• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban & Bielema behind the kill uptempo offense rule

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out, gotta go impress IBM tomorrow and ride herd on my knuckleheads. Later bitches

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Picking up bad habits from the wrong crowd!

Is that not the cool thing to say around here? There's this Florida state fan you says that, and also says I should bet according to his predictions of a want to make fat stacks of cash. Guy seems legit. :noidea:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck you, pole smoker

reverse-1309955015_smoking_bunny.gif

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule: Offenses that snap the ball before 29 seconds remain on the play clock would receive a 5-yard delay-of-game penalty, except when there is less than 2 minutes left in the 2nd or 4th quarter.

Okay. Lets look at some examples. You're Oregon. You're down by 17 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. What are you doing? You're calling 4 or 5 plays in advance and you're not stopping. You're snapping the ball in under 10 seconds. Trying to score as fast as possible and come back. But with this rule, you'll have to slow down your pace and watch the clock and wait for it to hit 29 before you can snap. Effectively killing your pace, slowing you down, and slowing your momentum at the same time.

4 minutes left. Down by 10. Trying to hurry up. You're a running the ball because the defense is allowing it and you're gaining 10-20 yard chunks. Instead of pushing further and continuing your momentum, you have to stand there and wait for the play clock to hit 29 before you snap it again. The game clock is running while you have wait. This effectively hamstrings teams who are in a hole late in the game.

Lets say there is 6 minutes left in the first half and you want to try to 2 for 1 the other team. Meaning you want 2 possessions before the half ends. But the clock runs while you wait for the play clock to hit 29 seconds, effectively messing up your strategy to a degree, allowing you less time to work with. This cannot happen.

I honestly can't believe they are even talking about this rule. It is the worst thing to ever happen to football. I really do enjoy college football. But sadly, it appears they are going the same way of the NFL. They are going to invent BS rules to keep players "safe." This is the worst I've seen yet though. I'm in utter shock. The game that we love is slowly dying before our eyes. Both NFL and College now. I'm going to make a stance:

If this rule passes, I refuse to watch college football ever again. :lm:

There's no way this rule passes. 0% chance. I refuse to believe it until it happens. Why? Why does all the good in the world have to ruined? Always. Fuck this rule. /Rant