• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rory says Not So Fast There Koepka!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After succumbing to Brooks Koepka at the WGC Memphis...Rory rebounded in good fashion again paired with the big gun on Sunday at Eastlake, and took him down.

66 to 72

Congrats Rory...TOUR Championship winner, again.

FWIW...it wasn't really a matchplay situation as there were a couple more guys with a chance but none were catching Rory's low medal round of 66.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a huge Rory fan it was really disappointing that he let Tiger take the win against him last year and then never showed any fight against Brooks a few weeks ago.

But I was happy the he admitted yesterday how much that bothered him too.

The way he won yesterday will no doubt plant a seed of doubt in that take no prisoners mentality of Brooks Koepka.

This rivalry is great for golf.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a huge Rory fan it was really disappointing that he let Tiger take the win against him last year and then never showed any fight against Brooks a few weeks ago.

But I was happy the he admitted yesterday how much that bothered him too.

The way he won yesterday will no doubt plant a seed of doubt in that take no prisoners mentality of Brooks Koepka.

This rivalry is great for golf.

Yesterday is was Brooks looking out of sorts...especially with the driver and the rough was a difference maker at Eastlake this week. I think once he missed the 2nd short par putt, and Rory sank a 2 shot swing birdie putt on top of it...Koepka was done...pretty much said as much...he didn't think he was going to beat Rory.

The Tiger stuff is tough to deal with as a golfer when you don't deal with it week in week out....you've got to be so locked in that you barely even know who you're playing against.

It's great to have two peaking, but the tour needs more than that. With Jason Day and his new caddie splitting, DJ has been quiet of late and Spieth struggling more than not, it's opened the door for some hungry talented players to walk thru it.

'19-'20 season is around the corner.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard during yesterday's telecast that Jack Nicklaus had tweeted that he did not earn over 5M during his entire career and yet, that was 2nd place prize money.

Un Effin Real

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard during yesterday's telecast that Jack Nicklaus had tweeted that he did not earn over 5M during his entire career and yet, that was 2nd place prize money.

Un Effin Real

Yep...the purse money didn't start to grow much until Greg Norman hit the scene.

I think Byron Nelson won 11 consecutive events and I remember him saying that he didn't think he could really afford to take a week off....are you serious? Times have changed.