• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of Urban Meyer to LSU

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer will retire as the most winning coach in TOSU history. He won't leave. For shits and giggles, if he ever decided to leave, it would be for ND.

I think I'd rather have the LSU job than Notre Dame, but I' assuming Meyer has ND connections.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather have the LSU job than Notre Dame, but I' assuming Meyer has ND connections.
Yup. He does and in his latest book it talks about his time as an asst under Earle Bruce. ND was one of those schools Urban always admired. And he was brought up Catholic as well. His ties with ND go back during the Lou Holtz era.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer will retire as the most winning coach in TOSU history. He won't leave. For shits and giggles, if he ever decided to leave, it would be for ND.

I could see him giving the NFL a shot once his son graduates. I think he is a junior this year. I'm not saying it will happen, but I think that is the most likely scenario he leaves Ohio State. Another college job, even ND, is extremely unlikely. Remember, he spurned ND already for Florida

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I heard from an 'inside' source that Mack Brown likes corn dogs.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, my money is on Bobby Petrino jumping ship.

Remember when he tried to undermine Tuberville at Auburn to get the job? And when he left the Falcons mid season for Arkansas?

Dude wants to be an SEC coach.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke to droider he said that Urban Meyer should be announced as LSU head coach within the next 2 months.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him giving the NFL a shot once his son graduates. I think he is a junior this year. I'm not saying it will happen, but I think that is the most likely scenario he leaves Ohio State. Another college job, even ND, is extremely unlikely. Remember, he spurned ND already for Florida

Meyer will stay at OSU, unless ND backs up the brinks truck and makes an offer he can't refuse in a couple years.

He isn't going to the NFL though, IMO. He'd have to change most of the offensive philosophies that have made him so successful in the college.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer will stay at OSU, unless ND backs up the brinks truck and makes an offer he can't refuse in a couple years.

He isn't going to the NFL though, IMO. He'd have to change most of the offensive philosophies that have made him so successful in the college.
Les Wexner will not let ND outbid Ohio State for Meyer. If Urban leaves, it won't be for money.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban would go to Notre Dame way before LSU... man loves the university.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some have already mentioned in this thread, Urban would possibly go back to Notre Dame, and that is probably be the only place he would go.

3e5bdc08e9b684ec9f7680bde5e7dce6.jpg

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that happening. Especially if the Chipster stinks it up in S.F. this year.

Chip was on record after Oregon played LSU in Dallas - "they just have bigger athletes". Maybe he could win one with "bigger athletes"

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban would go to Notre Dame way before LSU... man loves the university.

As some have already mentioned in this thread, Urban would possibly go back to Notre Dame, and that is probably be the only place he would go.

3e5bdc08e9b684ec9f7680bde5e7dce6.jpg

I realize Meyer has a history at ND and speaks of the university fondly but I don't really understand the talk of him possibly going there. In 2004 Meyer left Utah and he had the choice of Notre Dame or Florida. What makes him choose ND now over Ohio State. Notre Dame cannot outbid the Buckeyes.

If you have ever seen or heard his answers when someone asks him about the NFL you can tell the desire is there. Right now, Urban is not going anywhere while his son is in high school but the guy had an ego and the NFL is the top of the food chain that he has never taken a bite out of. Someone like him doesn't think "well I might not be successfull"

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record and say the next coach Ohio State loses will be Greg Schiano (bold prediction, I know. I got it from droider's sources)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize Meyer has a history at ND and speaks of the university fondly but I don't really understand the talk of him possibly going there. In 2004 Meyer left Utah and he had the choice of Notre Dame or Florida. What makes him choose ND now over Ohio State. Notre Dame cannot outbid the Buckeyes.

If you have ever seen or heard his answers when someone asks him about the NFL you can tell the desire is there. Right now, Urban is not going anywhere while his son is in high school but the guy had an ego and the NFL is the top of the food chain that he has never taken a bite out of. Someone like him doesn't think "well I might not be successfull"

I only mentioned ND as the only possibility he'd go to in college, IMO, he isn't going anywhere, any time soon. I wouldn't be shocked if he were OSU's coach until he wants to retire.

And while his ego may want to test the waters in the NFL, I do not see his ego wanting to go from the top of the food chain in college, to just another coach in the NFL. On top of that -- he has run nothing but spread option on offense and you just can't do that in the NFL (defenses are too good and too fast and QB's are paid WAAAAAY too much money to take hits running the ball)

I do think with his drive, he'd find a way to be successful in the NFL, but not sure if he'd want to go from one of the best coaches to starting from scratch (as he'd be taking over for a struggling team who fired their coach)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I file this under "Lunatic Fringe Fans", or "It's not April 1st"?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False report. All that fried food is bad for his heart condition.