• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 2: (2) Pittsburgh v. (1) Washington

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care, suspend his ass. Put AHL player Ben Lovejoy on the 1st defensive pairing or whoever else you guys have on the blue line. I wouldn't know because there isn't a notable player among them.

If you wanna star shit talking defensive depth, you're getting into murky waters...Mike Weber is next man up on the other end.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care, suspend his ass. Put AHL player Ben Lovejoy on the 1st defensive pairing or whoever else you guys have on the blue line. I wouldn't know because there isn't a notable player among them.

Aren't y'all playing our castoffs and.. Chorney?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some experts saying 4-5 games for Letang right now.

...DC based experts? I'm not even sure that hit gets four in the regular season, which the league has already said means less in suspension decisions.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orpik was a cheap prick with the pens and continues to be with the caps. That being said eloco is correct in saying Kristopher is a little puss.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Letang hit is clearly suspendable. The Orpik hit was clearly more egregious in several respects, though, not the least of which are lateness and the use of the elbow/forearm. Both hits were dangerous and bad, Orpik's checked far more boxes with respect to illegality. That's a pretty significant factor to consider.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, was that first game just a practice game? This is going worse than I thought! ;)

Hey, I got a little stressed at the end of this game. My counting is off!

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Letang hit is clearly suspendable. The Orpik hit was clearly more egregious in several respects, though, not the least of which are lateness and the use of the elbow/forearm. Both hits were dangerous and bad, Orpik's checked far more boxes with respect to illegality. That's a pretty significant factor to consider.

Darkstone said it best.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. I just thought yinzer math class got to the number 1. I guess not. :D
Not from Pittsburgh, but I do have a Msc in mathematics and I work as a statistician. :pound: Beer and stress will do that I think!

First time I've actually been worried about this series, which is odd after a loss. I thought we lost Game 1 on a few bad mistakes, and dominated Game 2 despite the score. This game though... was all Caps. It could be a long series.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were far worse players than Scott Stevens stevens played with an edge. But he was not dirty. Dale Hunter,Chris Simon, Matt Cooke was worse with as far as dirty hits. Forwards need to take some responsibility too skate with your head up. Im not excusing dirty hits the Orpick hit was bad. But you cant expect defensemen to let forwards walk in the zone because their head is down and on the puck instead of the ice. Fundamentals
Old school fundamentals.
To be honest if Letang didn't leave his feet its a good open ice hit imo. Keeping your head up is one of the first fundamentals you learn. Even after leaving his feet it still wasn't that bad. The Orpick hit was dirty. I thought the cheap shot on hagelin after the goal was unnecessary too tho. He was cross checked well after the goal.
Even if Letang doesn't leave his feet that is not a clean hit. Any hit to the head is not a clean hit regardless of whether or not the guy had his head down.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...DC based experts? I'm not even sure that hit gets four in the regular season, which the league has already said means less in suspension decisions.

I'm just saying "some experts," and the use of the word "some" and "experts" may or may not be used liberally.

;)

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think these affect any decisions regarding Letang, but Caps were definitely seeking out their pound of flesh. (Normally I would've given Backstrom benefit of doubt, but he's been throwing crazy slashes on 87 and 71 on every faceoff this series...)

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from Pittsburgh, but I do have a Msc in mathematics and I work as a statistician. :pound: Beer and stress will do that I think!

First time I've actually been worried about this series, which is odd after a loss. I thought we lost Game 1 on a few bad mistakes, and dominated Game 2 despite the score. This game though... was all Caps. It could be a long series.

Just so frustrating. Caps get dominated: lose. Caps dominate: lose. We've all seen this movie before. As a Caps fan, you just can't help but think it's replaying, especially against the Pens. But, they've said all along, it's different this year...we'll see.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think these affect any decisions regarding Letang, but Caps were definitely seeking out their pound of flesh. (Normally I would've given Backstrom benefit of doubt, but he's been throwing crazy slashes on 87 and 71 on every faceoff this series...)

The knee to the head didn't look intentional. Plus it looks like it was maybe the side of his leg that caught Letang.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old school fundamentals.

Even if Letang doesn't leave his feet that is not a clean hit. Any hit to the head is not a clean hit regardless of whether or not the guy had his head down.
Mild shoulder forward had his head down forwards need to take some responsibility. Head up is a fundamental that surpasses eras