• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson: The most overrated player in the NFL

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hating on seattle is nothing new and I'm sure isn't going away any time soon. Hell, doesn't most of the country think of us as more Alaska south than a full fledged member of the country anyway? :whistle:

What's sad to me is that many Seattle fans are still the chip on their shoulders upset about no respect kind of people even after they FINALLY have a team that won it all. Wonder what it will take for them to finally feel like they get respect because maybe they haven't seen that fans dump on NE, GB, and other successful teams all the time. It's what people do.

I like Seattle but cant root for Canadian teams

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A jealous Cowboy fan post always makes for an entertaining thread.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how when perception meets reality, the person often still chooses perception.

Some people cannot come to terms with RW being a good qb. And Seattle not making the playoffs this year? Seriously???? The Seahawks have an extremely young roster and kept it practically completely intact from last season. The Seahawks should be that much more nastier this upcoming year.

RW is a great qb that has accomplished everything that has been asked of him so far. We don't yet know what his limitations are. If I won a checkers tournament that was only me and a bunch of little kids, and I crush them (And I would!) that doesn't make me a shitty checkers player somehow. But it also doesn't automatically make me an awesome checkers player. But that doesn't change the fact that I am the Richard Sherman of checkers and everyone else is just mediocre.

All I'm saying is that RW may very well be the Richard Sherman of QB's :nod:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you show up! (I've been dragging #3's good name thru the mud for days in here.)

I've been on a long hiatus. BTW- You might want to be nice to #3. You saw what happened to the lions last year when you tried to bury him with your harsh words.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how when perception meets reality, the person often still chooses perception.

Some people cannot come to terms with RW being a good qb. And Seattle not making the playoffs this year? Seriously???? The Seahawks have an extremely young roster and kept it practically completely intact from last season. The Seahawks should be that much more nastier this upcoming year.

RW is a great qb that has accomplished everything that has been asked of him so far. We don't yet know what his limitations are. If I won a checkers tournament that was only me and a bunch of little kids, and I crush them (And I would!) that doesn't make me a shitty checkers player somehow. But it also doesn't automatically make me an awesome checkers player. But that doesn't change the fact that I am the Richard Sherman of checkers and everyone else is just mediocre.

All I'm saying is that RW may very well be the Richard Sherman of QB's :nod:

And you lost me.

But I LOL:D at the bolded.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that is what I was thinking. I will say I am very interested after this next season where they will have quite a few very highly paid players what will happen but yeah just going to stay away from this one and sit back and watch.

I've noticed how defensive (and offensive) Seahawks fans have been since winning the SB, some even stating that a new dynasty has been born (no I will not link - just paraphrasing the hype from fans). I really don't think they can see the decline of their team when it does happen because of the homer goggles... But then again, I was in denial until 1989. I don't foresee any real drop off of their play this season, but like you insinuate, once their defense starts getting picked apart by FA their team will decline. That's when we will see if their QB is really that good. I personally think he is average at best, but what do I know?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed how defensive (and offensive) Seahawks fans have been since winning the SB, some even stating that a new dynasty has been born (no I will not link - just paraphrasing the hype from fans). I really don't think they can see the decline of their team when it does happen because of the homer goggles... But then again, I was in denial until 1989. I don't foresee any real drop off of their play this season, but like you insinuate, once their defense starts getting picked apart by FA their team will decline. That's when we will see if their QB is really that good. I personally think he is average at best, but what do I know?

It's their first one and they don't know how to act. They think they will win it every year. The fact is, losing all the role players they have and having to overpay their own people will take a toll. They spout off about Russell Wilson. I'm pretty sure after Aaron Rodgers won his first Super Bowl, Packers fan thought there would be many more to come, at least one more for sure. Aaron Rodgers is better than Russell Wilson will ever be, but without other key players, the Pack haven't gotten back, despite having the best QB in the league. It's hard to win one, but two or three? Only a few teams in the last 30 years can speak to that

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Wilson is being rated above a lot of other QB's because his team won a ring. Plain and simple

I agree with that. It happened with Flacco after the Ravens won the SB as well, and see what happened there. Seattle fans need to take a good look at that team to see their future.

Just saying.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. It happened with Flacco after the Ravens won the SB as well, and see what happened there. Seattle fans need to take a good look at that team to see their future.

