• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 2 targets

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a lot of defensive talent available. Not going to lie though, if Henry is available at the Lions pick. It would be damn hard for me to pass up on that beast. Anyways, the best of the rest according to rotoworld.

1. UCLA LB Myles Jack
Where He Wins: The complete package at the position, and a complete linebacker is as valuable as it has ever been. Jack’s movements are uncommon. His lower half swivels when adjusting to what is in front of him, and his first steps are explosive and springy, quickly eating up ground to make a play others cannot. Jack is equally as aggressive between the tackles as he is in coverage. At UCLA, he was even asked to play opposite receivers and did not look out of place in coverage. Jack is a foundation piece to build with and around.

2. Baylor DL Andrew Billings
Where He Wins: Billings might be labeled as a nose tackle by some, but he is so much more. I expect Billings to play multiple gaps and alignments, similar to Star Lotulelei early on with the Panthers. Billings can will at the line of scrimmage and also behind it. He is nimble for a big man with athleticism to gain initial ground and power to press his opponent backwards. An injury slowed down Billings for a few games. He was on the field for 77.9% of the school’s defensive snaps this season.

3. Florida DL Jonathan Bullard
Where He Wins: Bullard tested like a great athlete, which was a bit surprising. I love his ability to win as a defensive end against the run and impact passing downs when lining up inside. Bullard can win with power immediately or can win with length to shed and make the tackle.

4. Eastern Kentucky EDGE Noah Spence
Where He Wins: The former Ohio State Buckeye is an outstanding talent. Most pass rushers win one way, either with speed or power. Spence has the potential to win in both areas. A lot will be made about Spence’s past and “character concerns,” but what if they aren’t concerns any longer?

5. Alabama RB Derrick Henry
Where He Wins: A great athlete for a 6’2/242 lbs ball carrier. Defenses will need to slow him down behind the line and attempt to tackle him low, because once he is up to speed Henry is a monster. When allowed the second level, Henry has long speed to outrun defenders or power to gain a few yards after contact, if not run over them completely.

6. Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander
Where He Wins: Highly competitive corner despite his size 5’10/195 lbs. Plays with confidence at the line of scrimmage or off, and wants to attack the catch point. Seems aware of the football as well as his receiver/assignment. Can limit yards after the catch due to his tackling skills, and is not just a force player on the outside on runs.

7. Miss State DL Chris Jones
Where He Wins: The flashes are outstanding, but they are not consistent. Jones has so much ability and typically works around his opponent when winning. Successful snaps from outside the tackle, guard and center. Tough to stop his momentum when he’s aggressive, and then can slip past anchors with fluid movement.

8. LSU LB Deion Jones
Where He Wins: One of the most explosive linebackers in the class. Plays fast and with aggression. I’m not worried about his size at 6-foot-1 and 219-pounds, just like I wasn’t worried about Telvin Smith’s size. Shifty linebackers can scare blockers more than ones who prefer to take on a block. There are multiple examples of assignment sound plays in coverage for Jones.

9. Alabama LB Reggie Ragland
Where He Wins: Is best as a hammer linebacker, meeting blocks as soon as possible in the hopes of disrupting plays. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Minter. I think the “edge rusher on third down” stuff is a nice attempt by his people, but if Ragland is one of your two best edge rushers on obvious passing downs, you have bigger problems.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billings
Reed
Robinson
Nassib
Spence

Be happy with any of them.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billings
Reed
Robinson
Nassib
Spence

Be happy with any of them.

For sure. We need to be hitting defense the rest of the draft. I wouldn't mind the CB out of Clemson either. definitely need another CB.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Kendall Fuller to the list too, although I think our secondary is less of a concern this year.

Forgot about Bullard. He could replace JJ.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO LIONS!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is this rock shit.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sounds like Gabe Wright from last year. Buyer beware.

He(Day) gets extra points in their silly grading system, because he can drop into coverage. Not really what we're looking for though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman Moore is announcing our second rounder.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well lots of good DTs left

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fit for SD really like Henry would probably have had him my Lions board except after Mayhew TE's are kinda taboo

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billings and Hargrave would be atop my list

Those two and Reed think he is the best run stopper in this draft and has a pass rush upside similar to Brockers