• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rule book simplification

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article on ESPN.com that the NFL is considering simplifying the rule book in order to cut down on the confusion that some of the rules have presented to everyone from the officials to the coaches to the players. Interesting idea. Too many of these rules need to be clarified and examples need to be given to make sure that everyone is on the same page and teams aren't constantly having to ask the league office to clarify them after the fact. We talked in another thread about using technology to improve the officiating in the league, but I think paring down the rule book to make it easier to interpret would be a good thing to try as well.

NFL Nation Says: Rulebook complexity - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was garbage last night was some of the personal fouls on so called defenseless receivers… Also the dam holding call's … Refs once again sucked last night… NFL refs are the scariest thing to a teams success I swear…

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was garbage last night was some of the personal fouls on so called defenseless receivers… Also the dam holding call's … Refs once again sucked last night… NFL refs are the scariest thing to a teams success I swear…

I don't recall a ton of holding calls in the game which was nice, but yeah both the personal foul calls were just brutal. On the whole I actually didn't mind the officiating though, which is something I usually don't say. I won't say they were good however.