Just saying.

Ok, So who on the Seahawks is Ray Lewis and Ed Reed who retired or left (should of retired) after the superbowl? Because the Seahawks best defenders are still young and locked up. ET, Sherm, Chancellor, Bennett all young and locked up for years.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, So who on the Seahawks is Ray Lewis and Ed Reed who retired or left (should of retired) after the superbowl? Because the Seahawks best defenders are still young and locked up. ET, Sherm, Chancellor, Bennett all young and locked up for years.

The reason Seahawks fans grip so hard on trying to make Russell Wilson into an elite QB, is because if he isn't, the Niners and Rams are their equal. When Bradford went out, he had 14 TD's and 4 picks, and he didn't have Lynch to hand it to. If Bradford can't stay healthy, it's mute, but if he can, he is as good as Wilson is. Now look at the rest of their rosters. RB-Seattle. OL-Rams. WR-Seattle(when Bailey gets back, it's a push). TE-Rams. DT-Rams. DE Rams. LB-Push. CB-Seattle S-Seattle. Special Teams-Push. Coaching-Push

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Seahawks fans grip so hard on trying to make Russell Wilson into an elite QB, is because if he isn't, the Niners and Rams are their equal. When Bradford went out, he had 14 TD's and 4 picks, and he didn't have Lynch to hand it to. If Bradford can't stay healthy, it's mute, but if he can, he is as good as Wilson is. Now look at the rest of their rosters. RB-Seattle. OL-Rams. WR-Seattle(when Bailey gets back, it's a push). TE-Rams. DT-Rams. DE Rams. LB-Push. CB-Seattle S-Seattle. Special Teams-Push. Coaching-Push

So your ducking question, good.

Fact is the Ravens were an old roster that had one last great shot at it. Seattle had one of the youngest rosters in the league last year. Have super stars who are just entering their prime and will be around for a while. Alot of you especially the op do not like that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your ducking question, good.

Fact is the Ravens were an old roster that had one last great shot at it. Seattle had one of the youngest rosters in the league last year. Have super stars who are just entering their prime and will be around for a while. Alot of you especially the op do not like that.
He is the OP . Please stop the drunk posting. :L

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have RW ranked at the #12 spot before this new season but he will climb up...I'm sure that. He has the talent, the work ethic and the skills to be much better if they put a better OL in front of him.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's their first one and they don't know how to act. They think they will win it every year. The fact is, losing all the role players they have and having to overpay their own people will take a toll. They spout off about Russell Wilson. I'm pretty sure after Aaron Rodgers won his first Super Bowl, Packers fan thought there would be many more to come, at least one more for sure. Aaron Rodgers is better than Russell Wilson will ever be, but without other key players, the Pack haven't gotten back, despite having the best QB in the league. It's hard to win one, but two or three? Only a few teams in the last 30 years can speak to that
Damn, are you sure you're not a Packer fan??? No one is saying that Russell Wilson is better than Rodgers. Wilson has only been in the NFL for two years and there is no way in hell that, you or anyone else can say for "sure that Aaron Rodgers is better than Russell Wilson will "ever" be. Get a grip on yourself, no one is saying that Russell Wilson is an "elite" QB, maybe someday he will be, but for you to say he never will be, is just an opinion.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saying.
I agree and I'm a Hawk fan. Seattle plays in the toughest division in the NFC. IMO, if they can win that division, then they have a good shot at returning to the SB.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, are you sure you're not a Packer fan??? No one is saying that Russell Wilson is better than Rodgers. Wilson has only been in the NFL for two years and there is no way in hell that, you or anyone else can say for "sure that Aaron Rodgers is better than Russell Wilson will "ever" be. Get a grip on yourself, no one is saying that Russell Wilson is an "elite" QB, maybe someday he will be, but for you to say he never will be, is just an opinion.

Well one person did say Wilson was better than rodgers, but I think it was one of the new FN transfers. The point a few of us made is why get all riled up over the comments of ONE poster out of a fan base, and then project that as if every member of that base agrees with it.

In UK's case he gets very angry if we even suggest he might be 5th best in the league right now so comparing him to rodgers isn't his issue. If you refuse to say he is the worst starter of all of the QB's on good teams you get an ear full.