• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosterbation, Regular Season Edition

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game to go, lets look at the details...

According to Wiki, the Giants have 36 players on the 40-man roster...

17 pitchers
19 position players

That gives us a LOT of wiggle room on the 40.

Now, for the 25 man, here is what we have so far...

Starters (5)
Timmeh
Cain
Durty
Bum
Zito

Pen (5 so far; 6 with Mota)
Romo
Affeldt
Lopez
Ramirez
Casilla
Wilson (DL)
Mota (reportedly, he has made the team; He will need to be added to the 40-man)

Catcher (2)
Posey
Whiteside

Infield (6)
Huff
Sanchez
Tejada
Sandoval
Fontenot
Ishikawa

Outfield (5)
Burrell
Torres
Schierholtz
Rowand
DaRosa
Ross (DL)

That makes 24, plus 2 players on the DL, and the 40-man up to 37.

I would LIKE Runz to start in Richmond and try to add the innings, but he has been lights out, so maybe he starts in SF instead.

Vogelsong has had a nice spring, but I think he is destined for Fresno. He has already stated he will accept the assignment.

Kroon has looked great, and since the team actually needs a closer for the first week or so, I think there is a better-than-slim chance he makes the team. If Runz get's the job instead, that will be too bad for this guy. He deserves to get his major league save.

Edlefsen, Casilla, Hinshaw are all bound for the minors. Edlefsen and Hinshaw to Fresno; Casilla likely to San Jose.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game to go, lets look at the details...

According to Wiki, the Giants have 36 players on the 40-man roster...

17 pitchers
19 position players

That gives us a LOT of wiggle room on the 40.

Now, for the 25 man, here is what we have so far...

Starters (5)
Timmeh
Cain
Durty
Bum
Zito

Pen (5 so far; 6 with Mota)
Romo
Affeldt
Lopez
Ramirez
Casilla
Wilson (DL)
Mota (reportedly, he has made the team; He will need to be added to the 40-man)

Catcher (2)
Posey
Whiteside

Infield (6)
Huff
Sanchez
Tejada
Sandoval
Fontenot
Ishikawa

Outfield (5)
Burrell
Torres
Schierholtz
Rowand
DaRosa
Ross (DL)

That makes 24, plus 2 players on the DL, and the 40-man up to 37.

I would LIKE Runz to start in Richmond and try to add the innings, but he has been lights out, so maybe he starts in SF instead.

Vogelsong has had a nice spring, but I think he is destined for Fresno. He has already stated he will accept the assignment.

Kroon has looked great, and since the team actually needs a closer for the first week or so, I think there is a better-than-slim chance he makes the team. If Runz get's the job instead, that will be too bad for this guy. He deserves to get his major league save.

Edlefsen, Casilla, Hinshaw are all bound for the minors. Edlefsen and Hinshaw to Fresno; Casilla likely to San Jose.

Cal, I don't think 36 is the correct count. On the 40, I have:

P: Edlefson, Hinshaw, Sosa, J Casilla, Tanner, Timmy, Chez, Cain, Z, Bum, Romo, Affeldt, Ramirez, Lopez, S Casilla, Runzler (total of 16)
C: Posey, Whitey (2)
IF: Adrianza, Burriss, Gillaspie, Rohlinger, Fonty, Ishi, Huff, Freddy, Panda, Tejada (10)
OF: Ford, Neal, Peguero, Burrell, RoRo, Nate, Torres, DeRo (8)
DL: Weez, Ross (2)

That's 38. Mota would be 39, Belt would be 40. Of course, if Belt makes it, then Ishi is cut/traded and we're back to 39.

Am I missing something?

