• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running List- Cutdown to 53

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to find a way for all 3. No way Virgil gets on the PS, IMO.

Tyrie Cleveland is our best gunner on special teams. No meh about it. We need better special teams play and he helps us a ton there.

Or are you saying meh to the Browns? ;)
Think Virgil finds his way on another team's 53? i think we can stash him on our PS.
I get the value Cleveland brings to Special Teams but just not a fan of holding a roster spot on the 53 for a one trick pony, that's just my opinion.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X- JR Reed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Virgil finds his way on another team's 53? i think we can stash him on our PS.
I get the value Cleveland brings to Special Teams but just not a fan of holding a roster spot on the 53 for a one trick pony, that's just my opinion.

Yes on Virgil. I think he gets claimed if we cut him but I think we keep him.

Disagree on one trick pony's. Take a look around the NFL. Better RB's, WR's, DBs LB's are getting cut because the guy next to them is a better special teams player. If Royce Freeman could have played special teams we would have never had to sign Mike Boone last year. Once he fell out of the #2 RB position, boom he doesn't serve a role for us because he doesn't make an impact on ST's. You always want your depth guys to be good special teams players.

and I wouldn't call Tyrie a one trick pony. Sure he hasn't showed us what Seth Williams and Jalen Virgil and Kendall Hinton have at WR but he has a lot of tools and development in there. I know it is year 3 so it is sorta do or die for him at WR but it isn't like the guy is Matthew Slater. He has talent as a WR as well.

I think we could store Tyrie on the PS over the other 2 we are talking about here because of the injury and not a lot of film this PS to go off of. If we don't want to risk losing someone else on the 24 hour waiver wire or else we can cut someone else, place Cleveland on short term then re-sign whoever isn't claimed.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on Virgil. I think he gets claimed if we cut him but I think we keep him.

Disagree on one trick pony's. Take a look around the NFL. Better RB's, WR's, DBs LB's are getting cut because the guy next to them is a better special teams player. If Royce Freeman could have played special teams we would have never had to sign Mike Boone last year. Once he fell out of the #2 RB position, boom he doesn't serve a role for us because he doesn't make an impact on ST's. You always want your depth guys to be good special teams players.

and I wouldn't call Tyrie a one trick pony. Sure he hasn't showed us what Seth Williams and Jalen Virgil and Kendall Hinton have at WR but he has a lot of tools and development in there. I know it is year 3 so it is sorta do or die for him at WR but it isn't like the guy is Matthew Slater. He has talent as a WR as well.

I think we could store Tyrie on the PS over the other 2 we are talking about here because of the injury and not a lot of film this PS to go off of. If we don't want to risk losing someone else on the 24 hour waiver wire or else we can cut someone else, place Cleveland on short term then re-sign whoever isn't claimed.
But he was a Gator is easier to type. :D

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you build a roster you have to look at special teams as a position itself. Can't just throw a bunch of good RB's WR's out there on special teams that can't play special teams.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
2. Travis Fulgham, WR, (Claimed by Packers)
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB (signed by Steelers) RELEASED BY STEELERS
5. Kaden Davis, WR
-------------------------------------------------------------
6. Marquiss Spencer, DL
7. Joe Schobert, LB
8. Stevie Scott, RB
9. Trey Quinn, WR
10. Casey Tucker, OL (likely going to IR until healthy)
11. Barrington Wade, LB
------------------------------------------------------------
12. Sam Martin, P
13. Bless Austin, CB
14. Jeremiah Gemmel, LB
15. McTelvin Agim, DL
16. Zack Johnson, OL
17. Dylan Parham, QB
18. Darius Shepard, WR
19. Josh Johnson, QB
20. TRADED Mailk Reed, DE to Steelers (Broncos get Steelers 6th, Steelers get Broncos 7th)
21. Devine Ozigbo, RB
22. Jonathan Harris, DT
23. Quinn Bailey, OT
24. Kendall Hinton, WR
25. Michael Niese, OG
26. Kana'i Mauga, LB
27. JR Reed, S

8 to go?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailly back to PS?

I think so. I would probably put Bailey and Niese on the PS. Niese is probably all for it. Only issue with Bailey might be if another team offers him he may think about a change since he always ends up on our PS at the end of the day. At the same time... Be careful. We like you enough to keep you around. ;)

Zack Johnson probably has a good probability of being back on our PS too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we did try to trade Agim but had no takers. Really hope he makes it back to us. Hate to see a 3rd rd pick who did show promise fighting for a roster spot set lose. I don't think Agim is ever going to be a dog or anything like that in the NFL but would like to see him one more year here if possible.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Paton is pounding the phones.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooooh, DC! Another Gator WR cut. Swain.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleming?
Glasgow?
a TE?
who do you think he is trying to trade?

Not Fleming. Guy sat as an UFA until like a week before camp. Honestly, other then a WR I don't think we are going to trade anyone away that is left. Could be wrong.

Seemed like the most likely trades going in today was a WR and Malik Reed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooooh, DC! Another Gator WR cut. Swain.

Good. He will have a better QB throwing him the ball now once he gets claimed. Which he should get claimed. Seattle has a large amount of WR's with nobody to throw them the ball.