• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Talks

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Preseason is dwindling down, only two games left, who will be on the Big Squad?

I see it shaking down like this:

Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis
Tangradi-Comrie-Malkin
Cooke-Letestu-Asham
Rupp-Talbot-Adams
Goddard

Michalek-Orpik
Martin-Letang
Goligoski-Lovejoy
Potter

A couple thoughts I have. I have really been impressed with Depres from what I have seen from him. If I was GM I would seriously consider giving him 9 games in the NHL. But who wouldn't make the team? Potter? Is it wise to have Lovejoy or Depres as the 7th d-man and not really playing? Not really. Also, from my understandng, Lovejoy and Letestu are waiver eligible so they both make this team for that reason. Because of that fact and the reason stated above, Depres will not be granted a 9 game "tryout". Moving forward to next year, is Depres a lock to make this team (health not factoring into this). I say yes. But the Pens already hvae 6 defenseman signed next year. They need to make room for Depres somewhere. Keep this is mind.

What to do when Staal comes back. Unless there is crazy chemistry between Malkin and Comrie, Staal centers 2nd line. So who is the odd man out, Comrie, Letestu or Talbot. Comrie is too $$$ friendly. Letestu is younger and cheaper than Talbot, Talbot making over 1 million and will be UFA next year, may be the odd man out.

Look for Talbot and Goligoski (Depres is already better and has more potential than Gogo) to be traded at some point this year.

The battle for the 7th defenseman. Engelland and Potter seem to be made out of the same mold, however, I have seen Potter shut down two 2-1's and one 3-1. I have seen Engelland give away the puck to Kane rigth between the circles (big save johnson). Potter, IMO, has played better.

Last thought, Tangradi can not buy a goal. He's big, plays smart, but hte guy has not shown me he can finish. I worry about him.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, Potter has already been sent down. And from what I am hearing, Depres is getting a serious look to start the year in the NHL, which would mean Lovejoy would hold the 7th spot. If it's for 9 games, I don't mind the idea of Lovejoy riding the pine. If Depres plays to the level that the Pens can not send him to Jrs.... I think a Talbot/Gogo trade would happen shortly after Staal returns.

One thing is sure, the Pens are looking like a solid team heading into the season.