• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Teams Averaging 80 Plays Per Game Since 2003, By Conference

1.Big 12 (15)
Pac 12 (15)
2.Conference USA (14)
3.Mountain West (9)
4.ACC (5)
Sun Belt (5)
5.WAC (4)
6.MAC (3)
7.AAC/Big East (2)
Big Ten (2)
SEC (2)

You know the interesting thing about this rule would be that is basically is saying football is unsafe to play. Other rules for safety assumed a specific act was unsafe and by eliminating the act the game would be safer. This is saying the play itself is hazardous.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the interesting thing about this rule would be that is basically is saying football is unsafe to play. Other rules for safety assumed a specific act was unsafe and by eliminating the act the game would be safer. This is saying the play itself is hazardous.

"Soccer isn't all that bad they just need to wear protective helmets" - Nick Saban

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing Bo!!! I talk about my team, stick to the subject and get blasted and threatened with a TB appearance and if my experience or history proves itself it would be me and not the instigator!!! Seen it happen many times already. Occupant is such a troll but has the connections I guess? :noidea: There must be a secret fraternity in here that controls everything and equity is not part of their agenda!!!

I don't have "pull" or "connections". I just know a toidy bowl bound poster when I see one. I was simply offering you a little direction. Helping you as it were.

I can't help if you're too stupid to realize that.

Have a rip. Post your little pointed head off for all I care.

The rest of you can pull the wad out as well. Holy shit I've never seen a bigger bunch of touchy nancy boys in all my plorsting days. You gumps are starting to rival the bucknut set...and that's saying a lot. Rawl dayum tawd and all that.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamatee there is no secret conspiracy or sacred fraternity plotting against you.

Your broken record posts suggesting such wears thin however.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach tells it like it is. Pirate Capt fires a broadside right at the Saban garbage barge.

Washington State head coach Mike Leach went off on the proposed rule during a radio interview on WJOX in Birmingham, Alabama, and it was certainly entertaining to listen to.

"It's one of the most mind-numbingly dumb suggestions that I've ever heard and what makes this one even more reprehensible is the fact that it is so transparently self-serving," Leach said. And he was just warming up.

:clap:

Brilliant.

(Sawed off Nicky Saban. LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules Chairman reverses course of 10 second rule:

NCAA Football Rules Committee's Troy Calhoun backtracks on slowdown proposal - ESPN

Troy Calhoun is willing to take measures to slow down college offenses, but only if he sees hard evidence that defending an up-tempo offense creates genuine health risks.

Six days after asserting a rule change would be made "to enhance student-athlete safety by guaranteeing a small window for both teams to substitute," the Air Force coach and NCAA Football Rules Committee chairman backtracked in a conference call with reporters, saying he has seen no such data.

"The key is this: I think the only way that it can or it should become a rule is if it is indeed a safety concern. And that can't be something that's a speculation or a possibility," Calhoun said Tuesday afternoon. "I think there's got to be something empirical there where you realize, 'Yep, this truly is a health matter' in terms of not being able to get a defensive player off the field."

Calhoun said the committee discussed several options, such as adding an extra timeout, that might help prevent player injuries by making it easier for defenses to substitute. He said a trainer from the U.S. Military Academy also addressed the committee regarding a variety of medical issues.

The heated reaction to the rule proposal convinced Calhoun that it would be advisable to have more widespread involvement with his committee, which includes six coaches and six administrators who represent all levels of NCAA football.

"I think what you learn, especially after going through this, is I think you need to have more and more coaches involved in terms of possibilities," Calhoun said. "Probably the other thing too is just, if it really is a safety matter, to have more medical people present too."

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the above quotes with even the chairman admitting he hasn't seen any data supporting the rule proposal I don't see how this can go into effect next year.

My issues are the following:

1. How did it get this damn close to passing without that data?
2. Not only do they need to research this issue thoroughly they need to evaluate how this process works because implementing this rule using the process in place would have been a huge mistake.
3. If there were any improprieties on part of any of the committee members then they need to be held accountable at the committee level and by their member institutions.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the above quotes with even the chairman admitting he hasn't seen any data supporting the rule proposal I don't see how this can go into effect next year.

