• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Braun post PED's

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this seriously a topic of discussion? Do any of you guys do your research before posting these things?

Braun has been dealing with a nerve issue in his hand that affects his swing. It's a big reason why he missed so much time last year before being suspended.

Ryan Braun opted not to have thumb surgery during PED suspension - CBSSports.com

As for this year, Braun is still dealing with the nerve issue and I know they said surgery could be an option, but that would shelve him for at least two months. If the Brewers lost Braun for two months, would they be able to hold serve in the NL Central for two months? It's an interesting question. The Brewers weren't exactly world beaters without him last year. Braun said in the article I just posted that he isn't too keen on having surgery so I expected him to play with the injury and see how it goes. It is affecting his power numbers to some extent. He can still hit for some power, but he seems to be more of an opposite field contact hitter now. Before anyone says, "that's just an excuse," I'd say missing 23 games this season and a month last season before the PED suspension says otherwise.

Even if he didn't have the nerve issue, I certainly wouldn't complain about having a .290 hitter with 14 HRs 61 RBIs and a .504 SLG% on my team. I mean shit, those are still pretty damn good numbers. Sure, they weren't MVP numbers like he was putting up in 2010 and 2011, but they're certainly not numbers to scoff at. He does lead the team in RBIs and SLG%, only behind Lucroy, Gennett, and Gomez in average and third on the team in home runs only behind Reynolds and Davis. I'll hold out on Braun's average a bit too considering he was hitting .300 before that abysmal road trip to Tampa where he went 0-for-12. His BA dropped 10 points because of that bad road trip. He seems to hit fairly well in St. Louis and is hitting .333 against the Cards this year, so we'll see how that goes.

...are you guys really still hung up about the whole Braun thing? Don't you guys have better things to do? We've got all this stuff going on in MLB right now and you're still hung up on the Braun thing? Really?

7509c003b5407355021286106572cb9bbcd2c8bdc2d1b894414147ffd4d8cbe4.jpg

Another excuse maker. Imagine if Braun still could use PED's and how much his body would heal. We get it you are a homer that cant handle that your hero was and is a lieing cheating piece of shit. Quit making excuses for the guy because you sound just like Braun.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers dont lie. On PED's and post PED's big difference. Facts are facts so just deal with the fact your boyfriend is an above average MLB player now and isnt great. .287 batting avg. 9 sb's only .338 on base % terrible 14 hr. LOL. Give it up bro. Just remeber if this was Molina on the Cards you would be posting the same shit. You damn homers really are fucken stupid. Cheer for that bum some more. Just saying.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PEDs is the difference between star players spending time on the DL or healing quickly? Give that man PEDs!

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers dont lie. On PED's and post PED's big difference. Facts are facts so just deal with the fact your boyfriend is an above average MLB player now and isnt great. .287 batting avg. 9 sb's only .338 on base % terrible 14 hr. LOL. Give it up bro. Just remeber if this was Molina on the Cards you would be posting the same shit. You damn homers really are fucken stupid. Cheer for that bum some more. Just saying.

Oh really? So if a guy is playing hurt, no matter what the situation, it's excuse making. I'd like try and see you swing a bat with a numb thumb and see how well you do.

The fact that you're calling Braun my boyfriend just goes to show how much immaturity you have. All I did was post stats and links to back up my points about Braun. To be honest, I really don't give a shit about who did and didn't take PEDs. I don't even hate A-Rod. To get so worked up about who did and didn't is just stupid.

...and this my friends is why I can't stand baseball fans. Whiny, immature pricks that you can't hold a thought provoking conversations with because they're too hell bent on following "unwritten rules" and the mindset that "PED users are terrible human beings that make Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler look like saints." Then again, considering this is a sports forum, I shouldn't expect quality conversation from someone that doesn't know how verbs work.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another excuse maker. Imagine if Braun still could use PED's and how much his body would heal. We get it you are a homer that cant handle that your hero was and is a lieing cheating piece of shit. Quit making excuses for the guy because you sound just like Braun.

Even if that were the case, if PEDs are this "miracle drug that can magically heal injuries," why not allow it if that's the case?

Also, you don't know me. Yes, I'm a Brewers fan. No, I don't consider Braun my hero. True heroes are people that are willing to put their life on the line to save people, whether it be wars or running into a burning building to save people. I can't stand people that call sports icons "heroes" because it gives the word "hero" a bad name.

I can't handle that Braun was a lying, cheating piece of shit, huh? I don't think you can handle logic. I sound like Braun, huh? You know what you sound like? A 12 year old kid with the maturity of an 8 year old and the intelligence of a 6 year old who can't get over something that happened two years ago. Oh? Somebody disagrees with you? Might as well ignore all the facts presented in the argument and just call that person names. That'll show 'em for standing up for a PED user!

:lame:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun is one of my least favorite people and even I'll admit that in 2014 the thumb is affecting his power numbers and hitting approach.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun is one of my least favorite people and even I'll admit that in 2014 the thumb is affecting his power numbers and hitting approach.

People can feel about Braun however they want, but I just get a laugh at these people that claim, "Braun's power numbers are down, so it MUST be because he was on PEDs!" Nobody even said a peep about the thumb issue, so I brought it up. At least someone else sees that the thumb is a big issue with his current batting technique. Although, I suppose the reason why no one brought it up is because no one wanted to deal with all these children crying "bullshit" and "excuses" without even thinking it's a possibility.

I just get a laugh at all these people that are bashing Braun. It's funny how no one seems to mention Matt Kemp. Is it because of injury? If that's the case, how come Kemp gets a pass in the injury department and not Braun? I mean shit, look at the numbers...