Also, I can't see Runz being sent to AA Richmond. I have him making the 25 man as the 11th guy (Mota is my 12th), but if he's DFA'd I've got to believe he goes to AAA Fresno. When Weez is back, I could see them sending Runz down as he's got options and Mota does not. I hope Kroon takes the minor league assignment -- he could be a nice piece to call up when one of our relievers gets hurt or flames out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiki is missing Ford and Burriss... hmmm

It is Wiki, so I would not put 100% faith in it, but this page has been accurate in the past. No way Ford would have cleared waivers, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal, I don't think 36 is the correct count. On the 40, I have:

P: Edlefson, Hinshaw, Sosa, J Casilla, Tanner, Timmy, Chez, Cain, Z, Bum, Romo, Affeldt, Ramirez, Lopez, S Casilla, Runzler (total of 16)
C: Posey, Whitey (2)
IF: Adrianza, Burriss, Gillaspie, Rohlinger, Fonty, Ishi, Huff, Freddy, Panda, Tejada (10)
OF: Ford, Neal, Peguero, Burrell, RoRo, Nate, Torres, DeRo (8)
DL: Weez, Ross (2)

That's 38. Mota would be 39, Belt would be 40. Of course, if Belt makes it, then Ishi is cut/traded and we're back to 39.

Am I missing something?

Also, I can't see Runz being sent to AA Richmond. I have him making the 25 man as the 11th guy (Mota is my 12th), but if he's DFA'd I've got to believe he goes to AAA Fresno. When Weez is back, I could see them sending Runz down as he's got options and Mota does not. I hope Kroon takes the minor league assignment -- he could be a nice piece to call up when one of our relievers gets hurt or flames out.

I agree about Kroon. I am pulling for him to make the team out of camp, give him the closer roll so he can get his MLB save, than let him retire next week, after Weez comes back.

I want Runz in Richmond so he can work on stretching himself out. He is a MLB reliever right now. No question. But if the Giants want him to start, let him do it in a pitcher league where he does not have to worry too much about the competition. If the Giants are going to keep him as a reliever, then by all means, send him to Fresno.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bochy says all decisions have been made. Announcement after the game. Ishi, Nate, and Rowand are all starting in the last exhibition game. Belt is not.

Baggs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy says all decisions have been made. Announcement after the game. Ishi, Nate, and Rowand are all starting in the last exhibition game. Belt is not.

Baggs

I strongly suspect Mota and Runz fill out the bullpen, Belt is the Opening Day 1b, and Ishi will be cut. As I typed this Ishi just struck out...again.

RoRo and Nate are safe for now, Kroon and Vogelsong go to Fresno.

Oh, and ESPN has Guzman still on the roster....fucking Disney.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ishikawa just placed on waivers..

Belt does everything Ishi did and more

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Frankly, I'm hoping Travis does not clear waivers, and finds a major league job somewhere other than the NL West.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I'm hoping Travis does not clear waivers, and finds a major league job somewhere other than the NL West.

Even if he did clear, I doubt he would stay with the org. They have not treated him the greatest, imho.

Either way, I wish him the best (except when he plays the Giants).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have:

Timmeh
Cainer
Durty
Zeets
MadBum

Wilson-CL (DL)
Affeldt
Romo
Casilla
Lopez
Ramirez
Mota
Kroon/Runzler for Wilson's DL period

Posey
Whiteside

Belt
Sanchez
Tejada
Sandoval
DeRosa
Fontenot

Burrell
Torres
Huff
Schierholtz
Rowand
Ross (DL)

That 27 players including Wilson and Ross on the DL. When they return, they replace Kroon/Runzler and Rowand (please please please!!!!!!!!!)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have:

Timmeh
Cainer
Durty
Zeets
MadBum

Wilson-CL (DL)
Affeldt
Romo
Casilla
Lopez
Ramirez
Mota
Kroon/Runzler for Wilson's DL period

Posey
Whiteside

Belt
Sanchez
Tejada
Sandoval
DeRosa
Fontenot

Burrell
Torres
Huff
Schierholtz
Rowand
Ross (DL)

That 27 players including Wilson and Ross on the DL. When they return, they replace Kroon/Runzler and Rowand (please please please!!!!!!!!!)

EDIT: Runzler made the roster along with Mota. Kroon sent to minors but can deny. Bochy wants him to stay, as do I. He has a teriffic spring.

Brandon Belt realizes lifelong dream, makes Giants' Major League roster | SFGiants.com: News

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Cazic! Except that he is 30 years older and has a lot more back hair.

"Shut Up!" And the kid stops! Why doesn't that work with MY kids?

I actually got rid of the self-biting kid. Check out Jack Black's tantrum.