• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor has it several SEC teams will protest this Saturday

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hockey, chess, and NASCAR are safe

I saw something about Hockey on some news website today. This thing is just going to get bigger and bigger.

PC_141226_0z7ft_rci-warm-up_sn635.jpg

:D

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll know this stuff is serious when the quidditch players do it while flying.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got hit three times in the back and legs carrying a guy through a rice paddy and then lifting him up to a door gunner.

Really?

I might have been that Door Gunner. F Troop, 2/8 Cav (12/29/67-12/15/68)

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a joke, but given the political leanings of most fans of SEC schools, players kneeling for the anthem wouldn't go over too well.

Very, very true.

But, it won't happen because college teams are in the locker room when the Anthem is played.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a USMC Vet it bothers me to see people showing the disrespect the way they do.... especially because of what they are disrespecting is the only reason they are able to show such disrespect without fear of any penalty.

My biggest reason i hate the fuckers kneeling is the whole politicizing the escape. If i want polotics ill click on it on here on the politics tab, or ill watch Fox News.

Funny thing is these SJW's are bringing unwanted attention as well as the "attention they seek" those who wouldnt care, cant be bothered, their lives are now being interfered with.... there could be backlash from this interruption of peoples lives and their past time.

NFL was already becoming a poor product, this is just the icing on the cake i dont even care to watch anymore, ill check on scores and that'll be the end of it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very, very true.

But, it won't happen because college teams are in the locker room when the Anthem is played.
I keep saying, that's all the NFL needs to do, problem solved... I think they like the attention though.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I made it home; I'm one of the lucky ones and I never forget it.

Thank you for your service. But, let's not make this protest an affront to people who valiantly served in the military. People who served are not just defending flag and country--they are also defending the values and principles of the Constitution and our democracy, which includes the right to make such protests. You should be applauding those who are protesting even if you don't agree with their cause--THAT is what is precious about our democracy, and THAT is what you fought for, not a symbol and song.

As for disrespecting the flag and the national anthem--have you ever looked around at a major sports event during the national anthem? For many people, it's apparently a time to find their seats and stuff their faces with food--they don't even stop for a moment or acknowledge that it's going on. It has become perfunctory--at least until someone makes an issue of it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying, that's all the NFL needs to do, problem solved... I think they like the attention though.
I heard the NFL gets paid by the armed services to be out there for the national anthem. If I were the military, I'd pull my money from that because the teams aren't holding up there end of the bargain.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for your service. But, let's not make this protest an affront to people who valiantly served in the military. People who served are not just defending flag and country--they are also defending the values and principles of the Constitution and our democracy, which includes the right to make such protests. You should be applauding those who are protesting even if you don't agree with their cause--THAT is what is precious about our democracy, and THAT is what you fought for, not a symbol and song.

As for disrespecting the flag and the national anthem--have you ever looked around at a major sports event during the national anthem? For many people, it's apparently a time to find their seats and stuff their faces with food--they don't even stop for a moment or acknowledge that it's going on. It has become perfunctory--at least until someone makes an issue of it.
That's the point I was trying to make a few days ago. I've been to many games and I always stand during the NA and sometimes get teary-eyed. I sacrificed my time but so many have sacrificed a lot more.

I always pay attention to everyone around me. During the NA I see hundreds of people around me with ball caps on, drinking their beer, stuffing their face. Immediately after the NA I would go to the concession stand and would be blown away by the sight of thousands of people malingering around the concourse, completely unaware that the NA was going on.

The me the whole kneeling thing isn't a sign of disrespect. It was suppose to be "look it those guys over there; why are they kneeling?" And got blown so far out of proportion that the whole purpose of it has been lost. Maybe it's time for them to try a different approach.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame Canada
Come on NU! Every husker knows you always blame the rusty cows. It is always their fault.

At least that was the case on the old Fannation board. Global warning---Texas fault. Enron---Texas fault. 9/11---Texas fault...etc.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Persons relationship and personal meaning of the flag and National Anthem are each their own.

Who are we to care?

Put your outrage away and live your life.

Do we shun the person that doesn't bow their head to pray?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the NFL gets paid by the armed services to be out there for the national anthem. If I were the military, I'd pull my money from that because the teams aren't holding up there end of the bargain.
I heard that too. It's supposed to be a recruiting tool or something, I don't get it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cute alabama fans think their team doesn't play in a conference that's terrible.

It's cute how West Virginia hasn't beaten an out of conference opponent with a pulse since 2011 and their fans are experts on what conference is terrible.

Maybe when your OOC rival is Maryland you get an inflated sense of self worth.

Or maybe it's when you drop 50 on three sad sacks in a row...Collectively your and your 4 opponents have beaten who? Virginia Tech has beaten you and you beat Kansas...I'm impressed. Get back to us after the VT-Clemson game.

Has West Virginia beaten a ranked SEC team in this century? Is Missouri your only SEC win this decade?

LOL at West Virginia fans talking smack...Big East Bitches.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that too. It's supposed to be a recruiting tool or something, I don't get it.

That was an Obama administration gimmick. Prior to '09 the NFL players were not on the field for the anthem, they were still in the locker room.

I don't think the Army is still a sponsor, I think it ended in 2015.

I believe the NFL continued to do it because if you quit being patriotic when somebody stops paying you to be patriotic you look unpatriotic...but probably not as unpatriotic as they look right now.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I might have been that Door Gunner. F Troop, 2/8 Cav (12/29/67-12/15/68)

I was picked up by a Marine slick. I will always have the utmost of respect for you brave ass Door Gunners. Nothing like listening to an M-60 on full funky monkey while you guys thinned the herd. We could look into your eyes and it was like using a mirror while we scrambled to get in with our backs to the tree line.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helps instill patriotism in the youngins to see these Giants of Football stand and pay respect.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was picked up by a Marine slick. I will always have the utmost of respect for you brave ass Door Gunners. Nothing like listening to an M-60 on full funky monkey while you guys thinned the herd. We could look into your eyes and it was like using a mirror while we scrambled to get in with our backs to the tree line.

Thanks for the props but the grunts bore the brunt of the job. Being a gunner became a volunteer
position. Many were just mechanics, but the need for gunners meant they had to get them from the
ranks. I was just playing the odds. The safe odds. Granted we became the center of attraction in
a Hot LZ, BUT all the LZ's weren't hot. Those engaged on the ground were always in a "hot" situation
and those M-60's always drew the ire of the NVA. It was a 50-50 deal. All the LZ-s weren't hot so
I could avoid danger, but when they were hot..."There was no tree to get behind."

That was some bad shit.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the props but the grunts bore the brunt of the job. Being a gunner became a volunteer
position. Many were just mechanics, but the need for gunners meant they had to get them from the
ranks. I was just playing the odds. The safe odds. Granted we became the center of attraction in
a Hot LZ, BUT all the LZ's weren't hot. Those engaged on the ground were always in a "hot" situation
and those M-60's always drew the ire of the NVA. It was a 50-50 deal. All the LZ-s weren't hot so
I could avoid danger, but when they were hot..."There was no tree to get behind."

That was some bad shit.

I hear you 5X5 on the Bravo Sierra. Here is a video you may have already seen but it pretty well sums up how we grunts looked at you Guys in the Doorway.