS. Aren't we also developing a few?

Harmon's pretty good but more of a FS imo, from watching him. Wilson... would be nice to see him emerge but I'm not holding my breath. The Pats need to add a safety into the mix somewhere.

P.s. flying back to Boston from Los Angeles (specifically Santa Monica) today was one hell of a shock, physically. That weather, man.