• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: RRSO: #10 Oklahoma(4-0) v Texas(1-4), ABC, 11 CT

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were rushing 5......sometimes 6. The screen game, quick hitches, etc were there ALL DAY - that's a coordinator that is in over his head.

We're talking football 101 here.....Texas didn't do anything flashy outside of maybe disguising where the blitz was coming from decently well - even tho the freshmen tipped it nearly every play.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were rushing 5......sometimes 6. The screen game, quick hitches, etc were there ALL DAY - that's a coordinator that is in over his head.

We're talking football 101 here.....Texas didn't do anything flashy outside of maybe disguising where the blitz was coming from decently well - even tho the freshmen tipped it nearly every play.

Screen plays, hitches, shuttle pass, quick seam route over the middle. I would've shoved this two step drop and throws down your throat all day, but no. Riley kept calling those slow developing pass plays downfield. I can't describe how disappointed I was in him this game. Guy is supposed to be a real hot shot, and did not resemble that at all.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrid offensive play calling: coaching failure
Lineman tipping off plays with sloppy stances: coaching failure
Feeble tackling: coaching failure
Flat emotions: coaching failure
No half time adjustments: coaching failure

The players come and go over the years but the coaching problems never change. I sure wish I could figure out what the answer is. It's probably because we don't pay enough or we have had too many head coaching changes so there is no consistency. I know it isn't because the program has slipped or anything to do with nepotism or losing assistant coaches who suddenly do better when they go to another school. It's just hard to say but I certainly don't think we should make any changes; we should hang in there and keep doing what we have been doing. I'm sure it will all work itself out.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops refuses to go out and find a defensive mastermind. He thinks his little bro is still top notch.

Lincoln Riley is a retard.

I just hope we can avoid embarrassment from TCU and Baylor because I feel another 4 TD beat down coming by one of them or both.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it safe to say that both teams are heading in opposite directions?

No, Texas is a train wreck. OU hasn't fallen off the track yet but the bridge ahead seems to be out.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Texas is a train wreck. OU hasn't fallen off the track yet but the bridge ahead seems to be out.

Train wreck? They just beat a top 10 team on neutral field.
I think they are going to surprise some people the rest of the season as the Sooners struggle to find their identity.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of our problem.

download

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first game where Texas trusted the DB's to cover, so they could blitz all day long. Number of corner blitzes, Malik off the edge, DLinemen dogs, etc.

First game where the CS type defense was played.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the game, we were rushing three and still sacked Mayfield. That OL had been beaten into submission by that point.

Most rushing yards by a Texas team against OU ever. Both sides of the ball were won.

I still cant believe it. Just hope they can bottle it and can do the same to KSU. OU has to play KSU this week.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrid offensive play calling: coaching failure
Lineman tipping off plays with sloppy stances: coaching failure
Feeble tackling: coaching failure
Flat emotions: coaching failure
No half time adjustments: coaching failure

The players come and go over the years but the coaching problems never change. I sure wish I could figure out what the answer is. It's probably because we don't pay enough or we have had too many head coaching changes so there is no consistency. I know it isn't because the program has slipped or anything to do with nepotism or losing assistant coaches who suddenly do better when they go to another school. It's just hard to say but I certainly don't think we should make any changes; we should hang in there and keep doing what we have been doing. I'm sure it will all work itself out.

Spoken like a Georgia fan. Difference is, they would actually BELIEVE this. They are so scared of getting a bad coach that they will simply live with losing with Richt coaching

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in the Marines we were constantly trained to "sweat the small things". Clean your rifle again even if you think it's already clean, make sure EVERYTHING is taped and silent before going out on patrol, put in some new batteries even if "they were fine yesterday", etc., etc. Too many small things have slipped with OU's coaching and recruiting until now they have resulted in a tsunami of bad play. If OU loses at Kansas State this Saturday I'd put the odds of Stoops surviving what will happen against Texas Tech, Baylor, Okie Jr. and TCU at no better than 50/50. He's past the point of being allowed to blame failure on his assistants; he will finally have to accept full personal responsibility if we end up with another string of ugly losses like last season.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a neutral party in this. I'm just glad that Charlie Strong has made a case for himself. I like the guy. And I still think that he's a good coach.

