• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S-E-C is Oh and Tree

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ess Ay Cee is Oh and Tree

Ess Ay Cee is Oh and Tree

Keep that chant going. :pound:

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's going to get worse. LSU with their depleted squad, and a total cluster fuck coaching staff should be easy pickens for Kansas St. I ain't waiting on any other team to do any good. Alabama shouldbe able to beat Cincy,
Miss St just showed how good their D isn't. Gonna be along bowl season.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are 0-4. But they are undefeated against the FCS teams.
Alabama's SOS takes another hit. Florida, Miss. St., Florida all lose. Cincy may lose, but they will not be scared.
The SEC has 8 games left. It is possible to have 10 (if you count Georgia vs Alabama as two games). The best record they can have is 9-5. It is likely that the SEC will be under .500 in bowl games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post your SEC excuses hear...

They didnt want to be there.
Those were not top tier SEC teams.
It was a down year for those teams.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got beat but to compare the bowl teams as the same as teams that played all season is fucking dumb. Enjoy your moment haters because I'm sure the sec is raising the trophy that matters again.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Announcers have been beating the "so many opt outs" drum in all the SEC losses I've watched.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going with we played a better team. We had some late calls that didn't go our way but the officiating was consistent and fair so there is no excuse to be found in that.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with we played a better team. We had some late calls that didn't go our way but the officiating was consistent and fair so there is no excuse to be found in that.
The no call grounding and holding at end were dream killers...props to you for taking it so well

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no call grounding and holding at end were dream killers...props to you for taking it so well
Thanks much but I saw nothing to get upset about. I do believe the grounding call was missed but that is not an excuse for not playing sound D over the rest of the series/game. When officials call a game consistently, bitching about a missed close call is akin to blaming the weather. "We would have won had it not been raining", like the other team was playing in the dry.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got beat but to compare the bowl teams as the same as teams that played all season is fucking dumb. Enjoy your moment haters because I'm sure the sec is raising the trophy that matters again.
The problem with SEC fans is that when they win the bowl games "it is an indication of the strength of the SEC". When they lose the bowl games, they reach into the bag of excuses of which some were listed.
My favorite was when there were only two teams playing and a top SEC team did not get to play in the championship games. The excuse then was that the team was down because they were so disappointed.
If you don't want to be there, then turn down the invitation.
Georgia and Alabama are consistently excellent. But the middle and bottom of the SEC is no better and no worse than the middle and bottom of the other Power 5 conferences.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise. The SEC is the best football conference, but it's never been incredibly deep. There are just several programs that, when they're up, are really, really up. I'm expecting a Bama/Georgia final, though hoping for the opposite.

But the mid tier of the SEC? Arkansas, Kentucky and down? Nothing special and not significantly different from the other #4 and down teams in other conferences.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise. The SEC is the best football conference, but it's never been incredibly deep. There are just several programs that, when they're up, are really, really up. I'm expecting a Bama/Georgia final, though hoping for the opposite.

But the mid tier of the SEC? Arkansas, Kentucky and down? Nothing special and not significantly different from the other #4 and down teams in other conferences.
I agree. The problem arises when the top SEC teams get the benefit of media bias for having the "best" SOS. When in fact they don't.
Oklahoma State had at the end of the year the 8th toughest SOS (none of the 4 playoff teams were in the top 10). But had Oklahoma State beat Baylor they would have replaced Cincy and not Georgia.
The SECs strength of schedule is taking a hit right now. Remains to be seen how the rest of the games go. My prediction is that the SEC will be 500 or worse with 2 wins and 1 loss coming from the playoff is Alabama and Georgia advance to the championship game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? I only care about one game coming up, and its not hard to know which one. If we win that one, then I will only care about one game after that. This conference bullshit always amazes me. The SEC has some good teams at the top, but its not deep.