• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 1: Philly vs Washington

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see a majority of the game but if it's anything like I saw, whichever team makes it out of the first round needs to do it quickly to get some rest because all of these guys are going to be severely beat up with as many hard hits that have been dished out.

Agreed. Things develop quickly in the playoffs, but this is the one that had the most chance of exploding. And Game 1 was exactly what I expected. I am thinking Game 3 back in Philly, the league better send their best officiating crew.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Things develop quickly in the playoffs, but this is the one that had the most chance of exploding. And Game 1 was exactly what I expected. I am thinking Game 3 back in Philly, the league better send their best officiating crew.

The worst thing the caps could do is participate in any post-whistle shenanigans. Hit hard between the whistles, but don't get drawn into a game that only distracts. Really hope Trotz tells Willson to settle down. The rest of the team have a good enough head on their shoulders to understand what Schenn was doing towards the end of the game.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing the caps could do is participate in any post-whistle shenanigans. Hit hard between the whistles, but don't get drawn into a game that only distracts. Really hope Trotz tells Willson to settle down. The rest of the team have a good enough head on their shoulders to understand what Schenn was doing towards the end of the game.

Please appreciate I am coming from an objective, unbiased perspective, but I hope Trotz keeps his thoughts to himself. I am really looking forward to the rest of this series. For me, this is must-see TV.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game by the Caps. I think this is the year they get over the hump and get to the SCF. I won't predict anything after that until I see the matchup.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a Caps-Sharks final? Holtby's mom vs. April Reimer

/Must-see-tv

Personally, I'd like to see a Predators-Caps Stanley Cup matchup.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps lineup and lines remain the same. New Flyers forward lines minus Couturier
Voracek-Giroux-Simmonds
Raffl-Schenn-Gagner
Laughton-Cousins-Read
VandeVelde-Bellemare-White

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet OV would like a shot at that open net again.

Caps with a slow start with sticks and bodies in lanes.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's such a weird sequence. Penalty on the flyers for holding Kuzy's stick, flyers have the puck, mason goes to the bench, and they only blow it dead when the caps touch the puck...