I just worried about him when they carried him off the field. And remembering what it's like to be in a mosh pit... And what it's like to be passed around in a concert, no matter how much you weigh... It's scary.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen plays, hitches, shuttle pass, quick seam route over the middle. I would've shoved this two step drop and throws down your throat all day, but no. Riley kept calling those slow developing pass plays downfield. I can't describe how disappointed I was in him this game. Guy is supposed to be a real hot shot, and did not resemble that at all.

I really dont get the lack of commitment to the run game. Texas came in giving up over 200 yards rushign in in 4 of the last 5 games. OU runs 1 rushing play for 5 yards to Perine in the first 2 series with Texas running out 3 DL and 2 LBs.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont get the lack of commitment to the run game. Texas came in giving up over 200 yards rushign in in 4 of the last 5 games. OU runs 1 rushing play for 5 yards to Perine in the first 2 series with Texas running out 3 DL and 2 LBs.

Maybe it has something to do with Lincoln Riley's abilities as an Offensive Coordinator. For reference, here is his W-L record at East Carolina as their Offensive Coordinator before he was named as the Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma.

2010: 6-6
2011: 5-7
2012: 8-5
2013: 10-3
2014L 8-5

26 Losses over 5 years. And this was the guy Bob Stoops hired to turn around our offense. :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it has something to do with Lincoln Riley's abilities as an Offensive Coordinator. For reference, here is his W-L record at East Carolina as their Offensive Coordinator before he was named as the Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma.

2010: 6-6
2011: 5-7
2012: 8-5
2013: 10-3
2014L 8-5

26 Losses over 5 years. And this was the guy Bob Stoops hired to turn around our offense. :L

The odd thing is his background in the air Raid. Only 1 year ago Stoops was talking about getting the run game going. I thought the lack of commitment to run was why Huepel was fired, but he went air raid in his replacement. Just doesnt make sense to me

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odd thing is his background in the air Raid. Only 1 year ago Stoops was talking about getting the run game going. I thought the lack of commitment to run was why Huepel was fired, but he went air raid in his replacement. Just doesnt make sense to me

Stoops was looking for a quick fix with the Air Raid offense. And it hasn't happened. Now the natives are restless because they see a 5* RB and a RB who holds the one-game national rushing record getting virtually no touches. It's a cluster fuck. No other way to put it. If Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley were stocks I'd be buying puts and selling them short like a mofo right now.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops was looking for a quick fix with the Air Raid offense. And it hasn't happened. Now the natives are restless because they see a 5* RB and a RB who holds the one-game national rushing record getting virtually no touches. It's a cluster fuck. No other way to put it. If Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley were stocks I'd be buying puts and selling them short like a mofo right now.

I guess when you are in a bind you go with what you know. Air Raid is what Stoopes knows. He just doesnt have Leach and Mangino on the staff. I didnt think about it, but it is ironic that Norvell installed an offense that is more suited for OU. (to be fair, I think Traylor has had a huge influence on it though)

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when you are in a bind you go with what you know. Air Raid is what Stoopes knows. He just doesnt have Leach and Mangino on the staff. I didnt think about it, but it is ironic that Norvell installed an offense that is more suited for OU. (to be fair, I think Traylor has had a huge influence on it though)

The effort OU put out against Texas was abysmal but Texas played a hell of a game and our shortcomings shouldn't take anything away from a great win by the Horns. You couldn't have beaten us much worse if James Street had been handing off to Earl Campbell and Tommy Nobis and Derrick Johnson had been playing D. :tsk:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The effort OU put out against Texas was abysmal but Texas played a hell of a game and our shortcomings shouldn't take anything away from a great win by the Horns. You couldn't have beaten us much worse if James Street had been handing off to Earl Campbell and Tommy Nobis and Derrick Johnson had been playing D. :tsk:

you give me those guys in their prime and I will lay 8