My issues are the following:

1. How did it get this damn close to passing without that data?
2. Not only do they need to research this issue thoroughly they need to evaluate how this process works because implementing this rule using the process in place would have been a huge mistake.
3. If there were any improprieties on part of any of the committee members then they need to be held accountable at the committee level and by their member institutions.

-
Let me interpret for all of you that do not know WT, he wants them to throw Saban's midget ass in jail.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me summarize:

Saban is the best and would not try to find any additional edge because that would be an excuse and a bad decision. Besides, the only reason he ever loses is because of his own bad decisions - the other teams don't beat Saban, he beats himself.

Finally, somebody gets it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Hayes over at SportingNews gets it. LOL@ all the simpletons.

Nick Saban looking for help? Not buying it - NCAA Football - Sporting News

what a bunch of Saban ball slobbering rubbish. This has 0 to do with player safety, there is nothing to show that up tempo offenses causes more injuries, and if player safety was the major driving factor in this, then up tempo in the final 2 minutes of each half would have to be stricken too, cause if up tempo offense is dangerous for the other 56 minutes of playing time, it's just as dangerous in those 4 minutes. It's pathetic really.

I also like how the writer brings up that Notre Dame ran an up tempo offense and lost badly...that's cause Notre Dame lucked into going undefeated, were completely outclassed, outmanned, and had no business being in that game.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ku-xlarge.jpg

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Hayes is a Rah Rah writer.
Mack Brown is only one who can fix Texas mess - NCAA Football - Sporting News
And he's the only one who can fix it.
Guess what Mack didn't fix it.

Payback delivered, Tide have little left to prove - NCAA Football - Sporting News
He ran college football's second-best coach out of the SEC, and seized the very life out of every opportunity the BCS has given him.
I'm bewildered, who was this?

Pre-snap read: We're about to find out what Auburn is all about - NCAA Football - Sporting News
It's a completely different animal to go into Tiger Stadium and beat a team that — if not for Nick Saban at Alabama — would have multiple national championships over the past five years.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Let me interpret for all of you that do not know WT, he wants them to throw Saban's midget ass in jail.

Actually I don't have a problem with Saban trying to get what he wants what I can't stand is the members of this committee that tried to abuse their power and let personal objectives get in the way of correct procedures.

Make no mistake this would have passed had it not leaked and the coaches revolted and that is BS. You can't be in this kind of position and abuse that power so I am extremely disappointed in Troy Calhoun and honestly expect much more from a guy that is head of the football team at the United States Air Force Academy that 100% stands for honesty, integrity and honor.

I also have a huge issue with Bret Bielema who misconstrued the position of the AFCA and one could argue out right lied. He should be removed from his position regarding rules in the AFCA immediately.

Saban was just an opportunist and had no official position currently in either of the organizations and was there just giving a coaches opinion for which he is entitled. The others had responsibilities to their organizations and members to appropriately represent them and they failed in that capacity.

But for the record Saban's position is chicken shit.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't have a problem with Saban trying to get what he wants what I can't stand is the members of this committee that tried to abuse their power and let personal objectives get in the way of correct procedures.

Make no mistake this would have passed had it not leaked and the coaches revolted and that is BS. You can't be in this kind of position and abuse that power so I am extremely disappointed in Troy Calhoun and honestly expect much more from a guy that is head of the football team at the United States Air Force Academy that 100% stands for honesty, integrity and honor.

I also have a huge issue with Bret Bielema who misconstrued the position of the AFCA and one could argue out right lied. He should be removed from his position regarding rules in the AFCA immediately.

Saban was just an opportunist and had no official position currently in either of the organizations and was there just giving a coaches opinion for which he is entitled. The others had responsibilities to their organizations and members to appropriately represent them and they failed in that capacity.

But for the record Saban's position is chicken shit.

I don't know much about Troy Calhoun, but I know for a fact that he hates the Texas Longhorns and has always undervoted them when he has a vote in the Coaches Poll.
He must be liked by some coaches, given the position he has attained.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Troy Calhoun, but I know for a fact that he hates the Texas Longhorns and has always undervoted them when he has a vote in the Coaches Poll.

Was liked...don't think he made many new friends the last couple of weeks.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember right that guy doesn't do the Ducks any favors in the CP either