• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Clark tutors Rambo after game

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope he listened. At this rate he will average a "whiff" a few times a game, and that can't be good for anyone.

SeanTaylor21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's great advice for Rambo.....I mean FS is a tough position to get used to as a rookie in the NFL, so I expect him to make some mistakes as the speed is a lot different than college. But he'll make his share of plays as well. Just like he made a whiff at the rb, the next play he came down the line and forced a fumble. Just give the kid some time to get adjusted....I remember when Ryan Clark played here the first year he made his share of mistakes early on but got his sh*t together as the season progressed...it's all about reps and learning from your mistakes.

Hail!!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should ease Rambo in the first few weeks... kid is making a ton of mental mistakes so far. I can accept the physical mistakes however...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear. I forewarned everyone to be patient with these guys. To expect all of these young players to shine starting in game 1 is ridiculous. The guy was drafted in the 6th round which generally means that he is a project & falls short in some area. He will no doubt have good & bad plays this season & hopefully develops over time.

HTTR

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect to see a large dose of Doughty early on this year, especially on 1st and second down. Rambo will be on the field in obvious passing situations until he can figure things out a bit better.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect to see a large dose of Doughty early on this year, especially on 1st and second down. Rambo will be on the field in obvious passing situations until he can figure things out a bit better.

Much to the dismay of our old buddy Justus!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot about him......imagine that. So he didn't make it over, I guess?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may see a heavy dose of doughty except it will be in place of merriweather

we should keep rambo in place and let him round into shape

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a number of times on the old ESPN boards that you can't just award guys positions because they were drafted. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think any of the young guys are ready to start full time. I think we'll see them in situations. Right now coaches aren't game planning against those young guys but they will when regular season starts. j_y might be right. We might see Doughty on running downs and Rambo on passing downs. Not sure how much I think Amerson will play or if he starts yet.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as a running down anymore. Every down is a passing down.

Rambo will start week 1 and Amerson will either start or come in nickel situations on the outside.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a number of times on the old ESPN boards that you can't just award guys positions because they were drafted. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think any of the young guys are ready to start full time. I think we'll see them in situations. Right now coaches aren't game planning against those young guys but they will when regular season starts. j_y might be right. We might see Doughty on running downs and Rambo on passing downs. Not sure how much I think Amerson will play or if he starts yet.

Why in the world do you think Rambo was awarded a starting position because he was drafted? When have you seen Shanahan do that other than RG3? Have you seen the competition at FS? You do realize that Rambo has done very well in practice and camp?

Amerson has been the big buz in camp. He could start by seasons end.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw from Rambo this time was hesitation. He looked like he thought too much on the missed tackle in the Steelers game. He didn't necessarily take a bad angle but held his ground too long and just didn't attack. These are rookie mistakes. The game needs to slow down, he needs to get comfortable so he is doing more reacting and less reading. It will come.

Fortunately the pass rush is looking awesome so that takes pressure off of the secondary.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take time for Rambo and the other rooks to develop. We need to implement Operation Patience on our secondary. The speed of the game is still being learned. Hopefully we will see better play in the next 2 preseason games. Get the mistakes out of your systems now boys! It counts soon.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is losing his blitz effectiveness and open field tackling effectiveness by coming in too fast and too high. They will drill the shit out of him on this.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People shouldn't expect too much from our rookie DB's it's a learning process....
I look for improvement every game but don't plan on seeing much consistency till at least mid season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People shouldn't expect too much from our rookie DB's it's a learning process....
I look for improvement every game but don't plan on seeing much consistency till at least mid season.

And this is why I think we will see a large dose of Doughty early in the year. He may even start. Rambo has skills, but also big holes. He needs some time to work them out. Use him in obvious passing situations, clearly he is better than Reed in coverage and have the guy work on tackling technique at every practice using thompson as an open field runner. If he can learn to bring that guy down in the open field, he can tackle anyone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I think we will see a large dose of Doughty early in the year. He may even start. Rambo has skills, but also big holes. He needs some time to work them out. Use him in obvious passing situations, clearly he is better than Reed in coverage and have the guy work on tackling technique at every practice using thompson as an open field runner. If he can learn to bring that guy down in the open field, he can tackle anyone.

if doughty starts it will be for merriweather in my opinion . i think you live with rambo's learning curve rather then get torched threw the air with doughty

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doughty dropping back in coverage as our free safety? nah, look for him to start at ss if merriweather goes down.