• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SA in the Ring

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Shaun Alexander hoisted the flag last Sunday.

Like most players he was a little miffed when he was cut loose after all he had done for the club but it appears the hatchet's been buried.

Isn't it time we put him in the ring of honor? I think he was as great a Seahawk as Dave Krieg or Jim Zorn, he deserves it don't you think?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is no doubt he deserves to be in the ring of honor.

We can all agree Shaun Alexander was a product of quite possibly the best left side in NFL history with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson, but he still did average 1500 yards a season from 2001-2005, won an MVP and set a record for rushing touchdowns in a season.

During his peak he was statistically the best runningback in Seahawks history and is the only Seahawk player to win an MVP award.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they're waiting for Matt to retire so they can induct them both in an '05 reunion special or something.

I'm on the Russell Wilson wagon 100% but he's got a LONG way to go to beat Matt's team records.

If Matt and Shaun don't make it in I'm gonna assume the ring of honor concept has been abandoned by the team.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta be put in and I think he will be someday soon. He's getting in because he's the career leading rusher for this franchise and its only MVP, and I can't remember the last time that a team with a Ring of Honor or a Hall of Fame didn't induct its all-time leading rusher and only MVP winner. I think that Hutchinson and Mack Strong should go in too, if for no other reason than to appease the folks who think Alexander only accomplished what he did in his career because of his blockers and doesn't really deserve to be in.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Walter Jones been inducted to the Ring? I looked a couple times Sunday and don't remember seeing his name up there.

And yes, Alexander deserves to go in as well. That was a very exciting moment Sunday. I was sitting about 100 feet from the 12th Man flag