• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sad news coming to the fore-front publicly

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Bowlen will not attend the NFL owners meeting for the first time in 30 years.

His health (which some have known about for a few years now even though it has never been publicly announced until today) has finally deteriorated to the point that he does not have much control of his faculties.

For those that do not know he was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease about 5 years ago. Apparently he has regressed to the point that he is no longer able to be involved in the decisions for the team.

Joe Ellis and John Elway will be representing the Broncos at the NFL Owners meetings in Orlando.

My heart goes out to the Bowlen Family in this time. I know what it is like to see a family member succumb to Alzheimer's disease.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad. I too have watched it first hand, and it's just very hard to deal with. Prayers to Bowlen and his family.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched my best friend's parents go through it recently.

His Dad was what military people call "a Mustang", meaning in his career in the US Marines, he went from an enlisted Private all the way up to retiring as a Major. It was very hard to watch Alziemer's take over. He was a strong, proud man, who recently passed. Heartbreaking to watch.

My heart goes out to the Bowlen family.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also had to watch a family member go through the trials of Alzheimer's disease. It's tough on everyone in the family, particularly the victim and their significant other. My heart goes out to the Bowlen family, especially Mr. Bowlen. This is a very sad thing to see happen to a man whose life's work had such a positive impact on my life. I hope his last days/months are as comfortable and peaceful as possible.

Peace to the Bowlen family