• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryder Cup Day 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning 4 Ball we kicked some butt.

Shame we could Fowler/Walker couldn't bring a full point to the house, but a half is not bad anytime vs a team with Rory on it, because they're looking for full point everytime he goes out.

Great pitch in by Poulter in that one.

No Phil/Keegan this afternoon...back to 4somes again...hopefully we don't lose much ground as the Euros always seem to do better in this alternate shot format.

All in all US 5.5 Euros 6.5 not bad heading into 4somes.

Early in the afternoon down in 2 matches, AS in one, and we're up in a one.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US team fading fast. If Europe goes 3-1 this afternoon then there will be no reason to watch tomorrow.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US team fading fast. If Europe goes 3-1 this afternoon then there will be no reason to watch tomorrow.

Yep - terrible in the afternoon both days.

I agree that there is not much hope at this time. The only reason to have possible hope is that this was the same position Europe was in 2 years ago, and they won. However - they appear to have better players who play well in clutch situations so I would not expect something similar to happen.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that there is not much hope at this time. The only reason to have possible hope is that this was the same position Europe was in 2 years ago, and they won. However - they appear to have better players who play well in clutch situations so I would not expect something similar to happen.

It set up perfectly for me too with the Bengals having a bye tomorrow.....oh well

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alternate shot format offered up 8 points...of those the Euros garnered 7, the USA...1.

Enough said.....until the next captain can figure out 4somes...the Euros will keep the Cup.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alternate shot format offered up 8 points...of those the Euros garnered 7, the USA...1.

Enough said.....until the next captain can figure out 4somes...the Euros will keep the Cup.

Mickelson blasts US captain Tom Watson after Ryder Cup benching | New York Post

Looks like Michelson was a bit irked at the way the team was handled over the weekend. Watson certainly wasn't the main reason that the team lost, but he certainly didn't help. For the most part Europe is just more talented at this time. Even some of their lesser players played lights out at times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickelson blasts US captain Tom Watson after Ryder Cup benching | New York Post

Looks like Michelson was a bit irked at the way the team was handled over the weekend. Watson certainly wasn't the main reason that the team lost, but he certainly didn't help. For the most part Europe is just more talented at this time. Even some of their lesser players played lights out at times.

Yep...when you get beat that soundly in golf talent is a factor, but Phil has a legit beef imo.

No way do you hold him out all day on Sat. when he's delivered a point with Bradley...I guess speeches matter on some level, but the pairings is really the only real input the captain has and apparently he didn't take any input from the players according to Phil.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally dislike Michelson. Dude should just shut up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...you don't like him, that's cool, but being held out for the morning and afternoon on Sat. was BS...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you leave Mickelson off of Alternate shot is my question? I mean, who wouldn't want lefty as a partner with all the shots he can hit?

Puzzling

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyable beatdown. Watson had some puzzling decisions - yes resting Phil for the whole day instead of one session - but the reality is that the Euros simply have better players. There is nobody on Rory's level, and I think I'd say the same thing about Kaymer.

Not only do they have better players, but the best american players for a good two decades simply don't pull in the points the way the top guys from across the pond do. Perhaps there is something to do with American individualism vs European collectivism when it comes to the Ryder Cup. I don't buy this Azinger/pod system either, but at this point, the US has to fall back on something....anything.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyable beatdown. Watson had some puzzling decisions - yes resting Phil for the whole day instead of one session - but the reality is that the Euros simply have better players. There is nobody on Rory's level, and I think I'd say the same thing about Kaymer.

Not only do they have better players, but the best american players for a good two decades simply don't pull in the points the way the top guys from across the pond do. Perhaps there is something to do with American individualism vs European collectivism when it comes to the Ryder Cup. I don't buy this Azinger/pod system either, but at this point, the US has to fall back on something....anything.

Rory is at another level (even though he couldn't chase down a 1st time winner @ the Dunhill), and Kaymer, Stenson have had very good streaks...aside from those 3 the talent was not as lopsided as we may think.

No secret formulas here...the US simply has to play better @ 4somes...do that and they have a shot to win the next cup...if they don't...they won't.