• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban says fans leaving early hurts recruiting

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody even considered, that maybe Nick saban is bored in Tuscaloosa, and he needs/want's something new/challenge. Hmm has anybody ever thought of that! I mean why was his wife looking at real estate in Austin anyways. Retirement? maybe yes, Austin is made for that.

I think it was suggested earlier that we'll be reading about Saban leading Duke to their second consecutive National Championship in ten years.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody even considered, that maybe Nick saban is bored in Tuscaloosa, and he needs/want's something new/challenge. Hmm has anybody ever thought of that! I mean why was his wife looking at real estate in Austin anyways. Retirement? maybe yes, Austin is made for that.

Has it been considered by anybody? Hell people have talked about him leaving for the last 4 years!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been considered by anybody? Hell people have talked about him leaving for the last 4 years!

You're crazy, nobody's ever talked about it ever as far as I know....

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it has been mentioned but he's talking about the student section which has been almost emptied by halftime. I don't care want you read he is referring to the students. I live here and he has a point. The regular ticket holders are not the problem.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better not get mad at fans for not showing up to a late November game against Chattanooga

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it has been mentioned but he's talking about the student section which has been almost emptied by halftime. I don't care want you read he is referring to the students. I live here and he has a point. The regular ticket holders are not the problem.

Yep the students are the problem. This has been a problem for a while, especially in the upper deck student section. I read somewhere today though that the university is blocking certain student organizations (mostly frats) from going to the game this weekend or something like that. They should reduce the student section to only the lower bowl and 2 or 3 fewer sections in the lower bowl.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with what Saban said honestly. If you're going to buy tickets and go to a game ... then by god sit in the stands and cheer them on. Otherwise, let someone else who is more than willing to stay have your place.

Does it affect recruiting? Probably not so much. Bama is bama, and if people are leaving due to a blowout I think recruits get it. They're still going to get their cupboard full.

Bottom line ... coaches like Saban can't STAND complacency. Whether that be the team ... or the fans. He's not one to take things for granted. And that's a GOOD thing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the students are the problem. This has been a problem for a while, especially in the upper deck student section. I read somewhere today though that the university is blocking certain student organizations (mostly frats) from going to the game this weekend or something like that. They should reduce the student section to only the lower bowl and 2 or 3 fewer sections in the lower bowl.

Sounds like a good idea. I hear a lot of complaining about the student section from other fans, especially the upper and frats.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You heard right.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that fail at sneaking alcohol in leave. Why not sell draft beer at college games?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that on ESPN this morning. Damn, they aren't playing around. About 20 organizations have lost their seats. I admit, I was shocked. Not trying to start anything but we all always hear how big football is in the SEC. Well, damn they have trouble filiing their stadium because the students don't care that's crazy. I can understand it at some level or some universities but BAMA brings the championships, they just won another one last year. You'd think that stadium would be packed no matter who the visiting team is nor the time of the game. Bunch of T-shirt, bandwagon homer fans is what it sounds like. Like I said...you are the flagship of college football, programs wish they have had Bama's championship run. Makes me think of that Skip Bayless Lebron James song.....disrespectful, disrespectful, disrespectful....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is embarrassing for Alabama.
There is really no other way to spin it.

Saban understands the value of presentation to 5-star recruits.
Nothing is more awe inspiring than 100K fans cheering for you.
If the Tide fans want to keep the monstrous freight train running, he needs their help.

If it was alumni driving back to their homes to beat the traffic, that is a bit acceptable and logical.
Alumni Parents with kids cannot simply stay all day and party with the college scene.
A blowout loss helps them maximize their limited time.

But, where are the students needing to go so badly?

Saban is 100% correct to call them out.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is embarrassing for Alabama.
There is really no other way to spin it.

Saban understands the value of presentation to 5-star recruits.
Nothing is more awe inspiring than 100K fans cheering for you.
If the Tide fans want to keep the monstrous freight train running, he needs their help.

If it was alumni driving back to their homes to beat the traffic, that is a bit acceptable and logical.
Alumni Parents with kids cannot simply stay all day and party with the college scene.
A blowout loss helps them maximize their limited time.

But, where are the students needing to go so badly?

Saban is 100% correct to call them out.

^^^^^^^^^^He gets it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people spend their hard earned money to buy tickets. they can do whatever the fuck they want. stfu nick

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people spend their hard earned money to buy tickets. they can do whatever the fuck they want. stfu nick

Its not about the fans that are paying for the tickets, its about the students that are getting them for free and mainly the Fraternities and sororities. gotta love the people willing to comment and not know the story.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about the fans that are paying for the tickets, its about the students that are getting them for free and mainly the Fraternities and sororities. gotta love the people willing to comment and not know the story.

no saban changed his comments after getting blasted in the media the last 2 days

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cause he's known to care about the media.

he doesnt care about the media. that's obvious. the ad at bama cares about their alums/fans​