• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ruth Langmore vs Beth Dutton

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you have to watch Ozark and Yellowstone to know who these women characters are. Definitely 2 of my favorite female characters of any TV show in history. I rank them right up there with Abbye Ewing from Knots Landing. With that being said , which character did you like better ? Obviously many will give the looks to Beth, even though little Ruth cleaned up cute. As far as which one could spit more venom though , Im not sure. Loved them both.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally find Beth very unattractive. She has dead eyes. Ruth, however is very WT, but she has a tight little body. Neither makes any top ## lists, but between the two, I would probably have to go with Ruth. Besides, the scars that Beth have would be kinda puke-inducing (although, you wouldn’t need to wrap it up when rolling around with her).

As far as them as people…

Beth is driven by a deep hatred. Everything is a result of that hatred. She is very good in business matters, but she goes scorched earth to such an extreme that she invites everyone she crosses to become a blood rival who will stop at nothing to gain revenge against her.

Ruth, at her core, is a really good, sweet girl who is SUPER smart. She unfortunately comes from a horrible family and has no education. Being smart with no education can be dangerous, though. Her love for her family, along with her educational ignorance, ultimately proves to be her downfall.

Both woman are not people you really want to cross. But if you don’t become an adversary to Ruth, she is a very good person. Beth this just evil. But you kinda understand WHY she is evil.

IMHO, Ruth a much more rich, layered character. Beth is too much of a “bull in a China shop” character.

Last edited:

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to lead toward Ruth. Her character started out quiet but once she got rolling she was a spitfire. Beth being driven, she is just an asshole. Lord help Rip to control himself married to her.

Now if we were to monitor the F bombs, Ruth wins hands down.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies. I really wasnt meaning anything about their looks. I mean they made Beth to look sexy. Ruth was not made to be that way. She did have a tight little body though but she did once say she didnt know shit about fuck. Great line. I just thought both shows were great and i enjoyed both characters. I probably exaggerated a bit on them being my favorite female characters, but once i think about it hell they may be.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruth forsure.

Beth is a good character but a bit over the top at times with how aggressive she is. As mentioned before Ruth had a lot more layers and development. Which made her more engaging and rootable.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I'm in a room with either is if they are muzzled. Ruth's voice is annoying af. Beth is almost as bad, just 9 octaves lower.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm in the minority here but I'd go with Beth. I find her character a lot more interesting & entertaining. Ruth may be street smart & became business savvy, but she's not on Beth's power level. Both have shown plenty of aptitude towards scheming, but I think Beth is just straight up merciless. I'd be interested to see who could win in a battle of wits. I'd lean towards Beth to be honest.

Ruth may be more appealing to audiences though because you know underneath it all she has a good heart. Beth is just a stick of dynamite.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beth deserves an award for acting cause she plays a real bitch.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm in the minority here but I'd go with Beth. I find her character a lot more interesting & entertaining. Ruth may be street smart & became business savvy, but she's not on Beth's power level. Both have shown plenty of aptitude towards scheming, but I think Beth is just straight up merciless. I'd be interested to see who could win in a battle of wits. I'd lean towards Beth to be honest.

Ruth may be more appealing to audiences though because you know underneath it all she has a good heart. Beth is just a stick of dynamite.
Beth is older, more established and has an education and comes from a family with power. She was able to square up with her opponent and trade punches.

Ruth is younger with no education from a poor, destitute family. She was able to fight because no one saw her coming. She had and used the element of surprise (knowingly or not) in order to win her battles.

Of course Beth would/should win a heads up battle between the two.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beth was a little too over the top for me and not really believable in some of the shit she did. Her fight scenes did nothing for me, especially with John's hippie chick. Her takeover of the land acquisition company wasn't believable at all.

I think I sympathized with Ruth more, had more comedy in her role. Had some great lines, loved the Illmatic episode. The writers made sure to keep her beat down so you rooted for her, tugged on your heart strings a bit.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beth was a little too over the top for me and not really believable in some of the shit she did. Her fight scenes did nothing for me, especially with John's hippie chick. Her takeover of the land acquisition company wasn't believable at all.

I think I sympathized with Ruth more, had more comedy in her role. Had some great lines, loved the Illmatic episode. The writers made sure to keep her beat down so you rooted for her, tugged on your heart strings a bit.

My girl Beth had some lines too. I loved when she told the one guy she always knew he had it taped to his sock.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beth is older, more established and has an education and comes from a family with power. She was able to square up with her opponent and trade punches.

Ruth is younger with no education from a poor, destitute family. She was able to fight because no one saw her coming. She had and used the element of surprise (knowingly or not) in order to win her battles.

Of course Beth would/should win a heads up battle between the two.

She not only traded punches. She destroyed that poor girl. Ive seen that girl n something before. Maybe Cheaper by the Dozen ?? Movie with Steve Martin.

Am i the only one that finds Beth attractive ??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she,s good looking when she is silent.

She is a little too emotional for me. She cries a lot. Im on season 5 now. John ( Costner) was talking to Rip and said he envied her because she was so free. Maybe i musunderstood that part because she carries baggage from the past hard.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She not only traded punches. She destroyed that poor girl. Ive seen that girl n something before. Maybe Cheaper by the Dozen ?? Movie with Steve Martin.

Am i the only one that finds Beth attractive ??
She has dead eyes and she moves her mouth in an almost Sly Stallone manner.

I do not find her attractive in the slightest. The whole tub scene was just awkward. No “excitement” at all.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She has dead eyes and she moves her mouth in an almost Sly Stallone manner.

I do not find her attractive in the slightest. The whole tub scene was just awkward. No “excitement” at all.
Its when she has her shirt unbuttoned and her chest is showing for me.

Now in the episode i saw last night , Jamie got him a fine piece.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think jamie will grow a pair and stand up to the duttons?