• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sacks and defensive pressure

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sacks necessarily tell the whole picture when it comes to how good your pass rush is, but:

After 3 weeks we led the league in sacks. The last two weeks we played the team that has given up the least sacks in the league in Denver and the second least in SD (Washington gave up one less, but had a bye). I don't have numbers on blitzes, but I think we probably blitz less than the average team. This week we play Washington that is also near the bottom in sacks allowed. So, maybe our pressure hasn't been as bad as I'm reading here. Add in the fact that Ware has been hurt the last two weeks and missed many snaps and Selvie has also been injured and it gives hope things will turn around, no? Now look at how well we have played the run (4th in the league) and perhaps our DL isn't as horrible as some here say?

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sacks necessarily tell the whole picture when it comes to how good your pass rush is, but:

After 3 weeks we led the league in sacks. The last two weeks we played the team that has given up the least sacks in the league in Denver and the second least in SD (Washington gave up one less, but had a bye). I don't have numbers on blitzes, but I think we probably blitz less than the average team. This week we play Washington that is also near the bottom in sacks allowed. So, maybe our pressure hasn't been as bad as I'm reading here. Add in the fact that Ware has been hurt the last two weeks and missed many snaps and Selvie has also been injured and it gives hope things will turn around, no? Now look at how well we have played the run (4th in the league) and perhaps our DL isn't as horrible as some here say?
Why bother running against us when we give up over 400 yards per game in the air and about 70 yards in personal foul, offside and holding penalties.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol...still trying to justify this pathetic defense I see?.....I would expect nothing less from you.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess you only have to play against the poor teams if and when you ever reach the playoffs as well?? By this type of sick reasoning, it's ok to play poorly against the good teams defensively as long as you can play good against the bad or average teams??

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that it's ok to give up 81 points and a gazzilion yards in just two games as long as they are against good teams?? Boy, what was I thinking?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I think the run stats are a bit deceiving. SL and NYG barely ran. The other 3 teams all rushed for over 100 yards. Now KC - a decent portion of that was from Smith. I actually thought they stuffed Charles until the fourth quarter. Im not saying 100 yards a game is bad or anything. My point is at the end of the games these teams ran it when they wanted too and suceeded to a certain extent. Moreno and Matthews actually sliced the D at times.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you only have to play against the poor teams if and when you ever reach the playoffs as well?? By this type of sick reasoning, it's ok to play poorly against the good teams defensively as long as you can play good against the bad or average teams??

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Only talking about the DL, not the whole D. Has nothing to do with playing good teams or poor teams. Just the two teams that are the best in the entire league at protecting the QB. Facts are facts and that's all I posted. Sorry you don't agree with them, but your agenda is as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only talking about the DL, not the whole D. Has nothing to do with playing good teams or poor teams. Just the two teams that are the best in the entire league at protecting the QB. Facts are facts and that's all I posted. Sorry you don't agree with them, but your agenda is as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.

I see you are trying yo get people to look at the whole picture, while fried only want's to look at snap shots. If we were here proclaiming Dallas offense as great because on the Denver game he'd be here saying "It's only one game. What about the other our".

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agenda? Call me crazy, but the biggest reason for their defensive collapse over the last two weeks has been because of their lack of pressure and sacks up front against good QBs?? If my agenda here is to point out silly insignificant facts and posts, then so be it.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agenda? Call me crazy, but the biggest reason for their defensive collapse over the last two weeks has been because of their lack of pressure and sacks up front against good QBs?? If my agenda here is to point out silly insignificant facts and posts, then so be it.

yes AGENDA.

You were yelling D-line before the draft. So everything in your eyes will be D-line. And you will make 100 post about it every week if we have a loss.

4th against the rush. Was leading the league in sacks..... D-line is doing their job.

The problem is everything behind them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, any chance to knock the DL or Romo you take even if it is made up and it often is. Pretty much the whole reason I posted it was to explain why they had no pressure the last two weeks...very few teams do against Denver and SD and the facts back up my point. Throw in the injuries and...well...you aren't interested in facts, just like I said moving that agenda forward with blinders on. But, the post really wasn't meant for you it was meant for Cowboy fans, so your points are irrelevant.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever notice how wfyre comes bashing into the Cowboy room, its always after the Giants LOSE?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever notice how he goes missing in action when the Cowboys win

It's a little extra bonus for all of us after each Cowboy win...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest problem with the D, and it's been this way for a few years, is coverage over the middle. Our safteies, while better than they have been, aren't elite and we don't have linebackers that are great in coverage.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest problem with the D, and it's been this way for a few years, is coverage over the middle. Our safteies, while better than they have been, aren't elite and we don't have linebackers that are great in coverage.

I think it's more of a problem of going from man coverage to zone. Add in we are only 5 games into a season. We are still learning this defense.

I'll stick with barring injuries I expect to team to get better every week. Defense will learn and become more comfortable with the new schemes as the weeks go by. O-line is getting better every week.

Luckily our division is stinking it up right now... So we are still in at while we go through the growing pains of rookies and scheme change

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true about our coverage in the middle but then again you have to get some sort of pressure. To me the biggest play of the game besides Romos pick, was the 3rd and 10 conversion to Moreno when it was 48-41. Im not sure why our LBs and Safeties were dropping backwards and a blitz was called. If Peyton sees a blitz he gets rid of it quick. I think if you send a blitz you have to trust that someone is going to get home. Maybe I just dont understand though.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true about our coverage in the middle but then again you have to get some sort of pressure. To me the biggest play of the game besides Romos pick, was the 3rd and 10 conversion to Moreno when it was 48-41. Im not sure why our LBs and Safeties were dropping backwards and a blitz was called. If Peyton sees a blitz he gets rid of it quick. I think if you send a blitz you have to trust that someone is going to get home. Maybe I just dont understand though.

Thats why me and you sit on a couch watching the games ... and dont make millions coaching.

We may question shit ... but neither of us could call every play offense or defense

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why me and you sit on a couch watching the games ... and dont make millions coaching.

We may question shit ... but neither of us could call every play offense or defense

Naw I want to drink beer and watch the game and arm chair coach

I don't need no stinking millions of dollars to be the best Dallas coach in my house :)

For the ones that ride the short bus that's an attempt at humor :whistle: