• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RS freshman QB Maty Mauk returns to sideline after saving Mizzou's season

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I think Franklin is a much better QB I don't like Mauk? Makes no sense.

However, I do think he will be pushed next year by Eddie Printz. I have heard great things about Printz
Franklin is a much better QB because of experience and rapport. Mauk's upside is higher than Franklins due to having a more accurate arm

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin is a much better QB because of experience and rapport. Mauk's upside is higher than Franklins due to having a more accurate arm

First of all, Franklin is a much more accurate passer than Mauk right now. He is a much better passer on the short and mid range passing game right now. Sure Mauk might have more upside.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're putting the SC game on the QB and not the FG unit or the pass defense that gave big chunks of yards up to screen pass after screen pass? You could even put it on Pinkel which I know you have. Would Franklin have made a difference? Probably. Mizzou had to find a ways to lose that game and Shaw had to complete a 4th down pass to even be in that game.

Mizzou mainly lost that game because of poor coaching and it had NOTHING to do with Andrew Baggett.

However, if a healthy JF starts that game….Mizzou wins.

The 4th and 15 play was absolutely insane. Mizzou had their DL looking for screens and went man to man. They should have called time out. Sent in their 4 best Pass Rushers and said go get the QB, Then put 4 people in the end zone in a zone defense. The other 3 players should have been spread out along the 5-7 yard line

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou mainly lost that game because of poor coaching and it had NOTHING to do with Andrew Baggett.

However, if a healthy JF starts that game….Mizzou wins.

The 4th and 15 play was absolutely insane. Mizzou had their DL looking for screens and went man to man. They should have called time out. Sent in their 4 best Pass Rushers and said go get the QB, Then put 4 people in the end zone in a zone defense. The other 3 players should have been spread out along the 5-7 yard line

Unless a healthy Shaw started that game.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Pinkel, I would still bring Mauk back in for obvious passing downs. Franklin still gives the team the best chance to win with his skill at the zone read and his experience but Mauk is more accurate on screens, bubble screens, slants and deep passes.

Against you guys last year ASU tried a few drives putting in our bruiser Eubank at QB and putting our starter Kelly in on obvious passing downs. Kelly would come in cold and neither QB could get in a good rhythm. It sounds good on paper but doesn't work well in practice.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I do think he will be pushed next year by Eddie Printz. I have heard great things about Printz
Printz is pro style, right? I haven't seen him in action but I suspect that there will be a QB battle between Mauk and Printz.

Mizzou's strength in recruiting has been with oline, tall wide receivers and running backs so Mauk should be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been to 3 games this year though I was pretty smashed for the Toledo game. I've watched every game save the first half of the Kentucky game and I only heard the Murray St game because I was at the Lake of the Ozarks. I also missed parts of the South Carolina game because the World Series was on but I got the gist.

Franklin can read defenses better and can run between the tackles but I dont trust his arm or health. Mauk is the QB of the future.

Because that game was at 11am and you didn't get your drunk ass outta bed in time, right?

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you keep thumbs-downing my posts, i'm going to be really upset with you.

I gave you a thumbs up because you finally got rid of that disgusting avy. It was making all of us sick.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel good, i'm not going to lie.

Quasimodo McCoy has haunted my avatar space long enough.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Matty play several times in high school .... he's a gamer.

Kenton is a fun team to watch. 5 wide every down and they never kick the ball . lol