• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sad story about Darryl Talley

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad to read this,........where's the $ettlement-$$ that was approved for ex-players like him,......does it take another suicide to ''prove'' these ex-players dire situations.....!?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad. God be with the Talley family

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heartbreaking, Guy has been a great influence of our football program much less outside the game of football. I'll be praying for him and I hope he gets a chance to go to the WVU/VT game in DC for some ceremonies ect. with Bruce Smith. That would be pretty cool.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I read this article last night, I had absolutely no idea he was in such bad shape. He was recently inducted to both the College Hall of Fame and the WVU Sports Hall of Fame… right?

Yet our school wrote nothing about his condition?

Very sad…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I read this article last night, I had absolutely no idea he was in such bad shape. He was recently inducted to both the College Hall of Fame and the WVU Sports Hall of Fame… right?

Yet our school wrote nothing about his condition?

Very sad…
He must really not want people to know his situation, he appeared his same old self at whichever induction he spoke at. Sad to see. BUT, he made around $10 million while in the NFL, so, while I have compassion for his physical and mental maladies, I have none for his financial woes.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really sorry about his health and mental problems. I wish him the best in them things.

I don't feel sorry for his financial problems, he gets 39k a year, his wife could get a job, that is more in disability, then most people in this state makes a year working. I don't make no 120k a year not even half of that. Sometimes we have to adjust our way of living. He could have spent his money more wisely, it doesn't seem his teammates hare having the same financial problems.

With that said, I understand the Bills and the NFL not giving him no consideration, as he is one of the main plaintiffs in the concussion law suit. Hopefully the judge will accept the agreement, and he can get his money from that soon.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw and spoke with Mr. Tally in Atlanta at the Alabama game. I never knew, nor did he show in any way, this situation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm hearing the Buffalo community raised a bunch of money for Darryl Talley? Set some kind of record?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really sorry about his health and mental problems. I wish him the best in them things.

I don't feel sorry for his financial problems, he gets 39k a year, his wife could get a job, that is more in disability, then most people in this state makes a year working. I don't make no 120k a year not even half of that. Sometimes we have to adjust our way of living. He could have spent his money more wisely, it doesn't seem his teammates hare having the same financial problems.

With that said, I understand the Bills and the NFL not giving him no consideration, as he is one of the main plaintiffs in the concussion law suit. Hopefully the judge will accept the agreement, and he can get his money from that soon.
from what I read he didn't file the proper paperwork to collect the maximum $120-grand/yr.-disability payment/plan and he ended up with the standard $50-grand/yr. pension/plan....?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he make poor financial-decisions..?,...did he live far beyond his mean$..?,....did he ''retire'' too young...?,......it's kinda weird you don't hear/read from his old team-mates or the Wilson-family....?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is sad to see Darryl Talley hurting but heart-warming how the Buffalo community is rallying around him. Hopefully this goes a long way in helping him deal with his emotion and financial problems.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Talley in Canton and he appeared to be in good health as well as spirit.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one for me...I certainly have compassion for his current state of health..but, I knew him when he was playing in Buffalo...not the nicest guy in the world to be honest...I also new guys that new him at WV..was't the best guy then either...

I am sorry he made bad financial choices as well...he certainly made enough money during his playing days to be set for life...now to throw it back at the NFL makes no sense to me...