• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Williams

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Money is still on Williams if he is healthy and an pick up blockers in the backfield .............

JMHO time will tell I'm really looking forward to this season !

I've said all offseason to keep an eye on him so I'm not going to disagree with you, but I really think it's a 4 way race for snaps right now.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about the big seasons for a second. Did you watch him play last year? The year before? He's done IMO. I have no problem bringing in Johnson or anyone else to compete as long as there is no guaranteed money, but I don't know if he could beat any of these guys out based on what he has done lately

I did not watch Johnson play last year and I am not of the belief that he is still "CJ2K" either. Just looking at the trends, Johnson is a much better bet to do something than McFadden. And Williams has no real track record at all, aside from being injured. Randle, he showed flashes last year and could be an asset, but he hasn't proven it yet. Johnson on the other hand has gone for over 1,000 yards in every season except 2014, where he was relegated to a back up role, but still managed a 4.3ypc. When was the last time McFadden averaged more than 3.5ypc?

Also, consider the durability factor. McFadden, Dunbar and Williams are all injury concerns. Johnson has remained relatively injury free during his career.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I think McFadden is much better. Just don't see CJ as an answer and McFadden is already here, is younger and has had half the carries in his career so going FORWARD if you made me pick I'd say he is a little more likely to be good. At least with McFadden I can hope it was injury related. With CJ, I am at a loss for what happened.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of talent I still think McFadden is the best of the bunch. His health as always will be the determining factor but the guy has shown flashes of being a real player in his career. You have to factor in that his entire career he was on bad Oakland teams. No offensive line means he was getting hit in the backfield a lot, no QB or talent at wideout means teams were stacking the box against him. He's never had a real chance to be anything more than mediocre to bad. We'll find out if he was a victim of circumstance.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of talent I still think McFadden is the best of the bunch. His health as always will be the determining factor but the guy has shown flashes of being a real player in his career. You have to factor in that his entire career he was on bad Oakland teams. No offensive line means he was getting hit in the backfield a lot, no QB or talent at wideout means teams were stacking the box against him. He's never had a real chance to be anything more than mediocre to bad. We'll find out if he was a victim of circumstance.

I know we all want to think he comes to Dallas and becomes good because of the above, but here is the problem with that. Did the team and line get better when Latavious Murray came into the game in 2014? How about Rashad Jennings or Marcel Reese in 2013? Or Reese or Goodson in 2012?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all want to think he comes to Dallas and becomes good because of the above, but here is the problem with that. Did the team and line get better when Latavious Murray came into the game in 2014? How about Rashad Jennings or Marcel Reese in 2013? Or Reese or Goodson in 2012?

Oakland's offense ranked 32 in the league in 2014. 23rd in 2013, 18 in 2012. so starting 2012 they seem to have gotten worse

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland's offense ranked 32 in the league in 2014. 23rd in 2013, 18 in 2012. so starting 2012 they seem to have gotten worse

you lost me. The point was in the same years and behind the same OLs those other players all outperformed McFadden by a lot so his poor performance had little to do with Oakland's Offense or OL

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one year that DMC was killing it, he also happened to get hurt around week 7 of said year. I can't remember if that was his Lis Franc injury year or not, but he had some huge numbers through 6 weeks.