• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rule changes for 2017

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely both good rules. Give us hopefully a little bit better consistency with these 2 rules combined. Also liking that they are talking about being a bit more relaxed on TD celebrations.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great... now, after 110+ years of the forward pass, if they could only figure out what constitutes a catch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Didn't get the player.

What are the rules

They are hiring 17 full time officials and all reviews/replays will be sent to the main office instead of having the different reffing crews have to make decisions. So same group of people making the decisions every time giving hopefully better consistency on what is called.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are hiring 17 full time officials and all reviews/replays will be sent to the main office instead of having the different reffing crews have to make decisions. So same group of people making the decisions every time giving hopefully better consistency on what is called.

I'd give you a useful if i had one

But nothing on what makes a catch????

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give you a useful if i had one

But nothing on what makes a catch????

While yes we don't have a clear definition of what a catch is I am excited to see what full time officials can do on the field. When this is what they focus on year round and have that 6 months of no football maybe we do finally reach a point of them having a consistent call on what is a catch. I mean I'm guessing these officials will spend a ton of time together discussing such things.

Then throw in having a booth review that is consistently being made by the same person at least it should be what is a catch to them instead of having to worry about which official crew you have in that game that day.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While yes we don't have a clear definition of what a catch is I am excited to see what full time officials can do on the field. When this is what they focus on year round and have that 6 months of no football maybe we do finally reach a point of them having a consistent call on what is a catch. I mean I'm guessing these officials will spend a ton of time together discussing such things.

Then throw in having a booth review that is consistently being made by the same person at least it should be what is a catch to them instead of having to worry about which official crew you have in that game that day.
I'm not a fan of the NY review. More speculation about conspiracies. Besides Blandino and Mike Ferraria (sp) both sucked when asked what they thought the call woukd be after review. Blandino is a weasel.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the guys with great jobs that aren't interested we get a bunch of new, inexperienced referees this year? Downside things could get worse. Upside would be to get some younger refs in there and guys who are going to put in the time to stay on top of their game.

Bottom line is as long as there is super slow mo, HD tvs and fans that want every call to go their way the refs are going to be criticized. You just can't be perfect in real time at NFL speed and you just can't make the whiny fans that bitch and complain about the refs every week happy.:2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to slow you're roll. These are being considered, the rule change vote hasn't occured yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the NY review. More speculation about conspiracies. Besides Blandino and Mike Ferraria (sp) both sucked when asked what they thought the call woukd be after review. Blandino is a weasel.

Haha I was waiting for a Pats fan to say this.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So out of the 10,000 or so passes completed every year, how many catches will this "fix"?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I was waiting for a Pats fan to say this.
Can you honestly disagree? I'm not even sure it's NE fans that talk the conspiracy crap as much as others? But both of them are terrible on getting the calls correct and they're supposed to be the best we have? How much more time does this add to the game? I'd be a much bigger fan of letting coaches challenge anything. 2 a game regardless of outcome. NY can review if they want? But to give NY the ability to question anything they want is a difficult pill to swallow.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So out of the 10,000 or so passes completed every year, how many catches will this "fix"?
0 because even they don't know what a catch is by the current rule.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you honestly disagree? I'm not even sure it's NE fans that talk the conspiracy crap as much as others? But both of them are terrible on getting the calls correct and they're supposed to be the best we have? How much more time does this add to the game? I'd be a much bigger fan of letting coaches challenge anything. 2 a game regardless of outcome. NY can review if they want? But to give NY the ability to question anything they want is a difficult pill to swallow.

Shouldn't add any time to the game. And yes I can disagree.

And no they don't get to question anything they want. They only get to get involved when a challenge is made or any play that is actually reviewable like a turnover or touchdown.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't add any time to the game. And yes I can disagree.

And no they don't get to question anything they want. They only get to get involved when a challenge is made or any play that is actually reviewable like a turnover or touchdown.
My point was disagreeing Blandino and Ferraria suck?

It's still being considered so we don't know what they will be able to review or not. Point being if coaches aren't challenging it they shouldn't look at it. Beside my take is they could also look at bad calls/mistakes by the officiating crew. That's not something reviewable.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they institute a rule change that forces certain teams (cough Houston Cleveland) to not be able to sign shitty quarterbacks year after year?