Braun 87 games 349 AB 101 hits 51 runs 14 HR 63 RBI 9 SB .289 BA .341 OBP .510 SLG .851 OPS
Kemp 99 games 349 AB 99 hits 42 runs 11 HR 46 RBI 5 SB .284 BA .351 OBP .458 SLG .809 OPS

Both the same amount of ABs, yet, Braun puts up better numbers in every department except OBP. The reason I bring up Kemp is because I remember everyone and their mother said that Braun's 2011 MVP trophy should be stripped and given to Kemp. Yet, everyone who claims Kemp "was a clean player" has had steadily declining numbers as well. I find it funny that both players have had similar trajectories. Both suffered injuries, both had 2013 seasons to forget (Kemp's due to injury, Braun due to injury and suspension), and this year, both guys seem to be playing decent, but Braun is still putting up superior numbers.

I really don't know why I even respond to these tools (not referring to you Gannon). They're still going to feign ignorance no matter what sort of evidence you present them with.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Braun's numbers in 2011. In 2011 33hr 111rbi 33sb .332 batting avg. .397 on base % .597 slugging %. This year .289 batting avg. 14 hr 61 rbi .507 slugging 9 sb's .342 on base %. Yet people tell me PED's dont matter and tell me to quit being a hater.

Are you insinuating that Performance Enhancing Drugs... enhance performance?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can feel about Braun however they want, but I just get a laugh at these people that claim, "Braun's power numbers are down, so it MUST be because he was on PEDs!" Nobody even said a peep about the thumb issue, so I brought it up. At least someone else sees that the thumb is a big issue with his current batting technique. Although, I suppose the reason why no one brought it up is because no one wanted to deal with all these children crying "bullshit" and "excuses" without even thinking it's a possibility.

I just get a laugh at all these people that are bashing Braun. It's funny how no one seems to mention Matt Kemp. Is it because of injury? If that's the case, how come Kemp gets a pass in the injury department and not Braun? I mean shit, look at the numbers...

Braun 87 games 349 AB 101 hits 51 runs 14 HR 63 RBI 9 SB .289 BA .341 OBP .510 SLG .851 OPS
Kemp 99 games 349 AB 99 hits 42 runs 11 HR 46 RBI 5 SB .284 BA .351 OBP .458 SLG .809 OPS

Both the same amount of ABs, yet, Braun puts up better numbers in every department except OBP. The reason I bring up Kemp is because I remember everyone and their mother said that Braun's 2011 MVP trophy should be stripped and given to Kemp. Yet, everyone who claims Kemp "was a clean player" has had steadily declining numbers as well. I find it funny that both players have had similar trajectories. Both suffered injuries, both had 2013 seasons to forget (Kemp's due to injury, Braun due to injury and suspension), and this year, both guys seem to be playing decent, but Braun is still putting up superior numbers.

I really don't know why I even respond to these tools (not referring to you Gannon). They're still going to feign ignorance no matter what sort of evidence you present them with.

Kemp may have used PED's but Braun failed a test, lied about using, admitted to using, made idiot fans like yourself look stupid, and his numbers arent of an elite power hitter anymore. Hell he most likely wont steal 20 bases this year. Facts are facts and I know you want to believe in your hero Braun but Ive grown up and dont think of athletes as heros. Mentioning of ignorance with evidence. Just look at the numbers and I mean all of them compared to 2011 and 2012. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? So if a guy is playing hurt, no matter what the situation, it's excuse making. I'd like try and see you swing a bat with a numb thumb and see how well you do.

The fact that you're calling Braun my boyfriend just goes to show how much immaturity you have. All I did was post stats and links to back up my points about Braun. To be honest, I really don't give a shit about who did and didn't take PEDs. I don't even hate A-Rod. To get so worked up about who did and didn't is just stupid.

...and this my friends is why I can't stand baseball fans. Whiny, immature pricks that you can't hold a thought provoking conversations with because they're too hell bent on following "unwritten rules" and the mindset that "PED users are terrible human beings that make Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler look like saints." Then again, considering this is a sports forum, I shouldn't expect quality conversation from someone that doesn't know how verbs work.

The fact you compare Braun to Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler makes you one sick person. Plus this is a sports forum. Please seek help and Im willing to pay for it. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant stand baseball fans but yet post on a MLB forum. Who is the ignorant one now? Good day and good riddance. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Braun ended up with a .266 average, 19 hr, 81 rbi 11sb and didnt show up late in the season when the Brewers needed him most. PED's did wonders for him in the past. Just saying.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like things really went in reversal in the 2nd half...Kemp had an excellent 2nd half offensively while Braun struggled, and Kemp ended up top 10 in the NL in SLG, OPS, HR, total bases, RBI.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to use the Braun wrist issue as an excuse but anyone that has a clue knows if he still had PED's it wouldnt be an issue. Just saying.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you think its still Braun's wrist? What are the excuses now? I told you all the guy is an average player at best with out roids. Hell this is year he hasn't even been average. I hate to say I told ya so but I told ya so. I'm usually right. Ryan Braun Stats, News, Pictures, Bio, Videos - Milwaukee Brewers - ESPN Wow great numbers Braun. Accept it and have a great day!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Braun ended up with a .266 average, 19 hr, 81 rbi 11sb and didnt show up late in the season when the Brewers needed him most. PED's did wonders for him in the past. Just saying.
It just goes to show that you get better baseball with players on PED's or better baseball through chemistry.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus wasn't an apologist for Braun, and was pretty level headed about it. Dyhard was simply an idiot. Not sure if it was the drugs or blind homerism.
Reminds me of your blind homerism for the Twins..... :dhd: